Anybody Else Notice This?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Colimon, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

I used to be pretty heavy into opiates, now I'm only an occasional dabbler and even more recently I've been pretty turned off by them. One of the reasons is that if I use it for a couple of days in a row even, it's almost like a full out attack on my immune system. I start to get pale and get strange acne breaks outs as the first phase, them the second phase I seem to be really susceptible to colds/bugs/sickness. I never recall my body reacting so volatile to opiates. Anybody else experience this?

2. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

You said you used to be a heavy user, so it's probably not an allergic reaction. You didn't say what you're using now. If it's not pills but something you inject or snort, it might be a reaction to whatever it's been cut with. But I don't know. My advice would be to just stop completely and get a medical checkup, and be honest with the doctor about the opiates.

3. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea.....what he said. I was gonna ask you what you are doing?Like what specifically.

Also... I don't know.... do you just totally neglect yourself now when ever you use opiates? You know... not eat, no take vitamins (if you usually do), not sleep, become super lazy and not wash your hands in public bathrooms, etc.--- (just general things of neglect)??

4. Colimon

Colimon Cheesus Christo

Ah those are some good questions. Mostly pharms like hydromorphone, morphine and sometimes fentanyl. I didn't much care for the quality of street opiates I could get around here. I don't think I neglect myself/get lazy with self care either, it doesn't necessarily effect my daily routine, as I don't even use that much. It just feels like my body starts going "Fuck everything!" real quickly and I never remember me getting into a "state" like that so fast. Good advice though, perhaps checking if I'm medically sound before my next scheduled appointment a while from now wouldn't hurt, not to mention just cutting off the opiate use.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Yea I don't know. Nothing like that ever happened with me. The only thing that changed was I used to be able to sleep on opiates....and then the last time around when I had been using opiates (anything w strength) all the sudden I would be up all night. Just totally unable to sleep and then....wake up mad early. That didn't happen to me for the longest time ever and then all the sudden, it was like that every time. Actually w that I'm pretty sure I googled it and there is something called "opiate induced insomnia"... in any case, being that that didn't happen to me ever before in the past, I'm thinking, although what you mentioned is different... maybe both just go to show that our bodies can start to handle (the same) things differently with time...

6. murgatroid

murgatroid Member

I can't say for sure since correlation =/= causation but I seemed to notice I'd get colds and chronic sore throats during periods of binging. I also noticed that at some point the acne on my back had completely disappeared and now it seems to be back in full effect. haha.

7. genevabee

genevabee Guest

When I do opiates for some reason I feel so healthy. I spend extra time taking care of myself. But when im withdrawing and depressed I go backwards on the personal care thing like x's 1000. I just get so sick, feel so weak and tired to brush my damn teeth. And the constant sweating makes me feel dirty and I break out more =/

8. happydude_60

I've had insomnia before with Hydrocodone. In addition to pain control it gives me a lot more energy to get around and do things, and if I dose too close to when I go to bed it takes a while for me to shut down and go to sleep. I haven't had that happen with other opiates, just Hydrocodone. It has kind of a speedy effect.

9. happydude_60

I can't see any replies on any topic. What's going on? The only replies I see are my own.

10. happydude_60

This is a mess. How are you supposed to use this?

11. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

Never noticed this with hydrocodone, you are and have been on a certain daily dose for a while though haven't you? Only been prescribed it twice myself

12. polishman

polishman Member

I have had insominia after injecting heroin. It depends, sometimes I nod off, sometimes I don't. I used to get high a lot, and there was a point where I was banging black tar about 9 days in a row. My tolerance got too high and I didn't enjoy it anymore. I don't like using a lot of opiates, it's about once a month or two months. I am pretty busy working, but I like having a low tolerance for when I do get high. I got an 8-ball of some bunk ass coke and it wasn't even worth injecting. I shot up the whole 8-ball in the course of a couple of hours and it didn't even get me that high. It was really cut and I had to use lime juice and it wasn't even crack to begin with. I'm just not as into drugs as much any more, and I'm okay with that. It gets old after a while.

13. happydude_60

I have an idea about this, but maybe it's nothing. These are powerful drugs you're taking, and it puts an extra workload on your system when you take them. Your liver and kidneys have to process and eliminate this stuff, and this extra workload could be putting your system over the "tipping point". You know what I mean? There could be some sort of pre-existing problem that is being aggravated by your drug use. It's something to think about.