Is it worse for a woman to cheat than a man?

Discussion in 'Free Love' started by You Can Be Mean, May 25, 2014.

1. You Can Be Mean

You Can Be Mean Banned

Is it more offensive for a woman to cheat that a man than the vise versa. I know a lot of people mightn't like me saying this, but if people could try and make sense with what I'm getting at here that would be great. I presume that a man would be more hurt if he was cheated on, in comparison to how hurt a woman would be! Assuming it would be a meaningless one night stand, then I think it would be harder for a man to be cheated on than it would be for a woman. Considering that, during sex, it's usually the woman that gets objectified, bent over, gives the oral, etc.

It's not that I'm trying to justify cheating for men. I know it's wrong for a man to cheat, but does it really matter if she was bent over a desk? I mean it's not like anyone's been inside him! Now that would be different!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so i assume it's also worse for a gay man to cheat than a straight man?

3. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

...no

4. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i would say they are just about equally shitty.

one might argue that cheating with a full emotional bond involved could be worse than a one night stand, and that maybe women would be more likely to cheat in that manner, with men more likely to do one night stands. but i think even that's a stretch.

if you get AIDS on that one night stand it could be a pretty big deal.

5. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Worse in what way?

God is more (or less) pleased by women cheating than by men cheating?
    A woman cheating is more likely to damage a relationship than a man cheating?
    A man feels worse when his woman cheats than a woman feels when a man cheats?
    A woman is more likely to get caught cheating than a man?

To the OP, I would agree that a man whose woman cheats on him feels worse than a man who cheats on his woman.

6. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

cheating is cheating period, it is the same regardless of the gender of the offender. You want sex outside of your partner , make an agreement to have an open relationship, if they don't prefer that get in a different relationship. If anyone is committed to anyone else be open and honest

7. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Those sex parts on a man or a women are private to the relationship. I would expect my man to feel about as bad as I would for either fooling around.
    Don't forget, the sex itself isn't all that gets messed with, the emotions given to that third person, and what else is involved. I would be pissed if I thought my man even felt up another woman a few times but didn't even have sex yet, look at all he gives to her just in that little bit that is supposed to be mine.
    I would leave him as I expect he would leave me for fooling around. Why should it be different?
    We talked about this already and we both agreed we are exclusive to each other or else we would let the other know there was other interests before anything happened. We are both self sufficient so neither will suffer physically if the other left, mentally maybe but all I know is I better not find out he had it in anyone while messing with me.

1 person likes this.
  8. You Can Be Mean

You Can Be Mean Banned

You seem to interest me sally.

Cheating topic aside, out of curiosity can I ask how many sexual partners you've had? and whether they were mainly with someone you were in a relationship with or not?

9. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

It depends on the individual and how they respond to things -- how much they were tied emotionally and how much trust they invested in the other person -- in regards to how hurt someone gets.

I'm thinking along the lines also that over the years men have always explained that sex is mostly a physical act, where with females more emotions are tied in.
    So if a man was cheated on and thought of the whole picture of the women being with another man -- not just being physical, it could be very hurtful.
    And when a woman gets cheated on, because we are emotionally tied with sex, we think that a man is too, when it's usually just physical, a moment of weakness for example-- a woman thinks the man was emotionally invested and gets devastated by the thoughts of betrayal.
    I do think that men and women cheat for different reasons, none of them justified.

It's all just a big mess, either way.

10. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

unbelievable nerve

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Cheating is pretty lousy no matter what the gender but I feel that women are frowned upon more because we are meant to have a caring, mothering, emotional side to us that would lead us to "know better" in a sense.

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

MOD hat ON:
    Do that again and you are GONE.

Sally, don't reply to this crap.

1 person likes this.
  13. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Historically, men have had the rights of conquest, rape, pillage.
    Women have been seen as chattel, therefore action taken that resembles free agency upsets the patriarchal apple cart.

Personally, I think that apple cart should be over turned and set afire, to boot.

In a relationship, betrayal is betrayal. Some couples survive it, some don't.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

eh, i think it's more because men are always looking for sex so it's considered to be somewhat in their nature, while women generally avoid sex like the plague, so to go out of their way to do it with someone else is a pretty blatant slap in the face.

15. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

For some reason the cheating female seems worse to me and always has and I think it does have to do with guys will be guys. But to me as a guy having sex, the female submisses all the time, she's submissing to let you in even when she wants it and it's that act, the submission, to know that a female can give in so easily to another man, that's what sets me off because the majority of the time a guy gives and a women receives. Your woman is giving herself to another man.

That's the way I see it. Unpopular probably but meh, that's my opinion.

16. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Cheating either way is wrong.

17. Myvatn

Myvatn Guest

You all appear to be missing the point that female infidelity would always have been more frowned upon due to the simple biological fact that women are the ones getting pregnant, and being left to deal with the aftermath that will have serious negative implications for her relationship, while a man can simply escape all the consequences even if he cheats with a random woman and impregnates her. Indeed, he can just walk away and resume his proper relationship without any harm done, while a woman who has been impregnated by a stranger will be unavailable to bear her man's children for the following 9 months plus, and additionally will turn the man into a cuckold wasting his resources on another man's offspring, something that not many men are keen to do - and understandably so.

I'm not suggesting that I condone the mentality, or imply that it's better for a man to cheat, but that's the way it has always been and always will be.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which pretty much lets the girls know what they are in for if they hookup with you, 2 mins of lovin followed by "Did you cum?" ;)

2 people like this.
  19. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

No it is not worse for a woman to cheat. It is a shitty thing that shitty people do to others whether they are men or women.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member