Welcome to the New Hip Forums!

Discussion in 'Site Announcements' started by skip, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

We are still converting data to our new site. Sorry for all the delays.

Lots of hiccups getting the data in (7.5 million posts will take ages to convert!)

You're welcome to keep using this, as we should be able to update the database with your activities here once the conversion is done. Just in case, don't post anything up important (lol!) You can probably use this site for next couple of days. It's on the new server, that's why it looks funky as not everything works (and why we're upgrading the site!)

We're busy setting up the new site, but it's a huge task that takes a lot of time. After all, Hip Forums was not built in a day!

I've already tried the chat (which I couldn't demo before), and it's simple but cool!

The member profiles are much nicer and everything has a new layout. I hope to have time to customize the look a bit before we go live. So again, be patient and it will be worth the wait!

2. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

So far, Skip, I'm underwhelmed. It's slower than it was before, and I cant' see which of my contacts are online and which aren't. That's two big raspberries. Maybe once the migration is complete that'll change. But if it doesn't ... you've been sold a pup. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Am I not allowed to post new threads just while the update happens or? I can't possibly think what I did wrong.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I can't see my contacts and stuff right now either...but, I don't think this is the new site.

Am I understanding correctly that this is the old site and we are now able to use it until the new one is done??

In any case, glad I've been able to get onto one of them now!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's an "open contacts pop up" link at the top left with contacts.
    It's not iPad user friendly yet. =p

6. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

I can't see who's in the chat room without entering it

7. skip

skip Founder Administrator

This isn't a thread about this old site. Enjoy it while you can... You'll know when you're on the new site.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

That's what I was thinking.

9. BeachBall

BeachBall Nosey old moo

Ah ... OK ... so we've still to make the transition? Looking forward to it, then ...

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

sheesh he said hes workin on it. relax :D

11. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

:groupwave: rollcall :groupwave:

12. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Just a thought, will the new site have a chat that is user friendly to iPads and smart phones? This one needs java and some computers, mobile ones can't do java. Thanks

13. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

14. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

will we lose our photos albums? and what about my personal forum?

15. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Thanks skip I'm just happy to be back together with all of u

16. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

That is the data they are transferring over, so you can imagine how much has to be moved. :) It should all be there once the new site is up and running. :)

17. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

I wonder what's going to happen to like old accounts all the people that don't come back anymore will they still have their ghost profiles left or will they disappear ?

18. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

When the site moved in 04 , everything moved with it. So I would assume that will be the same this time. Some accounts can be dormant for a long time and then a person will return so I am sure no accounts will be deleted for that reason.

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

will the new site be able to give us free handjobs?

really, i'm quite sure we will all be able to see exactly what it can do as soon as it's done converting. i know from experience that until then, the person performing the conversion has more urgent things on his mind than answering questions that he probably doesn't have a definite answer to anyway.

20. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well that's not really true. i notice your join date is may 2004, which means you yourself most likely lost an account in that move.

that said, i think we're less likely to lose anything this time, considering the forum technology is 10 years more advanced than last time and there are probably more ways in place to retain existing info by now. but, i really don't know; i won't claim to have done any research on this new forum software or anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.