School And School Shooters

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Logan 5, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I tried to apply for college this year, and I had applied last year at the same school, too. I did all the paperwork required.

When I was approached about this, I asked "why", as I had done it already. It seems there is this form they apparently upgraded, and it asked an awful lot more about my criminal record than the one from 2013. But instead of telling me this I was told "because you might be a school shooter".

Where in the hell do they get this totally fucked up idea that there is some kind of form that will tell who is or isn't a school shooter? There is none! Period!

If they have a new from, just say so. But they don't. Instead they call me a school shooter...?
    What's wrong with this picture?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You're criminal record probably indicates that at some stage in your life you were a trouble maker. I could only imagine this school is trying their hardest to weed out trouble makers. -shrug-

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

What's wrong with it is that too many people have guns around the house.

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They're scared for school shooters?

5. VerySexual

VerySexual Members

Logan, do whatever you have to do to pursue your education. Ask a counselor if this is a requirement for all new students. If it is, fill it out and turn it in. If it isn't, you have a discrimination case; let them know, that you know, they are treading on thin ice. More than likely they are asking everyone intrusive questions. Personally, I wouldn't admit to owning a gun...not even a BB gun; what's a gun?

Pursue your education. Pull straight A's...even in the stupid classes (health, swimming, etc.) Study something that will help you make money. See the counselor and other department chairmen who will give you good information as to what classes to take and when. Counselors are known for giving wrong information that makes you take unnecesary classes. This costs you valuable time and money.

Good Luck, Logan!

1 person likes this.
  6. Logan 5

The issue is not the form. I did it before. This one appeared to be newer as it had more detail. However, as I said the form is not the issue. Calling me a school shooter IS.

7. Logan 5

Well, the school is looking into it. After I brought up the severity of the matter. all of this garbage because I only asked "why?". The school cannot legally punish me because I questioned school policy. I never refused to do the form, I only asked why.
    My application HAS, OTOH, been accepted at another school ass well. Not as big and prestigious, a two year CC versus a state uni that goes all the way up to doctorate level. But it's something.

8. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

Fear. The problem is a ridiculous fear that controls our actions. Think Patriot Act, when our constitutional rights (America) were suspended out of fear. And people went along with it. If fear can do that... well, let's just say that it doesn't surprise me, especially in light of recent happenings.