Gratitude/ ingratitude.

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Bilby, May 12, 2014.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

These days I am a glass half full person but it seems I am not the only one. I would be the first to admit I was once a glass half empty person. I am not sure if it is me changing, or is it a change in the mood of society. Gratitude is quite an old fashioned value that it would appear to me to have undergone a revival.

What does anyone else think?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I'm afraid gratitude has become a buzzword and is losing its power.

3. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Is it such a bad thing if it is a buzz word and people have more gratitude? There are actually quite good selfish reasons to have gratitude. Advertizing and marketing methods are based on creating a sense of insufficiency.What you are ungrateful for, you will eventually not have; what you are grateful for you will have more of.

I wonder if wring a script like Ryan's Daughter
    http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=486759&f=152

would go down all that well these days? The rule of writing fiction is to be in tune with the mood of today's society, not the mood of society fifty years ago.

4. thismoment

thismoment Member

I had no idea that gratitude is a buzzword. Good! Or that right here in 2014 gratitude is losing its power. I don't think so. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Anyway, my cup overflows and I'm deeply grateful.