Good bye best friend..

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by deleted, Jul 27, 2014.

1. deleted

deleted Visitor

Today is the worse day Ive ever had. I lost my best friend of 10yr. My BooBoo /Siberian Husky .. He had been acting strange, doing odd things for a few weeks now. He would come back around and be fine. Last night there was a storm, he was outside. I couldnt get him in.. When I finally got him, his head was under a fence. He was ok and come in the house. He had some water but kept spilling it out. I took it off him for a few hours. I somehow feel very responsible for his death as I should of allowed him to have his water anyways. However Im told it wouldnt matter how much water I given him, he was troubled and soon to die.. Seems he had what they call twisted gut and nothing me or any amount of $$$ could fix. Even caught it time, they only have hours to live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XREv8fCgTLc&list=UUFKOz7YfYIWaSUxTA3f_4aw"]YouTube

Booboo was the greatest dog I ever had. Other than my first childhood dog. I rescued Booboo from the pound and nearly bounced checks just to get him out of there. I loved him so much from the very moment I laid eye on him. I knew he was to be my dog. He never ran away, but he had a large yard and was always after the groundhog.. In fact the very day before he died he still had his spurt of energy and took a groundhog with him. I shall bury them together, I think that is what he would want. :daisy:
    He kept us warm in the winter, he loved being snuggled and cuddled with and never was mean. Even yesterday when I was a little upset with him he wasnt mean or nippy. Im sorry good friend I didnt know you was sick.. He loved me very much and I know this. He was trying to run away so I wouldnt see him die. Ive had other huskies do the same. Im going to miss him terribly, he will be not to far from the pole in the video where he can chase the groundhogs for eternity.. . :love:

2 people like this.
  2. expanse

expanse Supporters HipForums Supporter

Orison319, I'm sorry to hear that. Losing a loyal, faithful friend is the worst. Dogs are the best friends.

1 person likes this.
  3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Im sorry man, that makes me sad reading about it :*(

1 person likes this.
  4. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Orison....sending my love your way. Boo was very beautiful.......

I am so sorry. :(

5. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so hard :(

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Damn it. I'm sure sorry to hear that, Orison. Love you, Bro.

7. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

:grouphug:

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thank you all kind friends. Im not dealing with it very well because I wasnt very nice to him yesterday, getting upset and hollering at him. I feel so bad right now. But Im beating myself up because my life has gotten busy with school and I leave him home from 8am to 2pm alone. He was probably heart broken. I am now too. Im going to miss him so much.. :(

im sorry the vid was set on private,, should be corrected now.

9. Aerianne

Animals are so much more forgiving of us than we are of ourselves.

Take it easy on yourself and take care of yourself.

That is what Boo Boo would want even more than to be buried with that ground hog.

10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Oh man....so sorry. :(

11. Aerianne

Orison, you were super kind and loving to Boo Boo.

You took him to the vet. You used your last money to have him humanely put out of his suffering. You honored his memory by bringing his remains home.

If dogs remember, that's what he will remember as your last acts of kindness and love toward him.

It doesn't matter that you scolded him when you didn't know he felt bad. You'd never have done that if you'd known he was sick.

If you and I argued here but then made up, neither of us would hold those cross words against the other. Dogs are way more cool than us.

It's okay. You're going to be okay before too long.

12. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

He's at the Rainbow Bridge now, looking forward to being with You again.

13. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The same thing happened to my German Shephard. He was jumping over a log and the next minute twisted gut. You never know what's going to happen. My heart goes out to you.

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thank you everyone., I know youre all pet owers just about and know how terrible it feels. I didnt feel this same way about my father. I suppose the suddenness of it all just took me.. But Ive been speaking about his odd behavior for a little while now..
    my experience with huskies didnt even help. I should of taken him to the vet weeks ago, but low and behold $$$ .. it took everything I had to get him help today and it just ended his life. They wouldnt lie to me about what could be done. Even though I would of been in debt to my inlaws. No amount of money would save him. It is just hard to believe that with science and all. But I wouldnt want him to suffer any longer again.

15. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

That's what the vet told us too. There was really nothing.

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

17. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So sorry orison :( he sounds like an awesome dog

18. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

:( Such a beautiful dog!

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

thank you, he was a beautiful dog.. everyone that seen him in person just fell in love with him. chick magnet.. ;)

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They do not understand the words you say
    or why you ever feel a certain way
    they see your eyes and feel your heart
    they knew you from the very start........

written for you, Orison, right now......:)