CBD and women's orgams?

Discussion in 'The Orgasmic Experience' started by hourglass22, Jun 5, 2014.

1. hourglass22

hourglass22 Guest

Been seeking studies for the use of CBD, and women's sexual desire, and ability to achieve orgasms. As a 55 yo female, celibate for over 5 years due to lack of desire, I have experienced a tremendous increase in desire, and ability to easily achieve orgasms since I've been taking CBD supplements.
    It took me some time to make the connection, but after discontinuing CBD, and reverting back to losing all desire, and then starting back on it, and regaining my high sex drive, i have no doubt, it's due to the CBD. But I can't find any studies on the subject. Anyone have a similar experience, or know of a stdy?

2. laughing-buddha

laughing-buddha Relax and have fun

what you want?

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

if you lack desire then what's the issue?

marijuana is known to increase sexual pleasure, CBD is just one component of marijuana and i have not heard anything before of it being used alone.

4. hourglass22

hourglass22 Guest

The thing is, I'm using cbd derived from hemp, not marijuana, which is 100% legal is the states, BTW. The issue is, there have been numerous studies to address male sexual enhancement, so if CBD is a natural enhancement for females, I would hope that there is a study documenting such, if not, maybe there should be one. BTW, my man takes CBD, but does not have the same spike in desire.

5. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

what does CBD do for him exactly?

6. hourglass22

hourglass22 Guest

I'm not going to reply as to what benefits my man has seen since using CBD. I will say that they are not of a sexual nature. Sorry, but I don't want to get off topic, which is the sexual enhancements that I, as a 55 yo woman have experienced, and my quest to find others that have had the same experience.

7. WayneCider

WayneCider Member

Here's an off the cuff explanation from someone who uses CBD, THC and all the other cannabinoids...

The human body's endocannabinoid system naturally produces something called annandamides. These annandamides behave the same way THC does in all living things. Basically, the CB1 and CB2 receptors fire off when exposed to annandamides. When a person consumes THC, those same receptors go gangbusters. The body slowly absorbs the THC and goes back to normal after all the THC has been absorbed.

CBD has many properties, none of which involces the receptors I just mentioned. One of CBD's function is to slow down the absorption of THC. When we get sexually stimulated the body releases endorphins (as in, annandamides) which, over time, gets re-absorbed. CBD prevents that absorption.

No, I don't have any science to back this up, but after using R4 oil (a high CBD cannabis plant), this is what feels makes the most sense. I get a much stronger sexual desire when I ingest indica (which people seem to think is high in CBD... it isn't).

Just as a fun little addendum, my wife and I have been using THC infused oil as lube and it is out of this world!

8. WayneCider

WayneCider Member

Link to a scientific explanation as far as the cardiovascular system is concerned and how it's affected by CBD:

http://www.idmu.co.uk/canncardio.htm

Remember ED drugs are vasodilators.

9. angelica peaches

angelica peaches Member

Presently, it is debatable whether marijuana acts as a sex drive stimulant (aphrodisiac) or suppressant. Marijuana affects different people in different ways. Some report an increased libido. Time and more reliable research might be able to help us sometime in future. Good Luck ;) I say if it works,........................

10. WayneCider

WayneCider Member

I think the confusion on whether or not it's an aphrodisiac lies in the subspecies (Indica vs. Sativa) and the strains. I could smoke a joint of blue moonshine and be rock hard for 45 minutes and smoke a bit of G13 and be impotent for an hour

11. betsycam

betsycam Members

Hourglass22, can you tell me where you got yours, particular brand? I have lacked desire for years. I have been able to come with sex but with A LOT of effort. Lately, I can't even do that! So, I'm desperate to try anything that will improve my situation!

Thanks in advance!

12. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

Orgasms for me can be quite epic while stoned but when I'm stoned I really need some erm enthusiasm to get it all going.

13. MysteryMind

MysteryMind Members

I'm gonna follow this topic, I think this could be one of those threads we'll link to when new posters ask about how to get their female partners to increase sex drive.