Caught with drugs before festival

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by BakeDaily, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BakeDaily

BakeDaily Member

Hey everyone! I need some legal advice! I got caught with 3.5 grams of methylone(bk-mdma) "molly" right before getting to Summer Camp Music Festival in Illinois. They stopped soo many people and let most of us continue on to the festival after getting processed. I live in New York so they said that I can call my DA and see if the case can be transferred to here. They said they are just going to charge me with possession and not intent to distribute. But i looked it up and thats still a felony. I've had a clean record until now, and I'm going to plead guilty. so does anyone know what type of punishment I am likely to receive? Will they just put me on probation for a year, or will I have to spend some time in jail?
    Thanks for reading! any advice or similar experiences would be much appreciated! :)

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

With a clean record you will probably get some kind of reduced charge if you plead guilty plus maybe some drug classes or community service plus random drug tests

I doubt you do any jail time unless you fail a test or skip out on community service.

You might be able to have the felony expunged it could haunt you in the future. Good luck

3. SholeSteven

SholeSteven Member

Agree with the above, if you have no other bad records and you plead guilty you should not need to do jail time but probably community service. Usually with first offences not to bad they will give you a slap on the wrist so to speak.

4. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I would NOT have the case transferred to your home state. Because then you probably will get supervised probation. If you're going to plead guilty either way, you might as well see if you can have your hearing over the phone. They will probably just fine you. What are they going to do? Say you have to be on probation in Illinois? This is nothing more than a cash cow for them and they know it. They want your money.

If it were me, I would plead not guilty and motion to dismiss the case depending on the circumstances. Simply going to a music festival or having long hair or smelling like a wook or whatever is not justification to search someone. It's profiling and an illegal search and seizure. I don't remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd Bonnaroo but the cops busted a bunch of people on the highway outside the venue. A local lawyer took all of the cases pro bono and argued the point I just made. He got all of them dismissed. So I would start looking around online and see if that might be happening in your case.

5. thismoment

thismoment Member

Jesus Christ man. Get a lawyer.

6. fluffybutt

fluffybutt Guest

Methylone is NOT mdma. It is a semi-legal research chemical. I doubt you will get charged with much.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Methylone was made schedule I so u could go to prison for it.

If u've never been caught with drugs before u might get 5 to 10 years of probation and be piss tested on a regular basis

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

Your honor,, my client purchased this Bath salt product legally in a Gas Station/market on the corner Anytown Ill. And while my client had intentions to consume this substance being that is may cause the same effects as caffeine, my client assumed it was legal as such. We ask the court to dismiss the charges, my client agrees to seek drug counseling ..