coming out as bi.

Discussion in 'Bisexual' started by ltdan06, May 3, 2014.

1. ltdan06

ltdan06 Guest

I want to come out to my current girlfriend which isn't a problem but I also what her to know that I also crossdress. So my question is should I come out first then wait to tell her that I also cross dress. I am bi but I am only bi when it comes to sex. I have no interest in a relationship with a man but I really enjoy cross dressing and being with a man. So what do you guys and girls think

2. Biodome1980

Biodome1980 Guest

If you come out to her then plan on her breaking up and telling everyone. I personally find it more erotic and easier on all parties to just of my gay thing without her knowledge.

3. canon9

canon9 Member

Hang on.....it's going to be a rough ride.

4. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you want to do. Coming out is going to be tough, I came out to my parents and they weren't too happy, but whatever you decide to do is you're choice. :) My boyfriend knows I'm bisexual and he's fine with it, we've build up a lot of trust and I'm glad he trusts me that much cause none of my relationships worked out due to me being bisexual. If you ever need someone to talk too ever, I'm around.

DaveTheBiGuy likes this.
  5. Blue Monday

Blue Monday Visitor

Eh, it depends on how open-minded your girlfriend is, I guess.

I have come out to my partner and some other people (I'm bisexual) - most have been accepting and don't mind, but the rest have been extremely ignorant and judgmental (I no longer associate with these people, though). There are still plenty of people I have not come out to, mainly a lot of my family, but as I have been in a heterosexual relationship for the past 4 years, I don't really feel it's any of their business what goes on in my sex life. If the time comes again that I am in another lesbian relationship, I will tell them this time. You can't hide this sort of stuff forever.

I think people should have the right come out as who are they without being judged, but the reality is our societies still have a lot of developing to do. If you absolutely can't hide who you are from your girlfriend and want her to know you - all of you - then I would tell her about the bi part when you are ready. I understand this sort of desperation to be "known" when you're in a relationship, but I think it is crucial either way that you tell her, as your sexuality is a very important part of you and you need to be with someone who accepts you for that.

As for the cross-dressing thing? Depends on how you look at it, I guess. If she is the one for you she will accept you for you, whether you tell her today or tomorrow. Breaking up with you over it would be silly, if you ask me, and if she is prepared to leave you over it, well, good riddance. I do understand that it may be a lot for her to take in with the whole bi thing already, so depending how well she takes the first part, I may give her some time to process it before revealing the next part. You can only play it by ear, I guess.

DaveTheBiGuy and look_wthin like this.