The eternity of the Soul and the body's finite existence.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Anaximenes, Jun 21, 2014.

1. TooReal

TooReal Banned

And then there are the men who without ever being explained how to fish...devise a better system to fish.

THAT...is intelligence.

TooReal

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't confine intelligence as strictly reserved to a particular person or the highest of the high in a given field or activity, which seems what you are insinuating. Furthermore, invention doesn't necessarily suggest intelligence, as invention can be accidental and even some intentional inventions suggest some form of intelligence but not necessarily others. I.E. atomic bomb

This hypothetical composer has never seen a piano takes one look at it and completely understands how it works? What does that even mean?

Does the composer understand how it works in terms of Western Music? Eastern Music? Chromatic Scales? Harmonic Scales?

Music is a terrible example to suggest anything about intelligence unless you have the cultural context of which it is you are referring. Knowledge can cultivate intelligence. :mickey:

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

But instead the anonymously poor sucker who went into believing in his own spiritual salvation. His body aches for recognition, and all he had to do was get off on materialism and defend his right to happiness. His body is eternally projected for sexual outliving. They called that the soul for a "soul-mate".

But that was only them. What do they know? Not Jesus Christ; Van Gogh loves you.

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I remember now; there was the existence of the other looking at you; you anti-existentialist types believed that there was a better form of experience in playing at detective work for the culture you find yourselves in. Really spontaneity was the primary system of experience for atheists. You swore that there was some state beyond intention for the other to be self-realized.:devil:

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Not true that any are without practical experience.
    You are able to understand language because we are structured that way but you couldn't do the math that inspires the descriptions.

To learn something is to become familiar.
    A composer doesn't start out a composer and we don't start out knowing what a piano is. Intelligence is the ability to communicate or choose between, and we always choose with a guide. Set perception, same or different, is learned and knowledge is being shared or shared being.

The idea of multiverse is the same as the idea of hidden creation or hidden creator and is an explanation of the perception that things appear and disappear and reappear. It is not necessary to reach for unsubstantial formulas to explain what we see or what we don't. Redundancy or cyclical emergence and multiplicity are the same. The sun comes up and goes down and reappears but it doesn't go into another dimension, it goes into shadow because of the differences in density between you and it. The reason our dream experience is so agile and plastic is because it is not processed through muscle memory, because of sleep paralysis.

6. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

the soul was given 2 man by God. what happens 2 ones soul after death is up 2 God. ur soul will either go 2 heaven or hell. the choice is ur's.

7. TooReal

TooReal Banned

You are limiting Intelligence in your post from strictly an Analytic viewpoint.

There is Social, Creative, Empathic I.Q's and others.

TooReal

8. TooReal

TooReal Banned

As to your first point you are wrong.

Our ancient Human Ancestors several million years back used sign language and numerical grunts and body slaps as a language and Math is the ultimate form of language.

As to your descriptions of a Multiversal System...I am going to give you a PASS on this one as you don't have either the understanding nor the concepts to discuss it.

TooReal

9. TooReal

TooReal Banned

I am not an Atheist.

Again you assume....and you KNOW how the letters in that word break down.

TooReal

10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

No I'm not, you are interpreting it that way.

I don't even limit intelligence to human beings..

11. TooReal

TooReal Banned

There are a great number of intelligent life forms on Earth and certainly in the Universe and I our Galaxy.

But there are a great number of different forms of intelligence.

Unfortunately those self masturbatory Analytic I.Q. Test developers still have not figured this out.

Back years ago when a kid was in his Jr. Year of High School that kid had tt take if they wanted to get into College....an SAT....and I.Q. Test and a Placement Test.

I don't tend to tell people what I scored on my I.Q. Test as it breeds competition and most people won't believe it anyways.

My SAT...1560....Placement Test....Top 100th of 1 % or .01%.

The I.Q. I took and as they were attempting to replenish the ranks lost in Nam...we had Military and Agency recruiters right in our Guidance Offices.

After awhile it got out of hand as I was getting called down 6 times a week to speak with every recruiter and I would get a good laugh as the U.S. Army Recruiter told me...sign up for only 6 short years and you will have a whole $35,000 for College waiting for you!! LOL!!!

My Dad was Military and my Mom was..."CIVILIAN"...in the manner the quotes denote...just like I am....as Mom's JOB was to be the "CIVILIAN" assistant to a USAF SAC Base General as the base was loaded with B-52's and Thermonuclear Bombs...and my Mom kept track of them.

One day I was called down again to the Guidance Dept where I met..."UNCLE". "UNCLE" was family and he helped me cut a deal that allowed me a great many things and allowed me to obtain by degrees free of charge.

I don't salute....but I am a PROBLEM SOLVER.

TooReal

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Oh, you're not an atheist save by assumptions of your own, something out of Camelot. You are, a behaviourist who won't step out on a limb for the earliest liar of epistimology, B.F. Skinner. Not much of a judge of personality was needed in his psychological thinking.

13. TooReal

TooReal Banned

What is all this nonsense?

I am an Agnostic because although Probability dictates that a GOD as described existing in the Bible would be an extremely low probability it is not Zero.

Thus as any person who follows the scientific method would conclude....although such a GOD's existence is highly improbable it cannot be ruled out.

TooReal

14. thedope

No, communication is communication be it signs slaps squeaks or grunts, or how many fingers I am holding up.

From the evidence we have compiled,
    anatomically modern humans are situated at approximately 200,000 years ago and behavioral modernity at around 50,000 years ago. Regardless math be a concise language or not, it is learned. You can't do the math without learning the math but you can deal in abstraction without being taught as the mind is naturally abstract.

I don't need your pass and if you think you have the juice, out with it!
    All you need is imagination to come up with imaginary scenarios. You can't even accurately gauge what kind of intelligence I may have for these issues much less what intelligence might be in general. Don't project you inadequacy in appreciating.
    I'm not giving you a pass on anything and am willing regardless of your apparent capacity to understand to show where your ideas could be wanting some representative constituents.

15. thedope

Why would probability dictate?
    The bible is a repository of symbols.

So anyone with common sense would know that it is a symbolical representation and symbols must be interpreted to glean meaning from them.
    What is the probability you understand what the symbols mean?

16. thedope

What your IQ score may or may not be is irrelevant as it is the quality of your discourse that is indicative of understanding.

17. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Like I said...I am going to give you a PASS.

If for some reason you feel the need to reject my given PASS....then please explain to the membership why Gravity is NOT a FORCE but rather an EFFECT and how the Higgs Field is responsible for giving Hadrons Mass...and how this Mass warps Space-Time in a One Dimensional Form or Expression we call Gravity?

If you can answer a few of those THEN MAYBE....we might be able to continue a discussion to to a Multiversal System that is after we discuss Dark Energy and Dark Matter.

TooReal

18. TooReal

TooReal Banned

I disagree.

It is my potential to see things and understand them specific to their connection and parts they play as part of and within a Multiversal System tht matters.

Any other understanding or behavior is more indicative of an individuals ability to fall for the Marketing Ploys on the back of a cereal box of FROSTED CHOCOLATE SUGAR BOMBS....JUST EAT 20 BOXES AND SEND IN ALL 20 PROOF OR PURCHASES SEALS AND YOU WILL RECEIVE A HELICOPTER BEANIE HAT WITH A PROPELLER!!!

TooReal

19. TooReal

TooReal Banned

The Bible or Koran or Tanaka then Torah all are based upon the concept of an all powerful GOD that supposedly created the Universe and Multiverse.

Given this is s supernatural interpretation it must be calculated as to it's probability of being a Fact....and such calculations are extremely low.

TooReal

20. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

The more improbable this existence, the idea of immortality and eternity co-existing realizes the more personality for God to define.:)