Will doctors be obsolete in the future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by RainyDayHype, May 10, 2014.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

When most of the people are dead, yes they will be quite obsolete.

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

this ^

such a time may come upon us sooner then we expect.
    it will only be a temporary obsolescense, of course,
    unless the species becomes completely extinct.
    and then its only doctors of the species in question.

computer doctors and medical nanites may reduce the need for routine diagnosis and treatment of common ailments.

but ailments themselves, continually mutate and evolve.
    it takes sapient research to keep up with them.

and i time will come, hopefully briefly, when even that won't be able to.
    which along with simultanious famine, is what will bring about humanity's near extinction.

unless of course, we take more vigerous measures to avoid this scenario then are currently being taken.

3. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

sorry for the double post. Can't figure out how to delete it.

4. Ernesto Apocaloptimisto

Ernesto Apocaloptimisto self-banned

For me, they are obsolete now. I can't afford them and don't want to participate in the crooked system that they work in. Other than surgery, I can do anything a doctor can do and if I need surgery, I'd rather just fade on out. I wish humans would get more realistic about death and let go when the time is right. If they did, they'd live fuller lives, spending less time focused on BS, and the population wouldn't be so rediculously out of control. I view death as a positive transition though and most people, even ones thst claim to be religious are scared as hell of it so I understand when people can't understand my position.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i think people will begin to learn to heal themselves.

6. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

Not quite sure what you mean by this.. like doctor check-ups? Medical doctors, Pharmacists?

I will always see the need for doctors, if you're familiar with the program doctors without borders, they virtually serve as medics for impoverished countries, and I can't imagine that being obsolete at any point in time.

Pharmacists are quite important, though there is certainly some corruption in the business side of it-which will exist in any area/field no matter what.

Biology, microbiology, neuro-sciences are much beyond most people, possibly yourself, so maybe I need you to elaborate what you see as obsolete. Some doctors have taken into a more recreational side of giving people their genetic history through DNA samples. 1st aid for space projects is always needed, and as you said surgeons. I think you're calling the nurse obsolete here

7. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

I beleive in respomsablity for my own health, rather than dogmatically beleive all the corpotate driven drivel that is out there.

8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i can't afford healthcare and i'm not too fond of doctors.... avoid them unless emergency.... i take care of myself.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the causes of illness are not going to stop mutating. thus the need for finding new cures for new diseases will never end either.

10. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

nor people getting injured....

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

most common injuries probably could be dealt with by nanites and autodocs, but sapience is also unlikely to stop inventing new ways to injure its physical form.

illness is the big one though, because illness is itself caused by life forms, that being life forms, are constantly mutating and adopting, and being extremely small and short lived, they do so rapidly.