Western Media Prestitute

Discussion in 'The Media' started by Richard9000, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Richard9000

Richard9000 Guest

Hello.

I’m 23 and I have found myself changing a lot in the past 2-3 years. I would not have it any other way but it has left me frustrated.

Through my teenage years I had a great social life with lots of friends, but almost all of this time was spent drinking alcohol and going out to pubs/clubs. Although I do have good memories I decided it was not what I wanted to do with my life anymore. Around this time I had left University which I did not particularly enjoy, worked in a dead end call center job and had begun smoking cannabis. I would not say cannabis was directly related to me changing but it certainly was a catalyst in some ways.

I found myself craving knowledge and a desire to learn more about politics as the world was becoming a more volatile place. My eyes sharply opened to the corruption of our Western nations (USA, NATO, EU, NWO) and the endless wars we have provoked and continue to push towards. I can understand that others around me may not know the truth but with NSA/GCHQ revelations, massive austerity (wealth extraction), quantitative easing to zombie banks, drive towards and supporting civil wars in Syria, Libya, CAR (many more) & now reigniting the cold war through a coup d'etat in Ukraine putting the world on the verge of WW3 it’s becoming too much to ignore. When will society wake up to the truth and stop living in a BBC News wonderland?

The ignorance in society towards politics is made far worse by the amount of racism I have to deal with on a daily basis and it seems to be getting worse. My step father said the other day that “Russians, Israelis, Iranians, Iraqis and Afghans are all the same” meaning that they have prehistoric principals in life. He argued that their lives were worth less than ours as they’re not the same. Other family members and old friends hold similar opinions which I find so narrow minded and ridiculous generalizations of areas they know nothing of other than what they learn from the biased media organizations. I’m sick of this ‘immigrants are scroungers’ rhetoric in the media when they’re just human beings. British people should expect immigration when our governments lavish in the profits of foreign militarization & effectively acting as a catalyst for civil wars.

I feel myself becoming detached from modern values of those I am surrounded with in the North East of England (Sunderland, Newcastle) and it is hurting my social life. Although I do have close friends I have nowhere near as many as I used to. Does anybody else find themselves on a ‘different page’ to those around them or hold similar views?

RJ

2. Lafincoyote

Lafincoyote Member

It's not just a different page, it's a different book. Welcome to the tribe!