Chatphetamamine

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by AceK, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

She sure is beautiful. It does sound like she has a lot of issues. When I got Grace she had been found as a stray. I don't know what all happened to her in her first year of life but I do know she must have been abused. She is petrified of people and nervous around kids and sudden noises. She is such a sweetheart though. Grace seems to like her life with me but after three years here several of her issues still remain. She takes a lot of patience.

The first dog I had as a single person was part Australian Shepherd. They are very smart.

When I got Grace I had actually gone to the shelter about a border collie they had on their website. When I "met" the dog it was bonkers and bouncing off the walls of its cage. Another dog I was interested in was beautiful but I decided it was going to be too big for me to handle at this time of my life. Then I saw Grace. She had not been pictured on their website. She was the only dog not barking (something important for living in an apartment). She can and does bark but it is rare. I took her out for a walk and fell in love.

I have to say she is almost the exact opposite in behaviour as my previous dog Sunny (Sundance). I used to refer to him as Raymond because everybody loved him and he loved everyone. All dogs deserve a second chance to find the right person. :2thumbsup:

2. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

You know me and dial-up connection, so I can't see Juliet...but everybody says she's beautiful (so she must be).

I've known a couple of people with australian shepherds. They are just wonderful breeds. My beloved insane Jack was a border collie, which are very similar in temperament to the aussie shepherds. The herding dogs take a lot of attention...just make sure you don't get a nut-case like my Jack was. :)

BUT, my precious sweet Smokey (rip 2005) was part chow and part huskey, so I know I'd want one of the above...australian shepherd, border collie or huskey mix.

You'll find the right one.

Edit: No...the right one will find you. :)

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

:coffee:

Ow ow....

4. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

I've gotta say, Ty, that the work you continue to do to your house is nothing short of amazing and spectacular. The slate you've described putting down as flooring, replacing windows with doors, etc etc...it boggles my mind. The fact that you know HOW to do all this and that you are doing it...(in spite of ow) means (to me) you have quite some strength. :2thumbsup:

Which normally that might not mean much (boggling my mind) but this time it does! :)

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

lynn speaks the truth, i bought myself a fixer upper and i neither fixed it or upped it.
    i actually just started getting serious about making it my own just this week.
    before i bought it i never drilled holes or messed with anything because it wasnt mine. when i did buy it i just got lazy. but thats over now ... shit just got real yo. ok i have to go clean my car now.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive to got to school peeps. not really feeling like it... then to go visit juliet.

7. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

about cleaning the car...in searching that big-ass Crown Vic IN VAIN for the phone that went into the ethers I cleaned it up inside, sort of. :p

I DID wash it yesterday...NOW it's raining. :banghead:

8. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

oh romeo....have a great day

its rainy windy here this morning...

gave dog a lambs neck from the butcher....he devoured it but I don't think I will get him more lamb...not tough enough....gonna stick with the pig knuckles....

I missed my dump run...now I have to wait until Saturday....my recycling is full

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Lynn - I assume you've already tried calling the phone, right? I guess the battery is probably dead now, though.

10. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

lynn...I just emailed you 2 photos of Juliet taken off the youtube video

Juliet lived in a graveyard all alone for over a year and it took several handlers to finally trap her and bring her in

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

For all of the recycling that is done everywhere, around here you need special knowledge as to where to take anything that can be recycled.

There is one dump fairly near that is open only on certain days and at certain Very Specific times (usually times that people are at work). This is a dump for "regular trash" but I was told you can put plastic bottles in a separate trash bag and they separate them from the rest of the garbage.

We use almost no plastic bottles. What few we do use I throw without remorse into the trash can. A lady and crew pick up our trash once a week. Mama (not the trash lady) governs how many trash bags we put out for her to pick up. :rolleyes: If there are more bags than she determines we should put in the 2 cans, she puts them (hides them) in the very back of the basement for her to distribute the next week, or whenever, in the outside trash cans.

12. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

While I was at the drive-thru at the bank, I got a text, read it and then turned it OFF. So, there was no calling it. lol

I am pleased to say (if I haven't already) that the Tracfone people transfered ALL my minutes (over 100) to my new phone.

13. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

ROLLING, thanks so much for sending the pic...I can't wait to see her. :)

Right now it says I only have 80 minutes to complete the download. :D

I'm serious, too...but that's fine...I want to see her! :2thumbsup:

14. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I should have reduced it first...lemme do it again

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

No, my dear, it's fine...no matter what size it is, it takes a while for my special dial-up. :)

16. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

then here you go my southern belle:)

[​IMG]

17. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

OMG! She is beautiful. Something about her living in a graveyard for a year speaks to me...saying she is quite a special animal.

Even though it took several handlers to bring her in, from that picture she doesn't look overly traumatized, which speaks quite well for her.

and thank you so much, RA. :sunny:

18. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

My left shoulder is sore .....

19. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

I wonder if it has to do with cutting my finger cuz it's the same side that my finger was cut..
    And since my finger was cut I was probably working out weird on that side and now my shoulder n neck are sore..

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I've always had to do this stuff myself, so I had to learn how. Construction, mechanics, woodwork, guitar building, leatherwork, whatever. I need stuff done and can't afford to pay someone else, so do it myself.

My Father once told me "If you can't afford to buy it you better learn to make it yourself"... Dad doesn't remember telling me this though... :rolleyes:

I'm sure it was meant to be a lesson in getting a job and making money, which I have done but never made a lot. I took it as a lesson in self preservation and being multi-talented... This house is my biggest challenge yet, and my biggest canvas. (Artists term)

PS... Right in the middle of writing this I had to save a baby sparrow that hit the window... She looked dead, totally knocked out, but came around. Nothing broken and she flew off after a rest in my hand. :love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.