new hippie

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by bobupnkiss, May 19, 2014.

1. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

I'm just introducing myself more than anything. To share a bit about myself ill start by saying about 5 years ago I went through some trama and the outcome was ptsd and social anxiety and defiance disorder. I haaaated being around people in general and being judged was awful. Iv never been a social type. But not to long ago I was put into a siuation. Where I was able to spend time with some real hippie types they were flat out good people. I'm a glassblower so iv been around a lot of people but these really explained things. They accepted me despite myself lol. I went to a small gathering and was comfortable amonst these people. I have a fear of law enforcement always have well that fit too I found out. I'm not at all a vegetarian and that was okay with them they didn't push me or anything I thought vegetarianism was a prerequisit for being hip. Lmao. Well I could go on all night but wanted to share abit and say hello. Hope to make some good friends here.

2. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

I don't really think there is a prerequisite of foods or style to being hippie. Hippie people IMO just do as they like, to my knowledge there is no club or church but in the day they did tend to travel in small groups sometimes. It's a To each their own kinda thing I think.
    I don't follow any kind of rule or trend to feel like I am any kind of hippie but the life I have had and my own style of clothing and such makes my friends call me hippie yet I never grouped with anyone really or did any research on how to feel as such. I just like to be myself and enjoy life as it should be, my way. And law never intimidated me in any way. I just keep my nose clean and do my thing. Peeps seem ok about that.

3. MindControlledShepple

MindControlledShepple Member

Hey there, hope you are enjoying your transformation to the hip side.

I define hippy more on your views on life and such, not what you eat/wear..etc.

4. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

That's what I mean everyone in the this culture seems to not be so condesending. I'm diggin it for sure now just needs to find a few folks from my area but I have noooo clue how to go about that

5. volunteer_tommy

volunteer_tommy Elongated Member

No clue whatsoever?

[​IMG]

By the way, welcome! :)

6. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

hello and welcome!

7. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

Well from what I'm understanding the best way is to talk to folks online. Maybe go to a few coffee shop. Any advice would be appreciated. Lol

8. MindControlledShepple

MindControlledShepple Member

Go to a smoke shop, like hookah lounge...

9. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

Haha I wish man. Ain't nothin like that up here. Just a few coffee shops maybe a bookstore or two.

10. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

And Thanks to everyone for your responses.

11. thismoment

thismoment Member

What kind of gathering?

12. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

The gathering I went to was just a private thing some locals had done. It was a nice environment. Id kinda like to check out the rainbow gatherings and such but with my problems id be very paranooid of the leos and such.

13. thismoment

thismoment Member

Check out area psytrance gatherings. Things like at the below link are happening. Isratrance and Facebook are where you can go to find forest gatherings. There are also a couple of festie stickies in the Events and Festivals section of HF. Last weekend I camped next to one of the djs who played at Momento (below). You don't even really have to like the music, though assuming you'll trip, the music is likely to enter you. Then you'll like it lol. Things happening all over. Not necessarily easy to find, but worth it. Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFsHNSKXVx8

1 person likes this.
  14. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

Not really a tripper.....but looks so dope. I need to get around more people that except you for what you are aand don't try to constanly change you.

15. Sallysmart

A few people tried to tell me to change but I really think it's because they wanted to be able to do their own thing and they can't so they fall into compliance instead and think everyone else should maybe so they don't feel alone, like some church going people, they follow so all should follow.
    I just move on past people like this and settle with those who see me for who I am. I never have been without friends who cared about me and allowed me to care about them, that to me is a perfect world even if others can't see it. Tis all I need. Don't care about the rest.

16. bobupnkiss

bobupnkiss Guest

I totally agree sally.....I just wish I had more people round here that were open. We are new here and its very closed off. That's why id like to find places to interact.

17. Sallysmart

I hope you find those places to interact, this is a great one for starters.

18. twixychick30

twixychick30 Member

More flower people. Lovin it!