Tony Stewart Killed Kevin Ward Jr On Track

Discussion in 'People' started by wyldwynd, Aug 10, 2014.

1. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

was it on accident or did he intentionally hit him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG6qno

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

both at fault from the way i see things

guy intentionally put himself in danger....

guy in car has a better defense though...he can say he surprised to see someone on the track ...he could say he was distracted and looking at the accident to the side...hit the gas by mistake when surprised to see someone right there

guy in road rage mode has no defense at all ...his actions are obvious and deliberate

3. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Should have stayed in the car. Stewart was the one who put him in the wall to begin with so that's who he was intentionally moving towards when he got hit. I think it was just an accident though.

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Racing is dangerous enough in a car. When you become so irate that you get out and start walking around in traffic, it's like suicide. This guy just lost his senses.

5. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

tony stewart is a notorious hot head with road rage....:driving:

i cant believe the officials let that kid walk around the cars like that without stopping the race immediately

6. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Under a yellow flag?

It was on purpose.

Edited to add: I don't think he really meant to kill him, but he did.

7. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

[QUOTE="]
    i cant believe the officials let that kid walk around the cars like that without stopping the race immediately
    [/QUOTE]
    Dirt track. All kinds of crazy shit goes on in those places.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not only hit him on purpose but put him into the wall on purpose in the first place. That's why the kid was pointing him out...

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wouldn't say he hit the kid on purpose, by the looks of it considering Tony's car was out of shape, the rumored reports that Stewart hit the gas pedal before hitting the kid were most likely true IMO but I'd say he was just trying to flick some dirt up in the kids face, not actually run him down.

10. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Maybe so. It happens. If you can't handle that, you shouldn't be in racing. You can't let anything or anybody make you mad enough to walk across the track into traffic.

Ever been to a short track race? I have. Short paved track, not dirt. It's a rough, tough crowd; drivers and fans. Nobody should be surprised when terrible things happen at those places. Lots of fights after the races.

The replay on ESPN is better than the one posted here. What I see is Tony Stewart tailgating another car under the yellow flag, taking a line that is maybe 2 or 3 feet higher than the car in front of him. He and the pedestrian probably never got a good look at each other until it was too late.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I can't see too much tailgaiting, definitely a distance.

At the end of the day, every one else managed to miss him. Tony, fully aware there was a wreck on the high side put his car on the high side when everyone went low. Other drivers have said they saw the driver walking on the track. Other drivers say Tony floored it past. Other drivers say "he flat out hit him". There's a perception you can't see out of these cars, the other drivers racing in this race say otherwise.

But no criminal charges pending, what do I know. =)

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It was suicide.

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I think it was more a bad choice to stand on the track where he knew speed was happening. If you can get out of the car you should be running off the track if you are so able to stand and walk, he could have pointed a finger from there.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You don't blip your throttle under a yellow

You don't go high outside under a yellow when you know that's where the car is. Tony knew that's where the car was because he put it there.

Yes, I've been to many dirt tracks. This is Pro sprint cars, not street stock. Rules apply.

15. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bad judgement. Bad theatrics on both their parts.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What's worse is Jeff Gordon should be contending for a win right now but electric malfunctions have him way down and probably out of the lead of the pre chase standings. =(

17. *Yogi*

*Yogi* Resident Racist

This is 100% ward fucking jr's fault!

I owned two of these cars and just got back from the nationals.
    1 YES you do fluff the throttle, Its a fucking alcohol motor, If not it will load up!
    2 You have to fluff it up to keep the tires hot and sticky from the 150mph you were just going and will resume in a matter of seconds.
    3 That's how you steer a sprint car, But glad to see everyone is a fucking pro seasoned vets watching a piss poor you tube vid!

You have 4"+/- of front visual to look out of, You drive off that and the front left tire. Most of the time you drive off the tire and rarely look out the front as its caked with mud or spraying mud through.
    It also has 2 brakes, Only one front on the left side to make the car pull into the slide, The rear locks both or tries. Either way, Fluff or brake, The ass and stagger tire was going the same way.

Then comes the common fucking sense part! What kind of fucking dumbass gets out of their car to point a 'finger' in anger in a poorly lit track while you are walking HALFWAY down from the apron/wall where you're car is! The on dumb fuck who would do this would also wear 'all black' so other couldn't see any part of him! That fucking moron is DEAD!

It is in no way TS's fault, Even more so, Its racing and if you are not willing to put you're life on the line, Why the fuck are you there? You never get out unless its A. on fire or B. the officials and crew are there with, Hold on for this, 'Caution lights' for idiots who wear track matching attire so drivers with the 4" mentioned opening can see enough to go high, Mid or low on the track to avoid people, Cars, Oil etc.
    Then again, If it wasn't for a high profile figure like TS and a 20 year old, Would this have been known asap? Not in a million years! If it were joe dick and rich enya the country/world would have never known outside of the sprint car community! People didn't hear about the other 3 until this 'high profile' one.

Boils down to one thing, And one thing only, Should the kid wearing all black, Have gotten out of his car BEFORE caution crews and lights were there? If the answer is anything else but NO, Common sense waved by bye to you long ago too!

I feel bad, Yes. But not enough when they are trying to throw TS under the bus when YOU have it in front of you're face he 'walked right into it' and you are still passing the blame!

1 person likes this.
  18. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Irminsul may have a point.

Maybe Tony was just trying to "flick some dirt on him".

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

what I see is, dude get out and then I cant see him no more. I see him again a little bit, but then he blended right into the car he was driving. I cant see shit as it is tho.. but maybe thats what its like out there, smeared up window, stadium light glare..

TS driving angle is different than that camera angle .. [​IMG]

20. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Now there's lots of cable TV channels and web sites talking about what a mean person Tony Stewart is, as if that somehow proves something about what happened last night. Yeah, he talks tough, but he's also one of those rare people who will tell the truth in situations where everybody else is saying whatever sounds politically correct. I've always liked that about him.

NASCAR has always had its bad boys. That's always been a part of the sport. In recent years, the biggest bad-asses have been the Busch brothers. Before they came along, it was Dale Earnhardt, and before that Cale Yarborough and the Allison brothers.

http://youtu.be/MXbHQtZH8dE

The only perfectly safe way to experience racing is by watching it on a screen. Even as a spectator at the track, you may experience flying debris and unruly fans.