Understanding

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Cindylu, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Cindylu

Cindylu Guest

Hi All,

I'm very new to this sight I've been looking for advice for a while maybe someone can help me out. I have been in a relationship with my live in gf for almost 3 years. At one point we were engaged but needless to say that didn't go the way we planned it to go. To make a VERY long story short neither one of us has been exactly perfect to each other. For a while I had a tough time holding on to a job and she supported me until I found one I could keep. I was out of work for 5 months and she has resented me for it ever sense. I have been working for over a year sense then and put all that I have into the house hold and still can't get a break. Also before her I was in a 6 year relationship with a man so she is constantly thinking that I'm wondering when in all honesty sense the day that we met I haven't noticed anyone but her I love her that much and it was almost instant. One day a neighbor hit on me and I politely told him no with a smile as not to be rude and she took that as I was giving him the ok. Then finally one day she flat out accused me of smiling at a man as I was coming into the apt. (there was no man any near me at the time I swear) and broke up with me. We got back together but things have been strained ever sense. And finally I walked in on her cheating on me WITH A MAN, I forgave her but now though I love her I don't trust her or feel safe and confident in the relationship. I just feel insecure all the time. She says that in nagging I pushed her into a moment of weakness and curiosity being that that was her first time with a man in that way. How could I have pushed a woman who has never been with a man to that, I'm trying to understand but I can't. I've been with a couple of men in my past and that makes her unsure and insecure, how can that insecurity cause this. Like I said we are trying to work things out but she can't explain this in a way I can understand, she is trying to show me that she still loves and respects me but I'm having a hard time believing it. Please help me I can't let it go and move on until I can understand it.

Hurt & Confused :bigcry:

2. CC23

CC23 Member

I'm not expert on your relationship (I think you are best qualified) but since you were cheated on, and you are hurt by it, clearly you are best off not being with her anymore...which makes you feel terrible but that's what it is. You didn't make her be with a man, she did that on her own. The trust is not there, it's time to move on.