Russia capable of turning USA into dust - NEWS

Discussion in 'The Media' started by lunarverse, Mar 16, 2014.

1. RandomVegan

RandomVegan Member

I think the whole thing was actually DESIGNED to get us into the NEXT war. Have to keep the war machine going to make profits for all those contractors and rich owners.

2. OddApple

OddApple Member

And depopulate. Musn't forget that everpresent business...

3. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

4. OddApple

OddApple Member

Heh heh does it seem like they want to join before 'ol puty decides to persuade 'em?
    Aha, just playing. I suspect they see that by doing that they will be more secure in their supply and economy.

5. lunarverse

That'd be weird for Ukraine. Russia to the right, Russia to the left...

Putin apparently stated this morning that he's not planning on taking any more. Though I believe he said that about Crimea... And if the region WANTS to join, that's not an illegal move.

People are saying that Russia will later try to persuade Ukraine not to join the EU. Once everything settles down.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'd say it's already pretty fucking weird for Ukraine. First they rebelled against their president, end result: lost Crimea.

Ukraine is not allowed to join the EU yet, they first have to sort a lot of things out. Otherwise they are mainly a burden for the EU :p

7. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

8. lunarverse

Any links?

9. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

One of the reasons the Chinese government is moving its citizens into Tibet is so that they will have a majority, which I would imagine would come in handy in cases like these.

It's not just about the people who live there, it's about the resources. In a decade or so, you could probably hold a similar referendum in Vancouver and it would end up becoming part of China.

10. Asmodean

Yep :(

11. lunarverse

Is there any evidence of Russia doing this since the fall of the USSR? In Crimea or Trans-Dniester?

12. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

That's not really the point I'm making. I think my point is that people can come and go, but resources can't.

The referendum was held mostly to lend a sense of legitimacy to a land grab by Russian industrialists.

13. lunarverse

^^^ For sure.

Here's some new stuff. Far right Ukrainian MP's breaking into the office of the Chief Executive of broadcasting in Ukraine to slap him around and make him sign a letter of resignation after he said some things they didn't like on the evening news...

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-europe-26653295

14. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

A simple google search could have done it, but okay (I can't guarantee this is the same article I saw way back, but should be same message--I'm fairly sure it is though)

http://nypost.com/2010/07/04/1000s-of-russian-spies-in-u-s-surpassing-cold-war-record/

It's really as if we still are in the cold war, but the fear and paranoia has grown numb

(I added the very same link to the original post for future readers.)

15. lunarverse

Hmm.. While interesting, it doesn't seem unlike the US media, in fact it seems right up their alley, to accuse a suspected communist of being a prostitute.

16. Asmodean

Quoted for emphasis.

17. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

The Russians can turn the US into dust? Why bother? Just let our government keep doing what they're doing and the Russians won't have to lift a finger.

18. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

^QFT.

The 'Soviet collapse' was but a chess move towards world domination.

19. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Russia hasnt "pushed its luck" anywhere.

Its actually America thats committed TWO genocides in the past 10 yrs or so - Iraq and Afghanistan.

Russia is just sorting out the post 1991 mess caused by a drunk called Yeltsin. And the Nazi terrorist coups against Russians(/those who wish to be) that were caused by American greed and interference.

20. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Who won the Cold War? Russia? Prob not! America? NO, not her either.

Actually it was places like India and China. They were so far behind the US and Russia in the 80s, that it was a joke. They were probably 30 yrs behind, maybe 40. I remember visiting India. It was an absolute JOKE of a place with 1950s cars and peasants with carts. And China was WAY worse with its bicycles and shit.

But the 2 C War superpowers burnt away vast sums. And now America wants to start that shit again. A very silly move.