Ebola In The Media

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Aerianne, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now there is concern in San Diego because a college student came in contact with someone who was on a flight with the 2nd nurse.

It's at Southwestern College.

All students and staff in class with the student and in the class following have been quarantined, according to Anna Pryor, editor-in-chief of the college's newspaper, The Sun. Reportedly, about 20 students have been quarantined.
    Campus police have taped off the building and are waiting on officials from the Center for Disease Control to arrive.

http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/Student-at-Southwestern-College-under-quarantine-for-Ebola-279453812.html

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I think they are taking this way out of proportion... An Ohio school, seriously?

Oh, and the guys with the clipboards and blue shirts... Double secret agents that have been given the double secret vaccine.

3. SwitchyWoman

SwitchyWoman Members

Meanwhile, I have a close family member that works in the apartment community in Dallas where the 2nd nurse was living. She is exhausted from dealing with meetings with the residents about what is being done, hazmat cleaning and the media all over the roads where she works. Not to mention, she is scared out of her wits at this point.

4. Aerianne

I can imagine that's pretty heavy to deal with.

5. Aerianne

Nurse # 2, Amber Vincent, may have been having symptoms as early as last Friday. That news has caused the passengers of her flight from Dallas to Cleveland to be put on the observation list.

She spent 3 hours in a bridal shop on Saturday while near Akron, so that store has closed and its employees are under observation.

Her stepfather's house in Tallmadge, where she stayed during her visit, has been cordoned off and the people who made contact with her there are under quarantine.

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index.ssf/2014/10/akron_bridal_store_closed_afte.html

6. Aerianne

I'm reading that the U. S. now has a Czar.

We have an Ebola Czar.

Seriously?

A Czar.

7. SwitchyWoman

SwitchyWoman Members

We also had a Drug Czar during the 'war on drugs."

8. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I posted this a couple days ago in SL I should of posted it here...

9. Aerianne

Oh yeah...

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont get why Ebola and aids keep getting mentioned together by scientists and the media. They're really nothing alike except they both supposedly came from Africa and some people believe they both came from a lab in 'merica. And they're both viruses.

11. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Oh, we 've had em before, like the Czar of the drug wars, the Czar of the Muslim wars, and the Czar of something else.

12. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I read on the Alex Jones website that ebola was invented by the US military, or at least one of the four or five strains was developed as a bio-weapon to be used by America against some other country, or some third world defenseless people.

13. Aerianne

Here's an article on Clipboard Man!
    He wasn't supposed to be wearing one, according to the group in charge of the evacuation.

He is the medical protocol supervisor, responsible for supervising everyone else involved in the process. Because the protective gear seriously limits vision, he was there to provide the eyes that other people didn't have.
    "Our medical professionals in the biohazard suits have limited vision and mobility, and it is the protocol supervisor’s job to watch each person carefully and give them verbal directions to ensure no close contact protocols are violated,"
    http://www.businessinsider.com/man-with-clipboard-didnt-need-hazmat-2014-10

For that reason, a supervisor from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will now be sent to any hospital treating an Ebola patient to watch over everyone using protective gear

[​IMG]

14. Tyrsonswood

Well, there Ya go... Must be the same thing.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

They don't really get mentioned together in the dutch news (as far as I noticed). Maybe a glimmer of hope? ;)

16. Tyrsonswood

17. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Only the frenzied media is calling him a "czar".

18. sunfighter

Stop reading the Alex Jones website. He is not interested in the truth. He is trying to manipulate you into a rage so his popularity goes up.

19. Aerianne

What is his title?

20. sunfighter

"Ebola response coordinator", apparently.