Plan B - morning after pill

Discussion in 'Birth Control' started by Karen_J, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Anybody ever use this? I've never had a need for it, but I know women who have. One of them thinks it's kind of kinky, since you could technically be pregnant overnight, by some people's definitions. She's kind of a perv anyway.

2. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

Never used the morning after one and I am all about natural stuff so I use herbs and natural stuff to hopefully avoid getting pregnant, so far it's worked and hopefully always will.
    I tried the pill you take daily years ago and the day before my first period after starting them I passed out cold. Was taken to a hospital for a smashed in head hitting my equipment at work on my way down. Hardly remember a thing. The next month same thing, out cold for five mins this time and everyone at work panicking and an ambulance on it's way. That meant lots of testing at a big hospital in Montreal for epilepsy and a few other thought causes. On the third drop a day before my period I figured it out, they wanted to do more tests. I just quit the pill and no more passing out.
    It was kind of hard on the head because I never even got warnings, just everything going black and down I go usually smashing something up because every time it happened at work near my radar machines. Because of this I am afraid of the morning after pill, probably quite potent but I don't really know for sure. Never fainted before or since then and it's not fun. My bosses teased me for years after that because I liked to sleep on the job.

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I've used them a few times. They are essentially a super concentrated dose of the same hormones that are in the BC pill (from what I understand).

It's a great resource for women, and it needs to be better advertized. Many of my peers don't know what it is, or how it works. So many unwanted pregnancies could be prevented with the morning after pill! These pregnancies include those that were caused by rape or incest: abortion would be much less of an issue.

The main drawbacks surrounding its use are ignorance or fear of social stigma. It's fairly embarrassing to buy from the pharmacy, especially if you are fairly young or live in a place where people you know might see you. Another drawback is that people need a prescription if they are under 17. That is difficult, since the people who really don't want to be pregnant are often under 17. And they don't always want parents to find out about their sex life.

4. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Were the side effects bad?

5. princessokay

princessokay Member

Never had any side effects.
    I'm not on birth control and have only taken the after pill under 5 times. I've yet to get pregnant.
    Just be careful is all I can say.

6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I didnt notice any, but took it on a full stomach.

7. Sallysmart

Dunno if it's changed here or not but you had to go into a clinic and pay ten bucks for one when you think you need it.
    Latest I heard is you can have them as a prescription if you are sexually active, that might encourage use when needed, many are too lazy or nervous to go to the clinic to get one when it would be easier to have them on hand. And now it would be smart for parents to deal with their kids of they think they are sexually active since there is such a pill. I remember kids getting pregnant at 16 and 17 when I was that age and saying they wish there was something or that their parents talked to them more.

8. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

When I finished high school I went to a party on the east side of Australia known as schoolies. It was a huge city event, lots of drinking and partying and there were medical staff literally handing the morning after pills out to young girls. I got my hand on a few of them as I was expecting to have some fun with a guy I'd met during the festivities.

It worked.

9. mted

mted Member

Nothing like a free pass for a hot condomless fuck :2thumbsup:

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

11. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

I'm super against taking pills to mess with my reproductive system (because I'm super paranoid about affecting that part of my body with chemicals), but I did take the morning after pill once after a one night stand with a guy that obviously had some issues.

Even though we took every precaution, he still went and bought one and I took it to appease him. It worked for me but I doubt I'll take it again just because that's not me at all.

<3 Bunnie

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

I'm assuming that number applies specifically to cases where a fertilized egg exists, since you could legitimately say that a placebo pill is 95% effective overall. The standard accepted percentage is 5% pregnancies for a single unprotected sex act without birth control, for groups of random average females in between the ages of puberty and menopause.

If I'm understanding those numbers right, the Plan B pill would drop your overall risk from 5% to well under 1%. Plan B can't possibly increase your risk by 6%, or nobody would buy it.

13. Sallysmart

I would agree with that ^^^^ because it's hard to know if you are actually pregnant, assuming you go by your schedule if it's all that good and your man is or is not not a dud shooting blanks anyway. Many would be taking it for no reason at all but it would be better to do so if not sure of many things.
    My timing is awful. I have very short periods that are hardly even noticeable most times and I don't wear protection. It lasts a couple three days with spottings a few times during those days and it's been many years like that but it can be three weeks apart or a month and a week sometimes. Docs say it's not a problem when I told them about it and said I should feel lucky rather then worried but it used to scare the hell out of me badly when it seemed late or like a false period. A few times I thought my man hooked a live one and would be running to the drug store for preg tests. I didn't want kids and especially if we hadn't planned any properly.

14. MindControlledShepple

MindControlledShepple Member

My ex used it a few times when she just had to have me cum inside of her. She never had any bad side effects except one time where she said it felt like her inside were hurting...

15. AngelAus

AngelAus Member

I probably shouldn't have done it lol but I was 17 at the time and I've never carried any condoms on me because I'm just not sure what sort I would need. I'd much rather a suitor have his own ready and on hand, later in life that would be a sign of a confident boy. The guy I was with during this though was not a complete stranger to me. I've posted before that my friends and I tended to sleep with the same guys from school so I knew where he'd been and was happy enough with that to go unprotected. He just wasn't a close friend and I was surprised to see him there. He was actually the first guy id slept with that I didn't know very well. I'd of wanted a condom if I never got my hands on the pills though.

16. NurseSteve

NurseSteve Member

Look out ladies; five old white men in Washington DC want to restrict this too.

17. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

The actual Plan B once. (Back when you needed to get it via rx).... mega doses of birth control on my own, couple times.

These were times that, even though I did want another kid in the future... the time was not then based on the medication I was on at the time.

18. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i think its supposed to work, but its expensive, it's for emergencies if something goes wrong. i think its just a huge dose of the same shit in regular birth control pills if im not mistaken

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

That's a reasonably good description.

The goal is to start your period ASAP and flush everything out. Doctors and medical researchers define the beginning of pregnancy as the moment when a fertilized egg attaches itself to the uterine wall. If an egg is flushed out before it attaches to anything, then no pregnancy takes place. Unfortunately, most religious extremists say that pregnancy begins when the egg is fertilized, so they consider this flushing to be an abortion (murder). And they don't respect people who disagree, even though the Bible doesn't say anything about the medical issue being questioned.

One complicating factor: Shortly after implantation, it is possible for an induced period to cause the microscopic egg and its fragile placenta to come loose with the thin inner lining of the uterus, which is normally shed and replaced at that time. A few days later into a pregnancy, the placenta becomes much more secure. It is only then that the woman's body has reacted enough to the presence of the egg, hormonally, that the pregnancy can be detected with a high degree of accuracy.

20. christophersmith068

christophersmith068 Members

Yes Plan B contraceptive is an efficient morning after pill and there is nothing wrong with it, it helps in preventing pregnancy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.