`god man new phone is getting me into debt.

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Fairlight, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I was quite happy with my pay as you go phone.I knew what I was spending and was conservative with calls.I recently got a contract phone.The line rental is about £17.50 a month.However I just got an email saying I've spent over £20 extra on my talk-time plan.Been talking to friends too much.I have 200 minutes a month allowance but I can't believe I've been using that much.Bills,Bills ,Bills.Fucking first world problem I know,but this cock sucking world just bleeds me dry.

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and you probably just spent as much or more than your pre-pay plan for the same time.
    :(

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It seems it is normal to have a €100 phone bill now here. My housemate and many others seem to find it completely normal that it becomes that expensive, yet I pay no more than €8 a month. Why in earth surf the internet on your phone while you have it for free at home!? Oh yeah, they have to stay with the in crowd and be part of the cool stuff no matter if it leaves you broke... :p

4. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Not exactly.My Yodaphone pre-pay plan was very expensive.And I kept having to top up.But I alway new how much credit I had .Contract phones lull you into a false sense of security like "Oh I got 200 minutes,lets talk." But then I loose track of time.I'm gonna have to start timing my calls and tell my friends to text me more.I have unlimited texts,which is cool,but that's the way it's gonna have to be.

5. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

I don't surf the net on my phone.Only when I'm out and about and need to know something in an emergency.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I was talking about my housemate and most other 20 year olds around here ;)

To me 20 pounds a month for the phone bill is already expensive but I understand it is relatively cheap for most people these days...

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

relatively cheep is still more expensive then how much use one is to me.
    thus my inertia on getting one either way.

all i ever used mine for was to check the time and play tetris while waiting for a bus. and for fourty bux a month, i can buy a cheap digital watch for five bux and live without the rest of it.

(my housemates are ten years older then yours, and still half my age)

1 person likes this.