Easy logic proves you are of Spirit.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by hickey, Jun 24, 2014.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't know about proving, but being of spirit doesn't require a hierarchy of spiritual beings. and it most especially does not require what any belief claims to, nor any one believes they, know about them. and it certainly doesn't require an all powerful being to be at war with anything, nor for there to be anything for it to be at war with.

don't see where op gets from void to it. no proofs there. just a sequence of renamings. all the names being of our own origen to begin with.

nothing wrong with there being all sorts of neat fun invisible things.
    just that everything we come up with about them, is ourselves doing so.

2. hickey

hickey Member

(worse than phoney concepts - images of idealism)
    All is 'It' (Omega) when Nothing is Everything. No comparisons. No flaws.

Nothing/void/absence of...all just concepts that can be as empty or full as the consciousness holding it.....but our learning the nature requires words. Why can't that which is cleanest, most perfect and impermeable (that is 'nothing') be considered 'spirit'?

^ its One
    *its everywhere
    *impermeable
    *unblemished
    *incorruptible

..a black hole, like our hearts, the empty part, the polarity of something////??
    Just thoughts. not saying anything is true, except:

No Proof: to play God and answer prayers, simply say 'no'.

"just a sequence of renamings." Nothing exists as name, but the nature of understanding consists of a hierarchy of distinguishable spaces; Cosmic, Universal down to Elementary and Grammatical.

Know definitions - and the words of 'impermeable' Spirit.
    (Love = Nothing, All, Spirit, Truth, Being, Void. Self-Suffer,... i.g.)

Evolving and revolving, it seems.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

even the concept of hierarchy, is a construction of our own minds.

while it is true that leadership roles can be observed among the communities of some species in nature, this is not a uniform, consistent, nor dominant pattern, and thus, not one to expect of what is beyond our knowledge either.

4. hickey

hickey Member

A conception is not without merit; words like 'a claybrick' is true in form and spirit. All evidence shows that when truth consistently repeats itself, you can trust it.
    A word like 'hierarchy' is accepted to be of meaningful use and is a true concept in that it has been tested empirically against that which is in nature.

In conclusion; I don't know, but, just because I will not make a case for truth (those that do are usually a-holes, politicians, 'men of god', ect) this in no way bars one from practicing fairness.

Truth over-rated - fairness under utilized.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

o k. i certainly won't argue against that. i think when people try to use words to describe truth, the reality of it 'gets lost in the translation'.

truth is something that is there when you look at a rock or a tree or even an artifact of technology. but when we look at a bunch of words, you know, whatever images they form in our mind, we're still just looking at a bunch of words.

that's all i can say is a bunch of words. that's all anyone can say is a bunch of words.

its more then fairness though. fairness implies debt and all kinds of things, and what really matters is consideration.
    i mean yes, it IS up to us to avoid creating unfairness. but consideration goes beyond that.
    consideration is about what kind of a world do we want to live in.
    this life, any life. conditions are created statistically and we, all of us, participate in creating that statistic.

i don't mean consideration for ego, greed, aggressiveness. those are the things that cause harm. regardless of belief. regardless of whatever god or gods or anything else might also happen to exist.

those are the things we need to discipline/condition ourselves to avoid. whatever else is there. whatever else we believe or don't believe.

need that is, if we don't want to live in a world that is constantly stabbing us in the back.
    there's always some kind of trade off. maybe some people want to live in the most messed up kind of world they can think of.
    maybe they think life would be too dull otherwise.
    i don't understand half of how some people think about things like that.

but i know what kind of world i would like to live in, and all each of us can do about it, is try to live accordingly.

6. hickey

hickey Member

"but i know what kind of world i would like to live in"
    Me too, this one. It is perfect despite what some may hold as an opinion towards others.

"and all each of us can do about it, is"
    Nothing required in one's life but the living of it, All of us are beings and nothing needs to be done about that (the ones that think they do usually create unforeseen obstacles for others to have to work around.

"try to live accordingly".
    Indeed, that is the practice and (faith) possibly why we are here in the first place....to learn how to live true to spirit.

Spirit just a word, Yes true, but in conceiving of the conception of that word 'spirit' (that which affords us our lives and the nature we find ourselves in...call it god, cosmic truth or nothing.....the name does not matter....but in the meaning we recognize that which we know to be true) we invoke that truth which is both apart from us and the same.
    Spirit is the truth for all, cause/effect/ (hope) reconciliation.

@Themnax: I don't expect you to believe me, but based upon what you wrote, I highly suspect you of being like me; a Spirit.
    I believe you have the class to sit well with that.....since I don't see any reason why it would not be in 'accordance'.

Fairness to me means affording for oneself obligates one to make allowances for those who can't. In that spirit.
    Thanks for your generous responses. A benefit. What is obvious is the oblivion we live in, thus spirit exits to void empty space.
    We obviously love it we suffer so much for it, life that is. Easy to you.
    Peace to all.

P.S., don't forget to have fun while your at it. Who can argue with that being the true spirit? (those whose fun infringes upon)
    ...so I say practice fairness, truth should be objective but we approach it subjectively, forget money you can when you get it, fairness makes the moment priceless and brings higher awards....those interests of its principle; in nature.

My best guess but I would not bet on it.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

such supposed proofs belong largely to the realm of fantasy, and are no more then games played with words.
    i happen to believe our essential true selves are indeed of the realm of the nonphysical.
    but claims as to knowledge of the nature of this realm are at best speculative.

8. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Actually to that surrealistic logic, we never, each one of us, should be going to the grave to be eaten by maggots and worms. Of course there are a load of others by otherness in Hell. :D

9. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

The proportions of anything in part are indefinite which makes our communications definitely ideal as the mind is naturally abstract.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

our dead remains are not us, that is why they are called remains. hell is the dark fantasy of what youi don't know. the 'logic' that is sureal is to call words reality. that is calling a picture of a cat, a cat.

11. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I disagree; surreal logic is part of the reality with the logic being infinitely detachable for relativity's sake. The there is objective deduction on the 'other' side which is never anything but delusion.

12. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

nothing .. is really undefined .. kinda like dividing by zero

13. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

The future is definitely undefined.

Truth is in the eye of the beholder. There are no absolutes.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Facts are often absolutes. Truth(s) is/are based on facts and is indeed in the eye of the beholder so often subjective.

15. thedope

Is shared being a fact or a truth or a subjective awareness?

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Depends on the fact and how you share that fact. If you share it in a way that the other can experience it directly as well you have shared the fact. We can not always share facts directly. Sometimes we can only share our experience of that fact.

17. thedope

It is not surreal to say that words are real. Every word in it's inception is based on an embodied conjugation and so represents a visceral level of communication in transcendent fashion. We can talk about cats and manipulate symbolic images of cats without a cat being present. Words or symbols if even in the form of gestures are needed as the mind is naturally abstract. The abstract mind communicates with structural reality through a process of thoughts words and deeds. A machine is a tool containing one or more parts that uses energy to perform an intended action. The body is a communication device or a biofeedback machine that accounts for our communications.

18. thedope

Is being a fact or a truth and is it shared in fact or truthfully?

19. thedope

What is real cannot be caused to be unreal and what is not real does not exist, absolutely. The past is living tissue in the form of memory. The future is living tissue in the form of mental projection based on memory. These things are not discrete moments in time that can be revisited but running counts backstopped by conception. Perception is in the eye of the perceiver Perception is not knowledge yet can lead to it. You are truly real.

20. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yes it can. Truth or reality - and even fact - is a personal belief. Some beliefs are widely "shared" or "agreed on" but that doesn't mean I can't believe differently. If you say it's red and I say it's green who's right?

Does that mean the future is defined? Destiny calls?

Perception equals knowledge. Millions of religious people, conspiracy theorists, and politicians are proof of that.