R.I.P. Dr. Shulgin

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by Hedgeclipper, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

[​IMG]

A great man has left us.

He has left us with a lot.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

:(

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for the many gifts you bestowed upon us, Dr. Shulgin<3

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

his influence will never leave us

5. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

Rest in psychedelia.. We love you shulgin. Legend. :)

6. loncho

loncho Member

Sad news :(

His contribution was and still is enormous.

Thanks for all the knowledge and tools you gave us.

7. Royaltramp

Royaltramp Member

Wonderful guy who has made great contributions to the further existence and improvement of the human race. I know so many people who have had life-changing experiences as the result of substances he himself discovered (i.e. 2C-B etc) or ones that he brought into popularity (like MDMA) including myself.

2C-E is like my "best friend" psychedelic, difficult but worthwhile as he himself described it, and once I got the hang of using it properly it became a truly invaluable tool for me. :)

I also not too long ago got to try 3C-P (Proscaline's amphetamine analogue) which he gave a passing mention to in his post about 3C-E in PiHKAL but never got around to testing himself which was one of the loveliest psychedelics I've tasted to date. I even was lucky enough to get my hands on some 2C-B-Fly recently which was also a truly beautiful substance, one of the best.

I'm glad that now my life has led me to get to know people who're looking to expand on Shulgin's lovely work and make new developments related to some of his creations, there's definitely a potential for some really great things in the future that Shulgin paved the way for but never got to synthesize himself.

Considering how lovely 2C-B, 2C-B-Fly (!!), DOB and bk-2C-B all were I can only hope that the next extensions of the Mescaline and TMxx/3C-xx series would be the Bromine derivative of Mescaline itself (4-Bromo-3,5-Dimethoxyphenethylamine) and its amphetamine analogue "3C-B" :D

Also, someone needs to invent 2C-E-Fly please!

Anyway Sasha thanks for your contributions to science and for being a great loving individual - you gave a friendly intelligent face to the self-explorative psychedelic community and you'll be deeply missed by all of us.

Wish I was able to have met you someday, maybe in another life! :)

Rest in peace old soul. :)

8. andallthatstocome

andallthatstocome not a squid

my first notice of the great man's death was not as a news story. my wife and I were on some NBOMes and there was this sharp increase in the intensity of the trip which we took to be some sort of massive fire serpent. We discovered very shortly thereafter that Shulgin had died, and this made the experience make more sense.