The eternity of the Soul and the body's finite existence.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Anaximenes, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Your body isnt a physical entity. It isnt like a rock which is always composed of the same atoms. The living organism is constantly intaking and expelling atoms. A livimg organism is a pattern of cell(s) which is not physically the same from one moment to the next like a rock

2. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Maybe yes? maybe no? The laws of Nature decide for the scientist. The psychology of being identified/identifying determine some law of nature, an understanding of Law? A sorry state.:daisy:

3. TooReal

TooReal Banned

A lot of hype has been going D-Wave’s way in the past decade or so. The company is considered by many the leading quantum computing company in the world, boasting clients such as Lockheed Martin or Google. Before munching up on the hype, though, it’s important to understand that to this day no one has been able to build a practical, working quantum computer. Still, in a recent interview with the Washington Post, D-Wave’s vice president of processor development, Jeremy Hilton, stated the company has a 1000 qubit processor in the lab, which they plan on releasing in 2014.
    “An important element of D-Wave’s technology is our roadmap. We’re continuously improving and building bigger processors. Recently we released a 512 qubit processor. If we look at the performance roadmap of that hardware, where performance in solving these problems relative to the state of the art, we saw that between that 128 qubit and 512 qubit, a 300,000x improvement in performance. That kind of performance gain is really unprecedented.
    With that 512 qubit processor, it was able to meet and match the state of the art in classical algorithms and computers. It’s very exciting that we had achieved that. So when we look at that we say we continue to make these things bigger and more powerful.
    Right now, we have a 1000 qubit processor in our lab. We plan to release it later in 2014. The major thing that’s changing aside from some of the design details is the scale of the problem you can represent, going from a 500-variable graph to a 1000-variable graph. Complexity of that is growing tremendously. [It leads to an] unimaginable exponential blowup of the number of solutions. That scale of problems is getting that much harder for classical algorithms to solve.
    [After that] we’re planning to release a 2000-bit processor design. That’s pushing into a scale of territory where we’re tackling problems that are very difficult for people to solve [with conventional methods]. The community is working on getting a few qubits to work at the scale they’re trying to work at.
    We’re at a point where we see that our current product is matching the performance of state-of-the-art classical computers. Over the next few years, we should surpass them. The ideal is to get into a space that is fundamentally intractable with classical machines. In the short term all we focus on is showing some scaling advantage and being able to pull away from that classical state of the art.
    Read more at http://www.zmescience.com/research/...it-quantum-computer-2014/#GQE8l436mfx0vLvu.99

LINK....http://www.zmescience.com/research/...ase-1000-qubit-quantum-computer-2014/#!bnGnc9

IBM and the NSA are whispered to already be running 1000 Quibit Systems and IBM with NSA Funding has already designed and is building a 100,000 Quibit Quantum Computer.

TooReal

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Tootrue, do you mean the laws of software (like some sort of Math.) will soon enough be introducing the architecture and laws of the hardware (some sort of particularized physics), and, praise the Lord, physical reality will be strictly deduced. By analogy the whole universe shall be re-discovered by the method of discrete spatial quantities logically filing out cells throughout Space.

5. TooReal

TooReal Banned

It is a fact that any living organism must eat...take in O2 or CO2..etc...and needs H20....and via Mitosis all the cells in an organism except the Brain Cells as they do not replace each other....are made from such things but upon the Quantum Level....the Quarks, Gluons, Higgs=Bosons...etc....are no different from the ones existing in all Hadrons within a rock.

TooReal

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

All of those things are evident in this universe.
    Define multiverse. A more accurate term in my view is meta-universe. Multiverse or meta-universe is the hypothetical set of infinite or finite possibilities that together comprise everything that exists: the entirety of space, time, matter, and energy as well as the physical laws and constants that describe them. Academic can be of education or scholarship or not of practical relevance; of only theoretical interest. A theologian can be an academic.
    What supposedly separates one universe from another?

7. thedope

So in life through the work of probability there becomes a self referential feedback loop and at the same time space is accelerating. The body is mineral, the mind naturally abstract, bringing back the subject of the eternity of the soul and the body's finite existence.

8. thedope

Again how do you know what clues I have or not? You are having a hard time understanding my posts not the other way around. I understand you just fine. Your assessment of what I may know or not is affecting the quality of your perception. If you knew why are you proposing to test me with definitions so you can know how to proceed with me?

What one specific thing and why just one thing if that is what you meant?

A coherent body of matter
    Perturbation in space time associated with mass.

any model that combines space and time into a single interwoven continuum.

Depends on the masses of the two bodies, and the distance between the bodies' centers . There is a direct proportion between mass and gravitational force. If you double the mass of one body, the gravitational force between them is also doubled. The gravitational force is inversely proportional to the square of the distance: If you double the distance between the two bodies, the force of gravity is reduced to one-fourth its original value.

No,
    By your grace we may, I never resisted to begin with.

9. TooReal

TooReal Banned

I promise I will define this for you but I have a slight headache today as I was working with my sparing partner Gabby and he got he in a partial headlock which I got out of at some cost.

So...I will discuss this...just not right now other than to say....

Imagine a Multiverse as an Infinite Forest....and each Tree Infinite in Number also has INFINITE IN NUMBER BRANCHES upon each Tree.

Our Universe...is ONE BRANCH UPON ONE TREE....existing in an Infinite Forest with Infinite in Number Trees.

OK for now?

TooReal

10. TooTrue

TooTrue Member

Thanks for the links.

11. thedope

Sorry for your slight discomfort.

As far as being okay for now, I am fine even though you are still behaving as though I am an intellectual cripple who needs remedial instruction. Perhaps a result of your head wound? I freekin understand what you are talking about when you suggest multiverse.
    You ask me to imagine both infinity and boundaries and divisions in the same exercise. Frankly it is gibberish. It is for the sake of convenience that calculations, equations,and theories often use infinite series and unbounded functions and may involve infinite quantities however we require that the end result be physically meaningful. In quantum field theory infinities arise which need to be interpreted in such a way as to lead to a physically meaningful result, or we need to renormalize our understanding. A forest of trees grows on the ground which presents an even larger set, meta-universe.

I asked you what supposedly separates these many universes and these many theoretical selves?

12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

That paradox in the multiverse theory opens up a can of wormholes. :toilet:

13. TooReal

TooReal Banned

OK...each Tree....of which our Universe is but a single branch upon a single Tree....well the Tree itself is known as a UNIVERSAL GROUPING.

Each Tree...or UNIVERSAL GROUPING contains Infinite in number Divergent Universal States of Reality but a branch on one Tree and all the branches on one Tree....have completely different Physical Natural Laws that the Branches or Infinite Divergent Alternate Universal States of Reality of another Tree or Universal Grouping.

Thus there exists an infinite number of You and Me existing in all the Branches or Infinite Alternate Divergent Universal States of Reality specific TO JUST ONE TREE OR UNIVERSAL GROUPING.

Each other Tree or Universal Grouping contains Infinite Divergent Universal States with completely different Universal Physical Laws than exist within Our Tree or our Trees Branches which represent Infinite Alternate Divergent Universal States of Reality.

As to the Math or Multiversal Geometry....by Definition...a Universal Grouping and all existing Infinite Divergent Universal Realities exist in a different kind of Mathematical and Dimensional Construct than we can currently or perhaps EVER understand.

However...our Tree...or Universal Grouping contains Infinite Divergent Universal States of Reality which all have the same PHYSICAL NATURAL LAWS AS OUR Universe.

Do you get this so far?

TooReal

14. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Dope....I asked you to define a few things.

Define Mass.

Define Gravity.

Define Space-Time

Define either verbally or mathematically if you can....Gravitational Effect occurring from a Celestial Body we will use the Earth.

OK...the first one is to define what is MASS.

Now in 4th grade I was taught that in an Atom...there was an Atomic Nucleus which contained Hardons specifically Protons and almost always as well Neutrons as Hydrogen Atoms do not have Neutrons.

I was told that an Atom was MATTER....as Matter is comprised Atoms which have an Atomic Nucleus of Protons and almost always Neutrons and that there as well existed a Number of Electrons equal in number to the Protons surrounding the Atomic Nucleus in ELECTRON ORBITAL FIELDS as even though the Electrons were Energy and Electrons existed as a Particle...they also existed as a Wave Form and that not only did the Protons and Neutrons have MASS....but the Electrons as well had a MICRO-MASS.

Photons however do NOT have a Micro-Mass as Photons have no mass although they have ANGULAR SPIN MOMENTUM.

Some years later I also found out that the Protons and Neurons as well were completely compromised of ENERGY as they are completely comprised of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms of Energy.

Thus MASS....is simply a STATE at which certain particles are made capable by the Higgs Field of obtaining Mass which in turn WARPS SPACE-TIME in a ONE DIMENSIONAL FASHION.

Thus we move on to the second asked definition...what is Gravity....and the 3rd question...what is Space-Time.

Gravity is the creation of a Warping of Space-Time in a One Dimensional Fashion and Space-Time is our Universal Dimensional Construct of the existence of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms in all their constructs be it upon the Macro Level of Atomic Construction or upon the Micro Quantum Level such as Photons and Neutrino's speeding through Space-Time.

We KNOW that our Universal Reality has at MINIMUM 10 or 11 Dimensional States however is might be 26-D or greater.

The last question I asked was....Define either verbally or mathematically if you can....Gravitational Effect occurring from a Celestial Body we will use the Earth.

Now....the ratio of the mass of Earth to the Mass of Mars has Mars as only 10.7% the Mass of Earth.

Thus some people would think a person who weighed 100 lbs on Earth would weigh 10.7 lbs on Mars......WRONG!!!!!!

A person who weighs 100 lbs on Earth actually weighs 38 lbs on Mars.

WHY?

If Mars has only about 1/10th the mass of Earth....why doesn't a 100 lbs person on Earth weight about 10.7 lbs on Mars instead of the 38 lbs a 100 lbs person on Earth weighs on Mars?

Answer....Inverse Square Law of Gravity.

LINK...https://www.google.com/search?q=inv...DOoKoyATA9IDYAQ&ved=0CDYQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=675

In physics, an inverse-square law is any physical law stating that a specified physical quantity or intensity is inversely proportional to the square of the distance from the source of that physical quantity. In equation form:
    [​IMG] The divergence of a vector field which is the resultant of radial inverse-square law fields with respect to one or more sources is everywhere proportional to the strength of the local sources, and hence zero outside sources. Newton's law of universal gravitation follows an inverse-square law, as do the effects of electric, magnetic, light, sound, and radiation phenomena.

LINK...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inverse-square_law

TooReal

15. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Now we KNOW our Universe is FINITE....and we also know that a Finite System is IMPOSSIBLE.

Quantum Mechanics shows us this and our Universe could not exist as a Finite Closed System...thus our Universe is part of a much larger system....but that larger system is part of an even larger system.....as Logic Dictates Non-Existence to be Impossible.

S/mx1/4U/k

TooReal

16. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

The universe (particles moving in space) is finite, but the space it's expanding into isn't.

17. TooReal

TooReal Banned

The Space-Time is being CREATED as Dark Energy expands the Universe...Space-Time does not exist beyond the furthest point of Galactic expansion.

You are thinking too 3 Dimensionally.

TooReal

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Exactly, space-time is dependent on the measurement of particles moving in space. Space-time doesn't exist beyond that point, because that's the extent of the particle expansion. Dark Energy is highly theoretical.

19. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Again...Space-Time is created by the movement of Matter and Energy beyond the threshold of what is and what is not.

Space-Time is not nothing rather it is Geometrically Lattice like.

TooReal

20. thedope

Which tree?
    According to who?
    According to what?
    According to who?
    This is a problem, reality does not depend on mathematical models to be what it is and it is very convenient to claim that the correct mathematical models exist to account for your theories but they may be beyond our ability to comprehend.
    Infinite, divergent, and universal are not consistently congruent terms. They create a kind of impossible creature with heads going in different directions, like a push me pull you from Dr. Doolittle.
    Infinite;
    limitless or endless in space, extent, or size; impossible to measure or calculate.
    Divergent;
    tending to be different or develop in different directions.
    Universal;
    of, affecting, or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases.
    I hear your rap. Turning the word tree into the word universal grouping is not very enlightening. I understand/understood what you were/are saying from the get go. I appreciate your effort however as it takes time to learn each others locally impressed vernaculars.