Destiny then. To have objective destiny...

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Anaximenes, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Is God necessary for the essential development of Destiny, the coming into being of destiny's pre-destination? A man makes his own destiny; the objectivity would not be available for All as of the life experience. A woman determined the destiny for that man, or vice-versa; just Sex. The definition of destiny being the becoming out of character the big-time business of human Beings, I guess, being Human.:sunny::(

2. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Dude, are you gonna keep spamming an atheist forum with hippie drivel? Just because you have some bongos, feathers, and bells and a band around your head, doesn't make god propaganda any less off topic in an atheist forum.

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

It's the technique for peace. Not that I agree for it all the time, it's just that not many people can think of war explanations with the salt of hope in justice understood for goodness.:sultan:

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

[​IMG]

5. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

That I meant was simply the atheism to the irreconcilable destinies of the distinct religions on the planet. All the religions are bottom religions pf Fear. The common God of the Muslim, Hebrew, Christianity, and Hinduism faith is Fear. For instance the Apocalypse is upon us Christians as upon the Buddhist Khmer Rouge. One group was in a sadistic way, the Christians are the Masochistic (Maasogynist) way, and the Hebrews are behaving of recent like animals.:biker:

6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The first thing you have to remember is that it makes no differance. What makes no difference? Nothing. And everything. We come and we go. We pick and we choose. Still makes no difference. Remember all those opinions from 100 years ago? I thought not. Will yours and mine be remembered one hundred years from now. Not likely. Blah-blah blah. Means nothing. Is humanity still as barbaric as 1000 years ago? 1,000,000 years ago? Makes no difference. Just like my opinion/observation. Means nothing. Have a nice day.

7. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Abstract nouns are fun

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Some monistic comment about how nothing comes from nothing for the pluralistic date with democracy. Oh well, I didn't know.:2thumbsup:

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

destiny , i believe , is given to a child by community . it will at some point
    along the way be revealed by the givers (the old ones) that this is a spiritual reality .
    the prophets , shamans , artists of the heart are nurtured with hopefullness . the hope
    is survival . troubling circumstances of a future have been forseen , and a warrior is sent
    forth to intersect with it .

you may as well think destiny may be 'of god' - else you will know nothing at all .

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this is an interesting perspective, but i don't believe in their being such a thing as 'destany'. to me that is a concept invented by story tellers to attract and keep an audience for stories of all kinds. some of which may have lessons to teach, though today, with money involved they more often don't.

most thiings can be 'forseen' simply by observing how things work and, statistically, what people, and other elements, DO.

and people can change what they do, change the collective statistic, and by doing so, change what will become.

i actually believe there are completely non-physical things, that have their own independent existence. i just happen to not believe the are any more 'purfect' then we are, nor that they are in any kind of war with each other, nor that they have very much to do with anything in our physical universe in which we live our daily lives.

i also don't believe we can or do know them in the sense that religious beliefs claim to.

11. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

destiny is surely just a relational concept . it's the bowl that holds
    the soup and the bowl can be shaped regular or irregular as you choose .
    the spoon though , is more important to practically define . no need
    to consider knowing the soup until that is accomplished , which may
    take most of a life-time even if you have earnest motivation .

we can get old and still don't know much , yet we have certainly
    lived the mystery .

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think creating a world everyone can enjoy is the thing, even if someone would always bitch about it. learning how to avoid causing harm is the moral imperative.

even these things are connected, just not predestined.