What's your next tat?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by la Principessa, Apr 18, 2014.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

LOL......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

2. crispy91

crispy91 Member

I'm getting a Pictish 3/4 sleeve, right after I get my 1/2 sleeve finished. I'm so excited because not much is known about the Picts, so this gives my artist full artistic freedom!

3. super-pimp

super-pimp Guest

im hoping my next ink will be a greywash rose with paisley shaped leafs, with my daughters name(Paisley Rose) maybe underneath the rose :)

4. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

got one or two ideas, but the design i'm working on and most excited about is a depiction of the god Palgolak from the novel Perdido street station.

“Palgolak was a god of knowledge. ... He was an amiable, pleasant deity, a sage whose existence was entirely devoted to the collection, categorization, and dissemination of information. ... Palgolak's library ... did not lend books, but it did allow readers in at any time of the day or night, and there were very, very few books it did not allow access to. The Palgolaki were proselytizers, holding that everything known by a worshipper was immediately known by Palgolak, which was why they were religiously charged to read voraciously. But their mission was only secondarily for the glory of Palgolak, and primarily for the glory of knowledge, which was why they were sworn to admit all who wished to enter into their library.”

He is depicted as a squat, fat human sitting in a bath, reading a book, floating through existence every so often glancing up to note something interesting.

I want it to be a pastiche of some traditional religious imagery but not sure exactly what style yet.

5. Bunnielight

Bunnielight Member

Got this one this weekend!

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  6. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I will be getting a few more parts of my tat done soon. I have a celtic knot on my back left shoulder and soon there will be all these wispy lines coming out of the corners of it that twist and twirl around a few other images I want done.

What I am probably doing next is the part that breaks away and goes around my left side. It will come up onto my ribs on the left and be intertwined with an elephant that will be curling it's trunk under my left boob.

I don't know if that explanation made any sense.

7. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

I got 2 butterflies done in a mirror image...with a flower inbetween..I'll try to put a pic..not easy...
    next tat session on 13 October when i'm back home from holiday in Eastern Europe.. :bulb:
    your explanation MAKES sense,Mattekat..

1 person likes this.
  8. Shale

Shale ~

I am going to Milano next week to visit a friend. Thot that was as good an excuse as any to get another tat. My tats are a record of my life so today I just finished the design on my Italia tattoo.

This is my second time in Italy exactly 40 years ago so I put two dates on it.
    The land masses will be solid, I left it lined so it would be easier for the artist.

[​IMG]

It will be about 2 inches in diameter and probably on my lower leg, either inside near another small tat or on the back, where I can put future travel tats.

Attached Files:

9. CalmJoe

CalmJoe Members

I want to do a nice tribal on my neck down the spine (approx 50 cm long) but still cant find a nice pattern

10. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

Pikachu with a Pokeball. Pokemon is my faavorate game and defined a great part of my teenage years. It made me want to be a game designer, somthing that I am getting close to making a reality.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

^
    Prepare to be judged :p

12. Shale

Shale ~

Well, in ref to my illustration of "My Next Tat"

http://www.hipforums.com/forum/topic/458123-whats-your-next-tat/?p=7765036

It did not happen in Italy as planned (Artistic disagreement with the only available tat artist in the small town). So, on my first day back I went to the local tat shop here in Miami Beach and as providence would have it my artist Sara Bella Torre is from Milano Italia - where I spent much of my 9 days in Italy. So, Mission Accomplished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Mattekat

I actually think my next tat will be a small bunch of grapes. It will probably happen before the elephant, since I want to get it done this summer before I go home, to commemorate my trip. Still trying to decide where it will be, but I am thinking probably either my foot, ankle or somewhere on my arm.

1 person likes this.
  14. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

an elephant,Kat?and grapes?good girl you...we want pics(ahah)you're a crazy girl...but...i love you...
    I'm going for next session on 13th October...most probably flowers...since I'm a flowerpower freak(hihi) :bandana:

1 person likes this.
  15. Mattekat

Haha thanks tiger! I'm gravitating towards a foot tattoo for the grapes I think. I'll take a picture when I get it done. I'm trying to pick which local artist I like and then I will get it done. I think I know who I will go with though.

That reminds me of my first tattoo. A bunch of art students came into the shop as I was having it done and asked if I would mind being the subject of their project. They had these very old black and white cameras and they took a series of photos of the needle as it went in and out of my skin. I went to see the pictures at the end of the semester when they hang everyone's art and do a little show at the University and it looked so cool!

1 person likes this.
  16. Mattekat

This thread got me motivated! I picked the artist I want to do it and I called to make my consultation appointment for next week! Can't wait!

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think I'd like a nice lion portrait. :)
    Or a wild portrait.
    Or possibly my dogs paw print?

My miss wants to design a tattoo of a fighting fish. There's some really beautiful ones but we'd like to incorporate all our 4 boys in them. I've got this design in my head that's hard to explain but basically I'd like it to be like a colorful tornado so it's starts as a pin point and works up into a swarm of colors and eventually what it really is, is the four fish chasing one another around a circle which funnels into the tornado shape. Lots of people just look at me when I try and explain. I've drawn it many times on a beer coaster at the pub and eventually they understand what I mean.

1 person likes this.
  18. Mattekat

I really like the paw print idea!

19. Ameli

Ameli Members

I want to make a ladybird on my leg to cover a scar I got from the burn, but I still haven't chosen the picture itself.

20. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

I'm thinking about getting my little sisters name tattooed, I'm not concerned about getting name tattoos I have a girl who used to be my best friend's initials tattooed on my foot with a flower design she drew for me and the nickname I gave a girl I used to work with at a summer camp in America tattooed on my hip (although that was to win a game of truth or dare)

I'm also considering getting my toes tattooed at some point.