Your Perfect World

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Karen_J, Aug 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy Sky Diamond

Lucy Sky Diamond Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We really shouldn't take over Karen's thread, but that's cute. Nope haven't told him, he can get quite prickly in these situations. (ba-boom!)

I commiserate. I just went through a major move in my life, I'm still lamenting that I couldn't bring my cherished piano with me. Why didn't I learn the harmonica!

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Well, he can just fork off..lol

When I think about it, my perfect world would have been to continue with my first working band, playing whatever we wanted and me just doing what I did best, improvising long blues/rock guitar solos on stage. The perfect world part would have been to make a comfortable living, LOL

Sorry about your piano Lucy...

3. Echo Catharsis

Echo Catharsis Members

My perfect world as a musician would be to have started piano lessons at age 4 after proving how much of a natural I was on my brother's hand-me-down Casio. That way, as I learned to read and write, songwriting would've stuck a little bit firmer in my brain. By the time I reached my teenage years when most cool musician kids look to start a band, I probably would've either joined a Classic Prog Rock influenced band or something simple and gritty with Metallica or Nirvana influences and a few experimental touches. Then, in later high school years as I morphed from Metalhead to Goth, I'd want something more exotic and ethereal of a musical sound a la Dead Can Dance or Blackmore's Night. I'd probably bounce back and forth between a worldly new age sound or Metal Opera like Nightwish before finding my niche in Electro-Medieval music, my current listening pleasure and vocal inspiration as in Qntal, Helium Vola, etc. I wouldn't mind not being world famous as long as I gathered enough of an underground audience to support making a living off my talents of keys and vocals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.