I just want to be myself, and be free.

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by JustBeYou, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Hey, being a hobo for a while is kind of an interesting life,,,

Strange thing is I wanted to live that life most of my kid years, even before I did it. I think it was me saying I didn't need all the stuff and comforts I was given, I just needed freedom.

2. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Key words. And that ain't a life.

3. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

You mean it ain't a life time, in some cases but it is a life, style, all different from the rest. To live with no bills to pay, free basically off the land most likely, it's a life, just not the life you are living.
    Living a life of riches, a life of freedom, a life of stardom, a life of homelessness, really there are many ways to live your life. Many people want to be free at some point in their life and it's a real experience to drop all you have and head for where ever and start from basically nothing, like I did, some bucks was all I had. I left most of my stuff with my X to do what ever he wanted with it.
    I took some cloths and a few items and bought an old motorhome when I got here to live in a quiet shut down camp grounds for the winter and spent a year there, working little jobs for various amounts of cash till I got my feet firmly planted. I was nearly a bum but I did work for everything I got.
    I loved every minute of it even tho to some I might have looked homeless. I sure did enjoy using peoples showers tho, one thing I didn't like to go without. Good thing I was good at making friends fast. Coulda been a smelly experience. Haha.

4. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

next week I harvest the wheat field . i may eat the grain or sell it or trade it or give it away .
    this is my free market economy . i own it - and only because to be free and true is to become
    both blessed and respected .

you are grumpy .

5. Zoomy

Zoomy Member

All very cool stuff but the fact of the matter is this guy has a daughter. It's one thing to drop out and stay off the grid if you are urn encumbered and single but with a kid it is totally selfish and unfair to even consider. You might be cool with the sacrifices made in order to sustain your hobo lifestyle but your kid isn't in a position to make that decision. If you do it anyway and forget your kid you are just being a selfish prick.

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

that's why he might just go live in near-by tree (for example).

7. Zoomy

Zoomy Member

That's nice for the kid, to have a dad living in a tree...

8. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

I'd much rather my mom had moved us into a tree and taught us how to self sustain than left us at home alone in the ghetto to be raised by the streets and system while she slaved away for minimum wage.

Trees can make great homes. Open your mind. ;)

Pretty sure I already posted this somewhere but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj_id2DC2ZE

9. Gongshaman

Do you own the land, is it irrigated for free?
    At the market price of wheat, 8.35 per bushull, how much can you harvest, and hull per day? I'm going to presume you are doing it by hand, with a scythe, and threshing it by hand, because if you are using machienery, you have to account for the fuel, maintenance on the equipment, not to mention transportation to market, etc. If it's even true, at best it sounds kinda like having a labor intensive job that doesn't pay very well to me.

Your words may be feel good, but I dare say, you too are blowing smoke, dear sir.

10. Gongshaman

You need to close yours a little, your brain is falling out.

It's not legal to live in a tree unless you own the property the tree is on, not even on public land. If you get caught, they will make you remove your tree house and leave. Get caught a few more times and you'll face fines and possibly jail time.

11. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Yes sir officer. Thank you for caring about my freedom. ;)

12. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

What is your beef with people that don't want to be accessories to murder, don't respect unjust laws, and are experimenting with sustainable ways of living? How will a guy living in a tree harm your life?

How much does the government pay you to get online and be a dick? :bobby:

13. ywarpeace

ywarpeace Ye Old Soul

you cant own the land, you cant take it when you go, you merely use it till your time runs out...there's nothing wrong with living off scraps the whole meaning of scraps is discarded waste, and if you can take that waste and reuse it to your benefit then thats one less thing being shoveled into a hole were it will take 1000's of years to decompose...and you dont need money to irrigate to farm to, how did the mayans or the aztec or the incans do it they used the clay to build pipes honed branches as shovels etc and you dont even have to pay for fuel you can create alternatives like using the methane from cow pies etc. so @gongshaman you obviously havent worked hard enough to be Totally independant sure money and modern amenities are nice and make life easier but you dont have to break your back for shit money and when you do need money sure do the musical thing stand on a corner and play a guitar and hope someone drops some change in your case or you could go to a farmers market of field and work for a day and make 50-100 bucks doing actual work and get the money you need for food or whatnot... a truly self-sufficient lifestyle is not out of reach it just depends on how hard you want to work for it.

as per the original subject bro why not take your daughter along with you homeschool her as the stats suggest home schooled children tend not only to smarter but also learn quicker plus it would show her there are many ways of living and that you dont need a fancy phone or computer of even car for that matter to be happy, because isnt the whole goal in life is to achieve happiness and bliss, all i can say is ive been down the corporate road and i saw the evils the back stabbing, its not a world were id like to be instead i chose a life of bliss and peace were at the end of the day i have blisters on my hands and a sore back from actually accomplishing something but then again these are just my two cents take them for what its worth,

14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

fair trade , free trade . and then to subvert even that i give more than i consume . why ? because i can . i am allowed survival and ask for nothing . so i walk about with angels at my back , that is , i'm not likely to be following anyone - just inspirations . disappointments are not a burden .

1 person likes this.
  15. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Ok, cool. Then be yourself as best as you can, and fuck the world. It's your life bro. YOU live it to YOUR standards. Fuck everyone else. Only then can you truly be free in your spirit.

2 people like this.
  16. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i'm probably a heartless bitch as you all may agree....
    i feel really bad especially for people in this position with kids, and i kinda wanna say.... run away, leave anyway. don't regret your life, don't hold back for anyone, because it's the only life you have.
    maybe communicate to the kid, i'm going on a journey because i have to. but that doesn't mean i love you any less. but daddy has to do this.

1 person likes this.
  17. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

have you some lame excuse for not taking that journey to the rainbow gathering ? it could likely
    be in Oregon year after next which may be easier for you , like sailing into Brookings Harbor ,
    like in good time sweetie . time time . and bless all the children .

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

couldn't get a ride, couldn't get time off work, and didn't have transportation money.

19. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

we played a song for you .

20. +-Freedom-+

+-Freedom-+ Member

I really enjoyed reading this post.

1 person likes this.