I just want to be myself, and be free.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by JustBeYou, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Spoken like someone who has never worked hard their entire life.. Take off slacker, you are talking out your ass just like the rest. I've done more years of "actual work" than you've been alive.

Those of you advising to ditch the kid, (Gypsy) deserve to be ditched yourself. Shame on you.

2. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

Why are you even here? Are you just one of those crusty old fucks that likes pooping in people's boots? hipforums has something to do with hippies, which have something to do with peace and open mindedness. I have not seen you post one positive or forward thinking idea on this forum. Why don't you "take off" if all of this ass talking is upsetting to you?

As a kid raised in a jacked up, broken environment where my parents constantly fought when they were together, and after the divorce, my mom struggled her ass off playing the debt slave game instead of being a Mom, I can say without a doubt that I would have been happier, better adjusted, and would have had a big headstart on life if my mom would have left his ass earlier and joined Oakland Morehouse or something similar. A kid with trapped, unhappy parents is going to have a way tougher time than a kid with two happy but separated parents. Duh...

3. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

There's an ignore feature here! Woot! If other users are sick of ol Gongshaman, just click on your username and ignore option's right there. So cool. Now my mellows won't be tard harshed anymore!

4. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Stressed out about what isn't not what is. Reality supports it's constituents. I want to live in nature is an abstraction as it is in our nature to live. Peace in your surroundings requires being at home where you are. Having said that I live close to the wild but in order to do that I had to tame my wanderlust with effort toward a desired aim.

1 person likes this.
  5. thedope

The grass is not greener over there yours just needs more fertilizer

1 person likes this.
  6. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Thats no mean feat! Believe me, I know. [​IMG]

7. thedope

yep To be able to exercise your will is freedom, feeling compelled or conflicted is not.

8. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Yeah, I have advice. Be a leader, create a lifestyle WITH your daughter and girlfriend .. instead of wanting to escape them, abandon them and run away. If you love the outdoors, y'all should have lots of outdoor cooking and eating, together, as a family. Build!

Go on exploration walks together, of the environment you're in. Consider biking together, as a family. Go on picnics, go camping for long weekends. Learn foraging, collect pine cones .. be artistically creative, make wreaths from things you find while exploring. Attend gardening expos and any other related, focused events. Become members of certain clubs. Search your city / town's community resources, network with other families.

It takes time to cultivate a lifestyle. It takes time, dedication, immersion. Bring LOTS of plants into the home. Fishtanks might help, too. Build birdhouses. Do whatever it takes but most important of all: INCLUDE your family members. They're your support. It's easy to fall in love with nature. The more they get a taste of it, the more they're going to want.

9. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

ya im sure you have im still young and you grew up in a different time, last summer alone i touched over 10,000 watermelons and 15,000 assorted plants unloading them from a semi trailer try working in a 110 degree weather with 30% percent humidity in the back of a trailer, every job ive had has either been landscaping wet/dry masonry, sod cutting, nursery work, trail rebuilding, etc the point is everything ive done ive done with my hands, im sure u have some 'calluses' from fingering that guitar but try swinging a pick or swingblade for a month and see how torn up your soft hand will get, get dirty for once instead of counting on other peoples goodwill throwing chump change in your case

1 person likes this.
  10. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

With your work ethic and my nerdness, we could build some COOL shit if you ever make it out this way! I've built trails down mountains with pickaxes, shovels and wheelbarrows that can be seen from space. Body's all worn out but my mind's trying to make up for it!

11. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Here's a pic. ;)

Attached Files: