Is it worse for a woman to cheat than a man?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by You Can Be Mean, May 25, 2014.

1. klpic

klpic Member

is there any difference?

2. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

....and oddity.

3. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

And so the man gets a woman pregnant, does he escape all? Not here in Canada, family maintenance will get involved and that man, and his Wife will deal with those consequences, while he pays that other woman while she raises her child, till 18 and if that kid goes to collage he will pay longer too now. And assuming he isn't a total dink he might feel he needs to take time from his wife and family to take that kid to the park now and then, or take him for a weekend. Why don't people think this far?
    A pregnancy goes both ways, maybe more on the female but it ruins a kids life too, it's ugly if either cheats and they aren't careful to prevent a pregnancy. No family needs an unplanned child showing up on the scene no matter who's fault it is.
    And To the OP, "The woman gets bent over"??? nice way of saying we only know how to do doggie style or we only take it in the ass when cheating. Imagination a little short or too many videos? And just so ya know, in real life men give oral too, might not show that as much in some media bits but it's not "usually" women giving oral. We know quite well how to take it too.

4. Ordinary Guy

Ordinary Guy Member

No, it is the same. It's just that women socially are subjected to an unfair biased standard set (I think) and enforced by men.

The pain is the same, it's just that the backlash from a cheated man is usually more physically harmful to the other party (the woman) as opposed to backlash from a cheated woman. Many times for different reasons women just bear the pain whereas men want to kill someone when they are cheated on.

5. You Can Be Mean

You Can Be Mean Banned

That's the sort of response I was looking for. That's what it ultimately boils down to

6. You Can Be Mean

You Can Be Mean Banned

I really didn't intend for us to go down the pregnancy road here. Besides, everybody gets(not that I agree with it) an abortion these days.

It is the woman(at least if it's a one night stand) that gives herself up during the act of sex. So not only is she wrong to cheat, but she is also letting herself down.

And yes, it can be assumed that over the course of a few romps, that the doggy position will have been tried..... and doesn't usually mean anal!!!

7. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

Yeah,,,this comment should end the debate

8. You Can Be Mean

You Can Be Mean Banned

It would be one hell of a coincidence if they were both equally as wrong. And because they are so different, it is hard to say which one is worse..... so therefore this comment only gets the debate started!!

9. Victoria_Zecret

Victoria_Zecret Member

This is such an interesting question when you give it some serious thought. Without getting into the rights and wrongs of it I think a women cheating on a man is generally regarded as worse than a man cheating on a woman.

In my own personal experience I found that I could get come to terms with my BF of 5 years cheating on me once I got over the initial feelings of pain, betrayal, anger and hurt but he couldn't get over me cheating on him.

So I don't know if that means it's worse but ...there ya go.

In conversations I've noticed that most people, men and women, seem to regard a woman cheating as a worse offence than a man cheating. Guys who cheat seem to be seen as a bit of a lad whereas women who cheat are branded sluts.

Again I don't know if that means anything - just another observation.

10. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

Depends on the individuals. If the person thinks it's worse, than it's worse. If they don't, it's not.

If you're asking me, I think it's equal. If I was cheated on, I would associate that with me not being good enough and not being able to satisfy the guy I'm with, therefore he finds the satisfaction that he wants and needs with someone that does satisfy him. If I cheat on someone, I would think the same thing, that I did it because he is not good enough for me and not satisfying me in the way I want and need, but this other guy is satisfying me like that. Either way, I think it's a move that is done when people don't want to tell each other the truth, or they, themselves don't realize the truth, which I think that's wrong across sexes.

But, I think I see you're point. I can't explain it, but I do see your point because I believe I have witnessed it between two couples that cheated on one another, but the female case of cheating, was considered worse by the other partner and other observants than the male case. Worse, as in people reacted worse and were less likely to forgive. In that case the people involved did have a sex preference, but that's not the case for everyone. Most people I know think it's equal and I think it's equal.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Not really. It is just an opinion.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Cheating, or trust violation, is equally destructive no matter which partner does it.

It has no gender, no biological sex.

Take two men in a relationship. They care deeply for each other and have a commitment.
    One strays. Does that mean the other isn't hurt? Of course not. Is it less painful because both betrayed and betrayer have penises or identify as male? Nope.

(Ditto on a female/female relationship.)

13. nonco55

nonco55 Member

I think it should be pointed out that it's much more difficult for a man to cheat than a woman. If a woman wants to cheat, the first guy she sees could be the affair. It's easy for them, they are the gatekeepers of sex. This is why women have always faced harsher criticism for having casual sex. It's like a cop who steals, it's a cry for help, they want to be caught.

Men work time and half to "earn" something extra when they cheat, and women are simply "given" what they want, when they cheat. It's kind of freaky how easily any woman could cheat, if she wanted to. If a married man cheats, she can divorce him and force him to pay alimony and child support without much of a chance to ever have custody of the kids himself. No such consequence exists for a cheating wife.

14. MochaMood

MochaMood Member

Betrayal is betrayal.

1 person likes this.
  15. maxtazm

maxtazm Members

As a man, my gut reaction is to say yes it's more wrong for a woman to cheat than a man. But logically, it actually depends on the people involved and how they define their relationship. Basically if both the man and woman believe they are in a commited loyal relationship and then discover their partner cheated it's equally wrong no matter their gender.

But also, men and women generally cheat for different reasons. Men are often just sexually unsatisfied and want the adventure of a new sexual experience. Where as women either cheat because they are bored with their current relationship or start to have feelings for another man. Of course there are obviously many exceptions. Some women are just naturally more promiscuous and deceptive no matter how awesome her boyfriend is, and also vice versa.

So which is worse, cheating for love or cheating for pleasure?

16. Asmodean

17. maxtazm

maxtazm Members

Yes betrayal is betrayal. It's bad either way. But someone could make a reasoned argument that one form of betrayal is even worse than the other.

18. Asmodean

As with everything determining what is worse depends on the actual situation and the person who is cheated on.

19. Pimp daddy

Pimp daddy Member

Well I think it's a good question and depends on the individual. I would say women are more likely to require emotional attachment before having sex so any infidelity is se url and emotional whereas the reciprocal is true for men (generally).

Both would be bad if the other partner was expecting monogamy, but i think for the emotional reasons given, women are more likely to be giving something up that men might not be.

20. Pimp daddy

Pimp daddy Member

*sexual not se url

21. Running Man

Running Man Guardian

I agree with Anya insomuch as it's equally bad whether it's a man or a woman who is cheating.

I do think that a man is more likely to have a 'wandering eye' than a woman but I don't think that makes it any worse for a woman to cheat on her partner.