Colorado Gathering Violence

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by stormountainman, Jul 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

yeah, shooting at people, guns in the kid's village, not cool. these kids are growing up seeing the truth though; a peaceful gathering of loved ones, and cops come with guns and hurt people.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

NO, NO, NO....
    those kids are not seeing "the truth",
    those kids saw the actions of a few idiots in uniform.

Why is it OK for you or others to disparage a whole group based on the actions of a few, yet if I or someone else does the same in your direction we are labeled all sorts of negative things, as stormmountain has done in this thread repeatedly.

double standards I guess.

KNOW THYSELF

3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I notice you guys preach love and acceptance, but you sure do a good job of setting up a hostile dichotomy in your minds.

do you not realize that maybe YOUR attitudes towards those outside of Rainbow is 50% of the problem??????

it takes two to tango ;)

4. Driftwood Gypsy

because said group carries guns, pepperspray, mace, tazers, and batons. because said group oppresses others and has the legal and judicial power to do so. because Rainbows don't taze, shoot, spray, arrest, assault, tackle, restrain. because you don't look in your rearview mirror and see red and blue lights and go, oh yay! the cops are gonna be my friend.

5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:rolleyes:

why do I bother

6. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

I just now heard about this. It sounds like a very tragic sad thing.

So then, why is this NoxiousGas guy using such a tragedy to play a game of baiting people into arguments just to get himself a thrill? Sad. Page after page. On and on.

It's just to bad that the short haired straight guy couldn't just chill out and enjoy. Now he's going to prison and the other 3 are in the hospital. That's very sad. And they all just went there just to have some fun.

7. Driftwood Gypsy

if he acted out violently, he probably wasn't much of a rainbow to begin with. and now, it gives rainbows a bad name and people can attack and naysay.

8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I agree with Sappho and Scorpio,

Noxiousgas is just going on and on about some twisted idea in his own mind concerning the character of Rainbow people. I like Rainbow people just fine and they are welcome to camp in northern Colorado anytime they wish. :daisy:

9. stormountainman

Where I come from we say guys like him are just hard up for entertainment. :daisy:

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

See, I gave you peace loving Hippies someone new to hate.

Your Welcome. :D

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

12. stormountainman

Specifically a government troll. I already said he sounded like a cop, and a right wing Republican one at that. When I went to college, my prof always said you'll spot the Republican law enforcement type easily, because Republicans don't want anyone to have fun. I had him pegged from the Git-go.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Not sure I would jump to that conclusion, but he was trolling the thread.

14. stormountainman

Now the Sheriff is saying that there were two guys who got into a fight, one with a knife and the other with an axe. The Sheriff-his name is Justin Smith and he is a total jerk-is saying that these two guys are "members" of the Rainbow Family. We all know that there is no such thing. There is no membership. They just crashed the party. They obviously had not interest in peace or harmony on earth. These two values are paramount to Rainbow people.

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Actually no, Tyrson.
    I came in like anyone else, out of curiosity.
    then was met with Storm's stereotyping of those "on the other side", which naive' stereotypes he has perpetuated throughout the thread.

If you go back and actually read what I have communicated here, I was always talking about the IMPRESSION those outside of the group take away from these gatherings and that it isn't always positive and that is something they also need to consider. But I guess it is easier and requires less self reflection and personal responsibility to just throw out blanket stereotypes and play the woeful victim.

In the video I was rather impressed with the operation.

Then when Sappho came back with her comments about "what those kids are learning" I had to shine a light on the hypocritical nature of her comments.
    Those kids will either learn that all those in uniform are the "enemy" or they will learn that they were just human like the rest of us and prone to act rashly and make mistakes, all dependent on the adults in the kids lives and what they teach them.

and now we see how Mountain is perfectly exemplifying my point.
    Rather than actually taking into consideration what I brought up concerning APPEARANCES, he has decided that I am the "enemy" and has proceeded to affix all sorts of ludicrous labels to me, all of which are "enemy", none of which have any basis in reality or even come close to identifying/categorizing me, which I believe you understand Ty, as we have communicated here and there over the years.

It is the naive' bigotry and hypocrisy exhibited by mountain and sappho that I take issue with, not anything else, which I believe my communications in this thread show.

Reminds me of how recently Hotwater claims not to be racists, because he is black. :rolleyes:

For a group that advocates love, acceptance and peace, I don't think I would want the likes of mountain or sappho speaking for the group, because they obviously don't understand the the core tenants of the Rainbows.

Hypocrites and assholes come in all colors of the rainbow, even tye-die and paisley. Maybe mountain and sappho can take something positive away from this in way of self reflection, I know I have.

I do again offers my condolences to those impacted by this event in Colorado and apologies to kenny for derailing the thread and taking focus of the important issue, which is the people hurt and missing.
    :daisy:

I won't disrupt it any further.

16. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well spoken Nox'... :2thumbsup:

17. stormountainman

Dear God! Now they bring guns to Rainbow Family Gatherings. How Republican!

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

considering Ranger is one of the founders of Rainbow, you may want to reconsider....

just sayin'

19. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and any word on Autumn?

20. stormountainman

He says he was a founding member. I don't buy it. The Rainbow People are kind, peaceful, loving people. They don't advertise with weapons. Moreover, Poli Sci is my field and I say there are two kinds of Americans. Republicans and normal people. The Republicans don't think anyone other than whites should vote. They think there should be poll taxes and other obstructions during elections. They think we should go back to the original text of the constitution where black people were considered three fifths of a human being. They think the second amendment gives them the right to intimidate other Americans, especially during a verbal disagreement. They think workers should have no rights, and no worker compensation insurance. They think old folks should freeze to death on the sidewalks. They think children should not have a lunch at school. They think women should be subjects, not citizens who can decide what to do with their own bodies. Now NG all that speaks about the character of those opposed to the Rainbow Family. The Rainbow people disagree with all these characteristics found in the Republicans who hate. The Rainbow people find these hateful values repugnant. Now, you and Ranger are welcome to the next gathering, as long as you leave your guns and other tools of intimidation at home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.