why 5 minutes ahead??

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by RainyDayHype, May 16, 2014.

1. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Do any of you set your clock 5 or 10 minutes ahead?? Why?I've been told by ppl that they set it ahead so they can trick themselves and get somewhere in time instead of getting there late. I can't stand when people do this. It throws me off and then makes me think I'm running late... I want to know what the actual time is!!!

2. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't understand why this works for people. If I did this, I would just compensate since I know it was set ahead. My aunt used to do this to all of the clocks in her kitchen without telling her kids... worked to get them to the bus stop on time.

3. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So set the actual time on your watch and go by that.

4. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i try to set my clock to as close to the actual time as possible .. setting it 5 min ahead is nonsense, all clocks should be the same.

maybe they should try to stop bein late and that would solve the same problem ??

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

my mom has always done this and she's also late everywhere she goes so I don't think it works.

I haven't used anything but my cell phone for the time in years so I always have the exact time

6. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

Well my roommate has the kitchen microwave time set 5 minutes ahead..annoying. His clock in his car is set ten minutes ahead, doesn't make sense. I really only use my cell phone to see what time it is, and that's the correct time. He's always late. I always get to where I need to be literally on the dot. But sometimes I glance at the microwave clock and it throws me off.

7. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

only 2 minutes ahead for me!

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I did this when I used to travel daily by public transport.. Always helped me make sure I was in time to catch the train/bus. If I was one minute too late for that I was entirely too late for the first class(es).

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

10. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Not a solution if you are in Kansas City and want to know what time it is in Canberra.

11. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

Speeding attention up, slows time down.

12. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Rainy

[​IMG]

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Mine are always ten mins ahead except for the one BF wants on real time. It annoys him too but he agreed just one he checks all the time would work plus he uses his cell phone often for time.
    Ten mins ahead keeps me on time for everything, especially when peeps are coming over to offer a contract or I have appointments to be at. When I wake up I always have an extra ten mins to open my eyes and get my shit in order.
    I hate that people won't do this so they are rushing in traffic causing potential accident cases and pissing other people off. I see too many women driving like idiots while painting their eyebrows on in the rear view mirror. I honk at them and give them a finger, phony bitches, trying to get it all done because they are late and they are risking my life.
    we have a local forum site here and I started a thread on careless driving where we describe the vehicles and person inside as well as what idiotic things they are doing. It's amazing what people coulda done before driving out of the driveway in the morning, from picking their nose, that's only gotta be ten mins,,, to calling someone or applying face goop. I will even describe peeps in commercial vehicles picking the nose or texting in hopes their boss reads the local forums. Ten mins could be a good thing if you don't want your stupid moves posted where your family and co workers could learn something you don't want them to know about you.

14. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

My clocks are set within ten minutes or so on all of them so I have no idea what time it is.

15. deleted

deleted Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPQHDToZOHw"]Three Stooges - scene taken from Dutiful But Dumb - YouTube

soon I seen the title, this what I thought of..

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

The clock in bedroom-alarm clock is about 4 mins fast.

That's the only one and it works for me... because the only time that matters is the time I see when I get up and am too sleepy to think it's the wrong time or whatnot. Plus you never know where you may go where the clocks may be fast...

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It doesn't work because you wake up early and realise you're 5 mins early and you hit the snooze again.

18. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

all my clocks that I set around here, are always fast, as I set them that way, so I won't be late for anything.....and I have a few more minutes than I think I have, which is always a relief....

19. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

sometimes the crown of my watch will accidentally get adjusted when i reach in a pocket and then for a while it'll be totally off till i figure it out and fix it. its worse on certain watches with a big crown.

20. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

I set mine 30 minutes ahead. Somehow it makes me feel better to have it set 30 minutes later than when I really have to get up. I don't know why, but it helps me get out of bed, lol.