micro-dosing research chemicals

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by porkstock41, Jul 30, 2014.

1. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i was thinking about giving this a try with miprocin. maybe to get a little enhancement in a setting where i would not usually trip, possibly with family present, etc.

i guess i would consider a micro-dose to be anything smaller than the lower limit of Shulgin's suggested dosage range. for miprocin that is 12-25 mg, so i could try 6-10 mg for a micro-dose.

the lowest dose of miprocin i've tried is 14 mg at a concert, and i decided that i would stick with higher doses in the future because with that lower dose i noticed some anxiety that never vanished. obviously, if i decide to micro-dose, i will be breaking this new "rule" i set for myself.

but that leads me to wonder if micro-dosing will just give me initial alerts that lead nowhere, other than possible slight anxiety?

with 4-aco-dmt, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't notice a micro-dose, as lower doses have generally provided not much that i could notice.

other possibilities for microdosing would be 2c-e and 2c-b. 2c-b is like 4-aco-dmt for me...i need a larger dose to feel anything. so if 25 mg 2c-b is basically a dud for me, i doubt i would get much from micro-dosing it at 10 mg or less.

2c-e...maybe. i've tried it at 12 mg at least a couple times, and for me that provides a nice but mostly mild trip. it might be interesting to see what 6 or 8 mg would do, but it might be more interesting to take at least 20 mg the next time i decide to eat some, or maybe even take the advice of several members here and do a (ridiculously) high dose of 30-60 mg. i only have about 92 mg of that left from years ago.

anyone have any experience with micro-dosing?

2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i have taken 1/4 of a tab of LSD before, everything just seemed a little off, and enhance. There wasn't much visuals as you would expect, though you could still notice the organization and structure of things without having obvious visuals. mentally there was somewhat of a stimulant effect on conceptual reasoning. i'm not sure how noticeable it would be if you did not know you had taken it, but it was definitely not placebo.

I have found that if you go into it expecting a full blown trip you are unlikely to think you felt it, but if you take it as it comes and for what its worth then you will notice it.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I thought you had tried micro dose miprocin before porkstock.

Going by dosage, I technically microdosed 2cb but I snorted it so I don't know if that counts. It was fairly uneventful and I worked on it and would probably prefer a typical stimulant or typical depressant instead.

4. porkstock41

nope i never tried micro-dosing with miprocin, or with anything really.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

^micro-dosing MXE is pretty nice. it provides a good mental stimulant effect but unlike typical stimulants such as amphetamines, it doesn't make you tweak it's like things slow down enough where you can focus on one task and not worry about a million other tasks.

i'm not sure what you would consider a micro dose of mxe though, theres different levels to the mxe experience. I guess i am referring to a dose where you can still function mostly normally (better in some ways;)) and be able to work and mostly focus on the work you are doing, instead of focusing mostly on the effects of the drug. of course the mxe effect is nice and pleasantly in the background as well

6. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

I've always wanted to do this and don't know why I haven't. Maybe when I get some free time soon. I would like to try 6mg 2c-e. My first trip was 10mg 4-AcO-DMT but that was pretty active and enjoyable. I wanna try something at the level where effects are barely noticeable.

7. porkstock41

yeah i think 6 mg of 2c-e would be a good "micro-dose"
    12 mg has given me some pretty solid trips, so 6 mg would probably be at least noticeable. let us know if you give it a try, Pop

8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I am referring to this post doctor...

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=7676849&postcount=83

9. porkstock41

shit...i completely forgot about that. it looks like i didn't stop there though. if you go to the next page of that thread, you will see that i decided to take a full dose later that night.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showpost.php?p=7677549&postcount=96

whoops, i'm wrong again. looks like i took the 1-2 mg on 6/14, and the 23 mg the next day.
    thanks for finding this, GB

10. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

impressive searching gb. doctors do forget...

11. porkstock41

well we aren't elephants! :)

thanks to GB, my 1-2 mg micro-dose of miprocin has now been added to my master list of trips. but since the site change-over, i haven't been able to access my old blog, so i lost a very long journal entry chronicling all of my miprocin trips. and another one with all of my annual summer camping trips :(

i haven't done any micro-dosing since i started this thread. didn't get a lot of responses either...anyone care to add anything?

i've really been "feeling the calling" from my somewhat recently acquired LSD, but not very much time to trip. therefore, i had been considering taking just a little bit :) this acid is actually quite good - seems pretty potent. i had a pretty full-on trip last time from ~1.5 hits, so i wonder how low of a dose i could take and still feel it. i think a half hit of this stuff would probably result in a mild trip. ...which leads me to believe that they just might be 90-100 ug each, as "the dude" said when i asked. of course right down "shakedown street" the same doses were 125 ug :)

now i just looked up on erowid, a threshold dose of LSD is 20 ug?! i wonder if i'd actually be able to notice that? maybe that would be like 1/4 of a hit though, which would be about right.

12. thismoment

thismoment Member

A widely accepted concept of the little-known idea of micro-dosing is that it's more micro than discussed above. LSD, for example, would be taken in daily or almost daily 10-20 mcg doses. In actual practice, dosing is less precise LOL. (Source: Jim Fadiman, Psychedelic Explorer's Guide)

I took 4AcO-DMT ~2 mg 5 days/ week x 2 weeks. I think I was a little more insightful and aware, and had better vibes, but it wasn't profound or life-changing that I could tell. Maybe I should have taken more.

13. porkstock41

yeah i agree, thismoment, if you take enough LSD to feel it, it's probably too high to be considered a "micro" dose. more like a low dose. i think i'm blessed that the acid i came across is a little too potent to accurately microdose ;)
    with acid especially, i'd be more interested in low doses rather than microdoses. i'd like to actually feel it since it's so rare and all..

14. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Tolerance is going to be an issue really quick and then I wonder if you would even notice anything from such small doses. But as a mild background thing for a few days I could see the benefit. I have personally always went by Mckenna's quote "If you take a psychedelic drug and you are not afraid you did too much you didn't do enough".

15. felix4life

felix4life Member

I have found microdosing works way better not only on an empty stomach but eating less for the whole day.

16. porkstock41

i'm curious what effect you noticed from micro-doses, of which chemicals?

17. ragamala

ragamala Spiritual Entertainer

Glad this thread has been active as it's something I have been thinking about lately. In fact I came back to HF tonight after a long absence (miss me?) specifically to look into this very topic. I've never tried to intentionally "microdose" although with all new chemicals I start at less than the prescribed threshold dose just to be safe. It seems to me that microdosing is properly a totally different approach to psychedelics--that is, basically to use them as a mild stimulant / concentration aid. I am back in school and could definitely do with something to keep my energy levels up and assist my focus and memory. I do not particularly enjoy amphetamines and am afraid of their addictive potential, but must admit that a high-dose XR adderall has done things for my focus and perseverance that no other substance has ever done. It seems from a very small body of available anecdotal evidence that sub-threshold doses of psychedelics could do this nicely. Miprocin was also my drug of interest for this, simply because I have some to spare.

I would also ask about miprocin solubility...it would be much easier to do little doses if I could do it with a liquid solution, rather than weighing out each dose on my milligram scale which is so time-consuming and cumbersome. Anyone know anything about miprocin solubility in, say, alcohol? It seems not to be particularly soluble in water (always maintaining grit and clumps when I mix it in a glass of juice for consumption). I no longer remember which salt it is that I have...sulfate I think? But possibly fumarate...

1 person likes this.
  18. felix4life

felix4life Member

I've tried it with 2c-e amd 4 aces but my microdoses were after having trips with these substances just a day before. I'm by no means an expert on microdosing. I don't even know how you would effectivly measure a microdose unless you put it in alcohol.

19. ragamala

5mg of Miprocin down the hatch. We'll see if it helps me study or gives more energy or has any effect at all on the afternoon.

Pork do you know the mass/density effect of miprocin's hygroscopic nature? Surely there is a way to calculate how much total moisture it will hold (maximum saturation?) and what proportion of a total weight of powder that would account for. My Miprocin is over a year old and has hardly been kept in vacuum-sealed or perfectly-dry environments. I wonder whether the weighed dose of 5mg is actually less compared to a dose of new/dry Miprocin that weighs the same...?

20. ragamala

Update: nope, I don't like it. Just feels like all the un-fun parts of tripping. I don't feel more focused, if anything I feel more scatterbrained. Yes, there is more energy, but it is undirected and somewhat anxious. 5mg is definitely noticeable, but I don't care for this.