Top Fictional characters that appeal to you and why?

Discussion in 'Hip Comics' started by lesti4futa, May 23, 2014.

1. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Archie Andrews : Had a lot of fun in childhood reading the Archie comics. Would enjoy them even now as well.

Sherlock Holmes : I enjoy the deductive thought process in long sequences. I would say that reading it is a good exercise for the mind. I remember reading about a pastor saying that he reads Holmes to keep himself sane.

Bruce Wayne : I enjoy both the detective in him as well as the excellent moral character in him.

2. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Darth Vader is the best good guy turned bad guy turned good guy.

Lara croft is the hottest.

Master roshi is just a funny dirty old man.

Michonne just because of her pets.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

That's nothing! Lucky Luke is quicker than his own shadow!

4. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Gandalf The Grey
    Moogles

5. kinkystar

kinkystar Members

Don't know Lucky Luke but that's fast, haha.

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

...in bed?

7. Asmodean

Could be, if his pistol is a metaphor :p

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

so is he lucky because he is fast or is he lucky and fast? or is he lucky in bed?

9. Asmodean

Or is he really fast in bed? All valid questions! Great reason to check out his adventures! :-D

10. kinkystar

kinkystar Members

Haha. It means he left before he came. Weird.

11. kinkystar

kinkystar Members

Top Cat. Just seems so cozy living in a bin!
    Yogi Bear. Just seems so cozy living in a cave!
    The Hair Bear Bunch! Forget where they live though.

12. Asmodean

13. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

sam gamgee, because if he had a vagina he would make the perfect wife

14. Asmodean

Just found out he was already that fast as a kid!

[​IMG]

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Ford Prefect from The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy; his main interests are drinking, partying and dancing with pretty girls. I can relate.

1 person likes this.
  16. Asmodean

Thorgal always appealed to me, but I admit it is also because of the setting. Ah well we are all products of our environment, right!? :p

[​IMG]

17. kinkystar

kinkystar Members

Asmo that's hilarious. Rofl.

18. kinkystar

kinkystar Members

The Numbskulls. Think they were in Whizzer and Chips.

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

King Arthur was always a big influence in my childhood. I had the whole tale on audiobook, books, cartoons and children's shows.

There's just one inconsistency that continues to annoy which is that Excalibur was the sword pulled from the rock. A lot of people believe this. But that sword was destroyed in battle, Excalibur came from the Lady of the Lake. In those Arthurian times and lore, many swords were sacrificed to the lakes and lakes that have dried up are now unearthing their oldern treasures. I think it's fascinating!

Plus, Merlin the wizard, beautiful Guenevere, sword from the rock and the lady of the lake... That's a pretty wicked take right there and is still very influential to me to this day.

There's also a Polish tale of this, extremely similar. I'm not too sure if they've worked out which story came from where first, but instead of a sacred island, the king is said to be buried in the mountains of Carpathia, and when needed, he will ride out with his knights to defend Poland.

I read once that when the Germans invaded Poland in their armor, the Polish rode at them on their horses. Poland is renown for heavy cavalry, I wonder if this was the King and if so, I wonder what he thought of modern war horse Panzer. Lol.

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I doubt very many people care about this book, i I read it when I was much younger and didn't fully understand it..

But reading it for the second time, I think Scarlet O'Hara from Gone with the Wind might be my all time favorite female character ever.

She took charge of an entire plantation post Civil War after escaping the capture of Atlanta, after Rhett Butler saved her from the Yankee conquest of Atlanta only to leave her abandoned in some Georgia field with a lame horse anad a woman dying from childbirth, she gets back to the plantation to find her mom died and her dad lost his mind with grief and her sisters were recovering from typhoid, all the slaves ran away, the Yankees burned their entire cotton supply and robbed them blind of their valuables

And what does she do? Does she cry and resolve to live a life of genteel poverty? Fuck no, she goes and finds food for her family and then goes and picks up a ho and a plow and raises a motherfucking crop of cotton and ruins her delicate little southern belle hands forever.

And she refuses to mourn the past but instead plunges straight into the future of the new south and she's manipulative and of course racist as fuck, conniving, shallow..but she's also a goddamn survivor and I love her.

Oh, and the things I would let Rhett Butler do to me if he were a real person. Mmm.

Seriously, it's a good book guys. I recommend it.

1 person likes this.