Extreme heat w opiate withdrawal...and use

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by genevabee, Jul 21, 2014.

1. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Most people complain of getting ”bone chilling cold” with opiate withdrawal. Well I get EXTREMELY hot. The interesting thing is I take Tramadol to keep withdrawals at bay. But while on Tramadol, I still feel constantly in an unbearably high fever. I stand in front of the open fridge + freezer doors, I blast my AC. I am too hot to even move! ; ( And I still sweat alot.. Anyone else have thisbeing in a constant state of extreme hat and yucky sweating problem? What does one do?? ; (
    Oh and do you get a little heated and sweaty while ON opiates? Difference is, its a pleasurable hot!

2. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Sorry for the typos! Im using my phone

3. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I get kind of a warm glowy feeling from Hydrocodone, and it's very pleasant. As for wd's, I've only been through full withdrawal a few times, and yeah, it included sensitivity to heat and cold. But mostly it felt like I'd been run over by a truck. I also use Tramadol to get through the times when my script runs out early, and it works very well. I usually take 250-350mg per day. You might want to up the dosage of Tramadol and see if that helps. Just don't go over 400mg per day, because there's a risk of seizures at high doses.

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yes.... when on opiates I'd always be warm. But pleasantly so.... meaning it never bothered me because, well, nothing bothered me. (except headaches... one thing opiates can't and don't touch.)

W/D's.... yea, that's the worst. Although yea I'd get chills/pins and needles I'd always be sweating hot- just clammy skin and hot flash type things. That's the worst.

5. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

broken record

acupuncture and chinese herbal medicine might help you with this

so from the tcm perspective, you likely have yin deficiency

quitting opiates is the most effective first step to solving the problem. without that, any other advice would be useless.

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

I wonder how common it is for people who have used to kick the habit and have pretty much normal lives

how long did you use opiates, if you don't mind my asking?

7. BottleFED

BottleFED Member

I was always a fairly hefty fella (read over weight) and for most of my adulthood I always had the temp in the house low to mid 60's or even window's open with outside temps in the 20's and 30's. On Opiates I dropped 52lbs and suddenly I was always cold, lol. Never noticed a temp change during the handful of full WD's I went through but the SSS(shits/shakes/sayonara) Syndrome was prevalent pretty much every time.

8. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Tough question about how long simply because I don't really count all the years where just here and there-recreational, never daily or even weekly I took fairly weak opiate pills. That was a while but let's see... once I "upgraded" to heroin... that round lasted almost a year. (but not using A LOT per day but still it was daily).... second time around used A LOT of bags per day, every day for about 7 months... third time around was a lot of bags for about four months .... after each time around I got on methadone and/or suboxone- for a total time on methadone and/or subs being something like 3-3.5 years
    So grand total of time daily w street dope-not quite two years.
    Total time when you INCLUDE subs and methadone 5-5.5 years.

And I do lead a pretty normal life... don't think about those things TOO OFTEN. BUT I am always in a super weak spot .... meaning that the craving never really goes away and I know it can (and has) come back at any time ...and all that has to happen is for me to all the sudden, without wanting to, just ... be around it-have it in my face one day and BOOM....hard work gone.

And some people leave it forever... some people ....well I know MANY sad stories about people (including family members and very close friends of mine, including a D&A counselor I once had) who had 5, 10, 15 years away clean and used again and some of them died via o.d.- some of them did not because they were found but I know A LOT of sad stories like that. It's really sad really how it can just come back like that...esp w all the heroin use in this day and age (how it's such an epidemic right now).

I think most people can live normal lives if they stay away from it. And I strongly believe that anyone who even USED to be an active addict should be able to keep narcan around in case of a relapse...

9. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Well I DO take tramadol for withdrawals..but I still get yucky sweaty hot. But I mean REALLY HOT! ; ( miserable I cant even sleep hot. And you know what is funny Bottlefed...Im skinny (well sorta, 130 pds) and I get this dam sweaty hot. Usually people w weight get overheated well I get more overheated than they do. I mean Im constantly in a fever ; (

10. genevabee

genevabee Guest

...oh and the sweats. Ugh God yuckkk! I ruined my matress n now have to buy a new one =/ misery misery..

11. genevabee

genevabee Guest

Im so goddam HOT right now I feel like Im gonna faint and I cant stop crying my boyfriend is yelling at me about how we dont have enough sex and yelling at me BC Im an addict. Iv suffered through some childhood abuse and this is far worse. I cant be the only one who gets these high fevers...? Iv taken 400 Mg of tramadol already. Damn guys, this is hell on earth ; (

12. genevabee

genevabee Guest

I mean how can I have sex when im this fucking hot

13. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Well, I've had some hot, sweaty sex that was awesome. But personally, the times I've had wd's I did have some sensitivity to heat and cold, but it wasn't as extreme as yours sounds. The only advice I could give would be to take a lot of cold showers and wait for the wd's to be over.