I Hate My New Job!

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by ScrubPuppy, Aug 17, 2014.

1. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I work between 12:00AM and 7;30AM. Go home and sleep all day, then get up and go to work again. My life revolves around sleeping and working. Other than that, it's an outstanding company.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Sounds not too bad, but it depends on the person how well you can handle those hours. I liked it, if you can get into bed by 8:30 AM and sleep til 1:30 PM or so you still have a lot of the day.

3. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I get to bed early enough, but I sleep until late in the evening. There's something about the schedule that doesn't fit my internal clock. I've never slept so much in my life before starting this job. I do wake up several times during the day--have a smoke then go back to sleep. I'm wide awake while on the job.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I often got really tired in the last hour(s), got myself home and crashed into bed and a deep sleep as soon as I could. Because I slept so deep I felt I could set my clock to go off not too late in the afternoon, started the day pretty fresh and energetic, same with work. Then, in the last few hours of work often got really tired and sleepy again :p Ah well, I wasn't going to do anything after work anyway so it did suit me fine.

5. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I do get to see my wife and kids near the end of the night, so I guess it's not all bad. This is my first time working graveyard. I've worked swing several times with no problems, and I thought graveyard wouldn't be much of a change. I was wrong.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i couldn't do it. second shift was hard enough, no way i could handle graveyard.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Graveyard? there is still hope; there can be no war (anti-war) with an industrially hindered environment, The Eastern European calls that a "blue" thought for the computer.. Putin, head.