Random Facts...XLVII

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by GLENGLEN, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sometimes I think I should just get off the internet altogether, like my mom told me to do when she was alive, but I like to write and talk topeople and it can get pretty lonely over here sometimes, and a forum is a social party for me......gathering.....so I TRY to concentrate on the positive..... :)...not always easy to do.

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

set PM messages to friends only..

3. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

yeah that is gross. I have some cleavage shots in my gallery but that's it

4. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I bought a two headed quarter from a magic shop several years ago for around 15 bucks.

Now I can't find it. I'm hoping I didn't spend it by mistake, and it just ended up in my change bowl while I was cleaning one day.

My change bowl is about a gallon sized, so now I have some extra work ahead of me before cashing in my change, yay.

5. Moonglow181

I am sad, as there is the usual team of 7 big adult turkeys wandering through the front of my vision outside of this window right now. I love wild turkeys and am always happy to see them, but where are all of the little ones that were following them less than a month ago?...about 12 of them? :(

and then when hunting season starts in the fall here, I don't see any turkeys again for a long while....Yes, this kind of stuff makes me sad....:(

6. Moonglow181

12 baby wild turkeys must have been a nice feast for the coyotes around here. It is so sad....as I saw them happily running after and before their elders quite a few times.....their zest for life filled my heart......so I am still crying here, and it helped to talk about it, so thanks for listening....

On a happier note...Turkey Hill had a sale on their ice cream this week....2 for $5.00, and I picked pistachio which is very good....but I discovered one ice cream this time by them that is out of this world called Southern Lemon Pie....tangy lemon ice cream swirled with whipped marshmellow and shortbread pieces....Talk about a Mercedes benz for desserts....I never had lemon creamy ice cream beforee...only the sherbets and ices...This ice cream beats all.....Have you ever tried this ice cream?

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

The baby turkeys here are just about as big as the adults by now...

1 person likes this.
  8. Moonglow181

TY, in one month? Could they have found their own territories other than here? I hope so!

9. Tyrsonswood

They were chicks back in June or there abouts... They need to be pretty much full grown before winter hits.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

They grow pretty quick they would look full grown unless you saw them next to an actual full grown turkey.....kind of like teenager are when it comes to humans.

11. Tyrsonswood

Yeah... I could still tell they were smaller than "mom" but not by much.

12. Moonglow181

Ok, thanks, I just hope some of them made it, if not all.....but that is nature....sometimes, unfortuneately....

13. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Indeed nature can be merciless sometimes.

14. Moonglow181

15. Moonglow181

ever see a baby wild turkey running...flapping their wings that look very stubbed at that age...they are so darn adorable.....

16. Moonglow181

The big ones walk with purpose, high stepping as they go, and always on the lookout, grazing on something in the grasses as they go.....

17. morrow

morrow Visitor

Men Are Just Happier People --

What do you expect from such simple creatures?Your last name stays put. The garage is all

yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never

be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water

park. Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to

another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think

of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Same work, more pay. Wrinkles add character.

Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.

New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time. Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.

Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Two pairs of shoes are more than enough.. You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color.. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife. You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives On December 24 in 25 minutes. No wonder men are happier.

NICKNAMES

· If Laura, Kate and Sarah go out for lunch, they will call each other Laura, Kate and Sarah.

· If Mike, Dave and John go out, they will affectionately refer to each other as Fat Boy, Bubba and Wildman.

EATING OUT

When the bill arrives, Mike, Dave and John will each throw in $20, even though it's only for $32.50.

None of them will have anything smaller and none will actually admit they want change back.

When the girls get their bill, out come the pocket calculators.

MONEY

A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.

A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need but it's on sale.

BATHROOMS

A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel.

The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A man would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

ARGUMENTS

A woman has the last word in any argument.

Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

FUTURE

A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.

A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.

MARRIAGE

A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.

A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, but she does.

DRESSING UP

A woman will dress up to go shopping, water the plants, empty the trash, answer the phone, read a book, and get the mail.

A man will dress up for weddings and funerals.

NATURAL

Men wake up as good-looking as they went to bed.

Women somehow deteriorate during the night.

OFFSPRING

Ah, children. A woman knows all about her children. She knows about dentist appointments and

romances, best friends, favorite foods, secret fears and hopes and dreams.

A man is vaguely aware of some short people living in the house.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

1 person likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Now I understand why my life is a party.

19. countrygirl

countrygirl Senior Member

My two oldest grandkids are spending the night...

20. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Bossman brought us all pizza for having a good inspection....i just ate before i came to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.