The eternity of the Soul and the body's finite existence.

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by Anaximenes, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

That's all it is. Of course, I'm being rigid to my philosophy of time measuring the infinity, and the finite measures of occurring living corporeal Life within such infinite Measure. Everyone has his allotted space of temporal passage in the midst of others' temporal passages on the planet Earth. Then everyone has his soul which by definition outlives his body. The soul makes by definition again the eternity of the unmeasurable. The infinite, with all the bodies co-present in sequences, is instead the the measurable Time of the confrontation of the eternal spiritual realm.

Thus atheism must determine in the spiritual realm the many spirits existing alongside of one another eternally both pre-conceived and after-death. There is no need for time there. Animals may or may not be there with us, but humans are there for sure already, and made cognizant of when we die. No time, just space like heavenly sex. No measure of space, just eternal time like for the capacity to love nothing.

I read this book somewhere about the loss of a pet dog.:sunny:

On the other hand, actually it's a universe thing; the universe is the realm of the spirits; the Earth is the realm of the finite bodies.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

it simply suggests that the soul is something completely non-physical.

which is only reasonable to expect of all maters of the spirit.

some people conflate non-physical as having no existence beyond thought. i am not one of them.

i believe in an absolutely concrete existence of non-physical things.
    one no more dependent on belief then the physical universe we can observe around us.

but i also see no logic in expecting the non-physical, which cannot be physically known, to resemble any claims made as to knowledge of the names or nature of any such things.

to me, this as all simply simple sense.

3. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

That was the reference of the experientialist book I read many years ago. Lacked rigour though. Can the detachment of material things be as well written about; not even by the author's contentions. She wanted to believe a lot of the elimination of grief was important to the subject, not a soul. The soul I still contend is there for the belief of the infinite divisibility of matter, and the physical is not actually fully discovered yet as of the soulful dealing with judgment.:biker:

4. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Imaginary concepts are also completely non-physical.

Well, besides the grey matter they reside in anyway...

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

they are also, yes. they are not however, the beginning and end there of.

the grey matter... precisely. i was referring to non-physical things that do NOT depend upon it, which we can only speculate as to their existence, other then being able, and i have no idea as to the mechanics that would make this possible, yet it happens, of experiencing them.

6. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Prove it. You have nothing but superstition, fantasies, lies, breeding and conditioning to believe in external consciousness (souls).

Our entire being is nothing more than a physical network of trillions of protein worms. Spirit (our conscious state) is a physical and chemical state from their order and patterns. Patterns from code that evolved and improved from natural selection over billions of years.

There are ZERO non-physical realms outside mans imagination.

1 person likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Prove that! Sheer metaphysical speculation masquerading as fact.

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Sounds like more imagination only of the scientific variety.

9. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Fallacy of insufficient evidence. The author is asserting this eternal spiritual realm as fact but there is no evidence brought forward. Atheism need not to determine anything here.

10. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Just the same atheism has to explain the infinite consciousness of the use of the language describing that ideal. Explaining explanation in common usage is instead the Atheist fallacy for the "Soul" existing. which Besides that is already explained as psychology through artistic action. There is the aesthetic affirmation for successful art, which has no business being there for a free community on it's own determination but to mean but the pre-fact of proud nationalism.

We have souls because we have proud Nationalism? The body has just missed for it's function in ordinary creative psychology.:)

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Proud nationalism can be suggested as a response for physical bodies to seek emotional support and populative strength amongst our species. The association with "soul" can be completely excluded there. I will say that the phenomena of art, regardless of It's success, is a phenomena that approaches something pointing towards the mystical to me however it can be personal and communal and I don't think a deeper level of human experience is necessarily at odds with atheism.

I don't really follow the atheist fallacy or definition of "soul" you prescribe to them due to it.

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

What then grows in intelligence? Cyber-space? Social-ecology? If that be materialistic.

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't understand what you are asking really but I'll take a shot at it. Intelligence is a multi-faceted concept which is strictly limited to human discernment. I think it's difficult to say that intelligence has had growth in it on a personal or collective level since say the Ancient Greeks. I mean thinking of intelligence in a general way, can you really think of many that have shown a vast improvement in intelligence over say Socrates? Maybe Einstein but still it'd likely be a short list. Then on the collective level we are polluting and destroy the land which sustains us, certainly doesn't appear as a jump in intelligence.

If i were to point out some variables which may suggest an increase in intelligence for the personal and collective, I'd point to the consolidation of knowledge in storytelling> written language> books>internet and perhaps maybe even art belongs there. Another variable would be the mobility in society now, so varying viewpoints give a broader and comprehensive understanding of the human experience and the world around us.

14. TooReal

TooReal Banned

You have a flaw in your logic.

Knowledge...is NOT Intelligence.

As well Intelligence is not just analytic but creative, empathic, social...etc.

As well a Truth is not the same thing as a FACT.

A Truth is subjective...a Fact is Reality.

TooReal

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I addressed that...

While not synonymous, access to knowledge can cultivate intelligence

16. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Soul is sense of individual life spirit in the body, when the body dies the soul itself dies. Sense as opposed to sensation of life does not die.

On the one hand we might say our ideas reside as relaxxx suggests in the grey matter that contains them but what contains the grey matter. There is no grey matter at the moment of conception, we start as two gametes. Life is communication at the nuclear level. Any body will do for communication. The human body is the most complex because it contains all the nuclear communication from the inception of our animal line. We are a very recent advent on the biological scene but we arise from ancient and continuing communication. We've now come to the point where we are beginning to communicate consciously at a nuclear level in the form of scientific instruments, medicines, bioengineering, chemistry, and physics.

What does this uninterrupted and progressive life communicate?

17. TooReal

TooReal Banned

That is putting the cart before the horse.

Intelligence must exist to take in human sensory data and develop theories.

A person is basically at a minimum 3 consciousnesses.

The Right Brian Hemisphere specific to Creativity.

The Left Brain Hemisphere specific to Analytic thought and Logic.

And the Subconscious which is a form of Recording Sensory Storage Computer which is also responsible for dissemination of additional data unaware to be existing by the Conscious Minds.

As per Quantum Mechanics there most likely is a Multiversal System in play as our Universe is FINITE yet Quarks existing at and between a minimum and maximum number and in between within all Hadrons are BLINKING IN AND OUT OF OUR DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATE OF REALITY and Probability is most likely driving this thus there are INFINITE VERSIONS OF YOU AND I WITHIN INFINITE DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATES OF REALITY WITHIN A MULTIVERSAL SYSTEM.

TooReal

18. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think your reading comprehension skills are flawed, I said knowledge can cultivate intelligence. I don't follow why you see that potential is putting the cart before the horse particularly after what you are suggesting in the last paragraph, unless it's an attempt to save face...

Since we're nitpicking, those hemispheres are generally dominant to those roles, however the brain has neuroplasticity, which in some circumstances such as damage to one hemisphere, the other hemisphere can take on that roll and those functions. This has been exhibited by kids in particular whose brains are not fully developed.

So that sounds all magical and spiffy but I'm not sure what it has to do with intelligence within this universe and dimensions. Putting the intelligence issues aside for a minute, I also don't understand how there can be "infinite versions of you and I" when what constitutes a human, and the conditions in which a human can survive are necessarily limited. I'm saying that in a multiverse, there would likely be some universes which have completely different set of laws they are governed by where the existence of a human is an impossibility. So I understand theoretical mathematical formulas can point to something such as a multiverse and some of these topics but What concrete evidence is there that separates such a claim from the Op's higher dimensional "soul" dimension(s)?

19. TooReal

TooReal Banned

My point is that a person who has no practical experience with Geometry but has the proper intelligence will be capable of understanding things like Space-Time Universal Geometry without every taking a course.

Composers who have never seen a piano have taken one look at it and completely understood how it works.

THAT...is Intelligence.

Learned Knowledge is a result.

TooReal

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What I'm saying is captured in this proverb...

give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.