The NSA and my phone

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by TheGratefulPhish, Apr 4, 2014.

1. TheGratefulPhish

TheGratefulPhish Member

Like many kids my age I've had some...interesting phone conversations, and sent some questionable texts over a few years and I've been wondering what exactly the NSA is doing. Collecting my information? Tracking me? To add onto that my carrier is Verizon and they've been known to give away information (or so I've read). I should have never read 1984...*puts on tin foil hat and hides in my closet*

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

317.8 million people.. u r but 1.

NSA
    not seeing anything..

3. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I agree. The NSA knows who you've called and they might have your texts, but chances are very, very high that no human being has ever read them or ever will read them unless you've been in contact with a terrorist.

4. TheGratefulPhish

TheGratefulPhish Member

I never thought of that. And I don't believe I've spoken to any terrorists, haha.

5. MindControlledShepple

MindControlledShepple Member

If you've sent a text that had keywords such as a plot or intoxicants related it would be red flaged then every text and email and phone record is looked at to see if any keywords pop up from the past. Then they access. This machine does it in seconds.

6. sunfighter

No, I don't believe they scan for drug-related things. Enforcing drug laws is not the job of the NSA. You want to make sure you don't use any of the following terrorist-related keywords

7. MindControlledShepple

When you use any type of communication it bounces off a satelitte if its a keyword, then they will scan all your previous stuff. I can assure you if they spent that type of money on the technology they can pick up a drug keyword quite easily.

8. sunfighter

Of course they can. But they don't. Do you see drug-related words in the list above?

9. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

You have to be contacting certain places on the globe and/or develop certain patterns of use to some degree before you raise any attention, automated or human.
    Thinking that the random text or phone convo about drugs or even using some targeted keywords is going to send up alarm bells is plain paranoia.

Just the flood of data involved precludes the type of minute scanning of everything you suggest and is more the realm of paranoid phantasy.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

its prayer time.. ;)

11. TheGratefulPhish

TheGratefulPhish Member

That's quite a long list, with some innocent words in there. I'll have to be careful I guess... :eek:

12. MindControlledShepple

That list is not accurate at all. Dosent have simple words like shotgun, missle, rocket. Those would clearly be on there. The guy thinks that list is on point or something

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:rolleyes:
    LOL,
    they sure be comin' out o' the woodwork lately
    somebody must have left the cage door open....

14. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

I am in surveillance with the NSA and all I have to say is NICE BOOBS

15. stoner oxy80

stoner oxy80 *"Senior~Stoned~Member"*

they (the NSA) know EVERYTHING we say, text, an type.
    you just have to do something bad enough to piss them off and get their att.

(when i posted in meth making fourms) my email was sniffed once years ago, knew my user/password got right in looked around nothing bad enough i guess, there was money and bitcoin they could have stole, and none was. that,s why i think it was them, not a hacker. traced the IP that did it was a mobile phone in maylisa. yeah right, prob. a tor exit relay.

16. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I really doubt the NSA gives a shit about some texts talking about copping drugs or something.

(If so, I'm screwed...lol)

anyways...scanned those trigger words n one I can guarantee I've texted is "police" although maybe not, maybe have anyways just said cops. Hmm. But yea whatever.

17. wcw

wcw Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Aah, I've got to spread before I can rep. This is why you are one of my favorite posters.

Hahaha.

18. desert-rat

desert-rat Senior Member

What to do is to get all your friends to send each texts like this .
    00000 02356 4423 9453 75434 77432 12438 99999 , or use key phrases like " I am killing time watching the prez. " " watching congress on c-span is the bomb "
    " We are going to wal mart to buy a pressure cooker bomb " ect.

19. sunfighter

That reminds me ... some of you know, I was in the Watertown lockdown after last year's Marathon bombing. You might recall that the bombs were of the pressure-cooker type. Well, a few months later, I was moving some shit to my girlfriend's place and at one point we were driving right thru Watertown Square by the police station and she noticed that all I had in the back was a pressure cooker. I went, "Holy Shit!". That was a bad move, but I wasn't picked up.

20. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

i live right down the street from the nsa in texas.. always thought it was cool what they do