Ask to do a research study to give me...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by bravoninja, Jul 15, 2014.

1. bravoninja

bravoninja Guest

Soo I been ask to do a research study that they pay me $500 to give me gonorrhea for 5 days. That's easy money but nervous about them giving me gonorrhea. Any of y'all had any experience with having it.

2. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

No experience with gonorrhea but $500? Easy money? I wouldn't do it for $5000!

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

who's the lucky guy that gives it to you?

1 person likes this.
  4. Annwyn'Bri

Annwyn'Bri Member

Are you crazy? Do you realize that gonorrhea could affect you for the rest of your life? Five days? Who is telling you this? It can take weeks or even months and lots of medical intervention to cure gonorrhea. There are much easier ways to make 500 bucks than that.

5. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

How much do they give you for syphillis?

6. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Gonorrhea is easily curable with some medication. But you get symptoms on day 2 (normally) and they get worse as the days go by. You will be very frustrated by day 5. But it can also take up to 2 weeks for all symptoms to clear.

I would not do it for $500.

7. secret_thinker

secret_thinker Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

You would hope you didn't get an antibiotic resistant strain of said easily curable disease.

1 person likes this.
  8. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Even those can be cured, just takes longer and more medication.

9. bravoninja

bravoninja Guest

Thanks for y'all opinions. I'm guessing that some of y'all have never heard of research studies that hospitals do. But I don't think I will do it. Just wanted other peoples opinions.

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Antibiotic resistant bacteria (coming from someone who used to be colonized with MRSA but who had my 3 neg. tests after a period of dedicated decolonization measures...) can USUALLY be treated but sometimes... and esp with certain types of resistant bacteria and esp w people w weakened immune systems, the elderly, etc... the bacteria is too resistant even to the antibiotics that usually work. Sometimes it just doesn't respond at all, keeps coming back, etc. --- and people do die.

Also some people (myself) have antibiotic allergies.... which makes antibiotic resistant bacteria even more scary....

I think that's crazy that hospitals do that. Can't they find... for the example of gonorrhea... enough people who already have it to study those people and the treatments given to those people?

Matter of fact, the ethics of this particular study are bothering me for some reason.... and the legality.

11. morrow

morrow Visitor

You would have to be mad...too many complications with both the illness its self, and the treatment.
    Glad your not doing it!

Safe sex always is the best way.

12. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLRlbsBJhio"]Seinfeld: Kramer - Gonorrhea! [HQ] - YouTube

13. LM2014

LM2014 Member

It would be ILLEGAL and UNETHICAL to INFECT someone. This cannot be a legitimate hospital or research facility, at least not in the US.

A legitimate research facility would find patients and give them a medicine to cure them, not purposely infect them. The OP is either a troll or ignorant and will be taken advantage of.

I can't believe someone would think this is real. Who in their right mind would agree to be infected with a disease? Does she really think that IF she is given a check that it would be real?

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

no its legit, they are giving $50,000 for giving hiv for a month.

1 person likes this.
  15. morrow

morrow Visitor

But you cant cure HIV, only treat it? I watched a program about that only today...

16. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

So did you already do the study? Wouldn't it make sense to use people that were already infected instead of infecting someone?

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

the best way to earn $500?

1 person likes this.
  18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

makes me think of when the gave a bunch of black men syphilis in the '20's just to see how the disease progressed.
    At least this time you know they dosed you and are getting paid, but I still wouldn't do it.

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Awesome troll thread

1 person likes this.
  20. bravoninja

bravoninja Guest

No i not do the research study and it is a real hospital and a pretty know one also. I couldn't mentally get thru my head that I would have gotten an std on purpose even if there is a cure.
    Plus it would of been on my bday soo I wanted my bday head and sex. Lol [emoji12]