Ebola In The Media

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Aerianne, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So, this guy in Dallas, Tx brought Ebola here after handling and caring for a woman who died of Ebola. The others in the group who handled the woman are already dead.

He came in contact with approx. 80 people after he landed in Dallas. They are being observed.

His close contacts, like family, are being held in quarantine at gun point because they weren't cooperative about staying inside.

There is talk that if we don't stop Ebola in the next 4 weeks we won't be able to.

This evening, I heard all of this on Dan Mandis Show on http://www.newsradio1067.com/common/more.php?m=55&mode=search&tag=dan%20mandis&keywordlink=1

https://www.************/danmandisshow

2. Aerianne

3. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

It's spread by gay sex and drug use

/sarcasm

WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY overhyped. They're just trying to sell you something, for goodness sake. I don't intend on rimming the ass of someone dying of hemorrhaging from ebola anytime soon, so I feel pretty safe about it

I think Americans should worry more about fried chicken, alcohol, and cigarettes before they freak out over ebola, because those individually are far more lethal.

[​IMG]

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Monsanto is involved with the cure... Bets they are involved with it spreading, they are certainly involved with the media hype. They are going to make billions...

5. Aerianne

Dude had an 8 hour lay-over in Washington, DC

*EDIT & hours in Brussels and 3 hours in D.C.
    Code:
    United Airlines, which on Wednesday revealed Duncan had flown on its flights from Brussels to Washington Dulles and then from Dulles to Dallas, said it had given a 'thorough cleaning' to both planes he was on.

6. Aerianne

This is scary stuff.

Among the 12 people being closely monitored were five children - who attend four area schools. Panic-stricken parents in the area pulled their kids out of classes after they received Ebola fact sheets and notes which said 'everything is fine'. Schools were also scrubbed down and extra nurses brought in to monitor any students with fevers or flu-like symptoms.

You Only Live Once...Pulling food, which the Red Cross delivered, inside the quarantined apartment.

[​IMG]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2777788/Panicked-parents-pull-kids-school-s-revealed-Ebola-patient-Texas-throwing-place.html

7. Aerianne

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

As a sentient individual, I don't worry about this shit. I know there's not a single disease on this earth that cannot be wiped out with a high enough dose of vitamin C.

To me it's hard to say whether the media is hyping it or downplaying it. In a way I think they're doing both simultaneously. At this point, I could see it going both ways. It could simply be another event that will be exploited to instill fear and gain more control, or it could, as the CDC is saying, "go airborne." If it does it won't happen on its own. So we also need to keep in mind that the people who run this world want to get rid of most of the people on it. An airborne form of Ebola that rapidly spreads could be the perfect solution to the elite's population problem.

9. Aerianne

I know!

Shit's real and it's here, right now.

It's nothing to laugh at.

10. volunteer_tommy

Oh yeah, because vitamin C is a magic cure all. I believe that as much as your bullshit about Sandy Hook not happening. You're insane. What purpose could the elite killing everyone else possibly serve, and why implement it now?

Seriously, don't bring your conspiracy nutcase beliefs into this

11. Aerianne

You don't make rules for this thread, River.

We're discussing media coverage of this and conspiracy certainly fits into my conversation.

12. volunteer_tommy

Because monkeys have the same immune system as humans. Right.

It is airborne... for monkeys, other primates. It's decimating certain gorilla populations right now for that very reason. An entire subspecies may go extinct because of it. HUMANS, however, are a bit more resilient, and only get it through contact with bodily fluids

13. Aerianne

Take some time to read. There is great concern that this virus, in humans, may mutate and become airborne.

14. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Wrong... your body pees out whatever it cannot use. If you're sick or fighting an infection, your body requires a lot more vitamin C.

They have been experimenting with high dose intravenous vitamin C to fight cancer. Vitamin C is the most powerful antioxidant on earth.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Good nuance I guess. Although I am not sure vit C can counter an ebola epidemic like in some of those west African countires just on itself.

Which brings me to the thread topic again: the media may overact sometimes where it comes to the danger of an epidemic in the US and west Europe (but it is true one person with ebola coming unchecked in the country can start an epidemic just on itself, so proper precautions at airports and the like is not overreacting), but it may not be overreacting about how disastrous it is in countries like Sierra Leone or Liberia.

16. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Anyone here claiming that Vitamin C can cure Ebola should be banned. That is not free speech, it is harmful speech.

2 people like this.
  17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems a dangerous assumption to claim with certainty that it works.

18. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

Now theres 2cases in texas and 1 in hawaii.

19. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/09/us-usa-cancer-watson-idUSBRE90805N20130109

"On the idea that antioxidants such as those in colorful berries fight cancer: "The time has come to seriously ask whether antioxidant use much more likely causes than prevents cancer."

A number of studies have shown that taking antioxidants such as vitamin E do not reduce the risk of cancer but can actually increase it, and can even shorten life. But drugs that block antioxidants - "anti-antioxidants" - might make even existing cancer drugs more effective.
    Anything that keeps cancer cells full of oxygen radicals "is likely an important component of any effective treatment," said cancer biologist Robert Benezra of Sloan-Kettering. (bold added GS)

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

New estimates by the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are warning that the number of Ebola cases could soar dramatically in the weeks and months ahead. The CDC says that unless efforts to curb the outbreak are ramped up significantly and quickly, the disease could infect up to 1.4 million people by mid-January in two nations, Sierra Leone and Liberia, alone.. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alarming-rise-in-ebola-cases-projected/