Would you forgive a Cheater?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Naiwen, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I had a GF do that to me. I couldn't stand touching her after that. We were engaged.

2. Beca012

Beca012 Member

I would forgive but would not forget. I would probably not be able to stay in the relationship because I would be paranoid or feeling bad about myself i.e. in what aspect was I not good enough that it was so easy to cheat? I think I would feel like so.

3. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

I have forgiven a cheater. I've forgiven 2 cheaters that continued to cheat.

1 person likes this.
  4. sadie_hippie

sadie_hippie Member

It would depend on the situation. I've learned over the years it's not so black and white all the time.

1 person likes this.
  5. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I got to challenge you on this notion, that one has to be a saint to point out some kind of wrong doing, it's a fallacy at best, given that historically some of the best people to detect wrongdoing, were former criminals or people who know how the "bad ones" think and work.

But if you think about it logically, there's no real reason to cheat...just break up or declare an open relationship.

6. sxynae

sxynae Members

I can forgive it but I a can also return the favor. If pushed

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He was gazing into my eyes and whispering sweet nothings in my ear, but at the same time, someone who i thought was my friend, was playing footsies under the table with him at the same time.

Now...that is cheating on so many levels....

Don't know why that quote kept going through my head.

8. Eranu

Eranu Members

Depends what you mean by cheating. If she does something behind your back it's cheating, if she's honest and upfront it isn't.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The First Time.......Perhaps...............The Second Time .......Nope.......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

10. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

One time is enough for me.

1 person likes this.
  11. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Never again.

If we decided to swing or something, it would be a consensual decision, and weird but I've thought about it. Just not sure.
    I hate when someone cheats, promises they won't again, then do it again. To impress their friends!
    Hmm...how about a big swift kick in the fucking asses for them! They always wonder why I don't blame the guy instead of them, like they want to see a fight.
    I have to remind them, you're wearing my fucking ring, not him!

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Never forgave a cheater before and never will.

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

WTF Someone resurrected one of the stupidest threads on hip ??? [​IMG]

Same answer Big snarly friend eating jungle cat NO
    Wife or Girlfriend Transgression DEPENDS ;)

Actually I just read it again and there ARE some Funny bits !

14. JoeyM51

JoeyM51 Currently locked in chastity for the last 4 years.

This may seem hippocritical but I did not forgive my ex fiancee and ex girlfreind before I met my wife. I cheated on my wife and she forgave me. Not only forgave me but started to invite her girlfreinds to join us in a threesome to keep me at home for my sexual needs. In the process she discovered why she felt excited when I had sex with other women before I had sex with her. She finally invited her best friend since childhood into our home and bed when she came out as bi.

The difference I see is that men usually cheat for the sex while women do so for emotional reasons. When I cheated it was sex for a night or two and then goodbye. No dating at all, just sex. When my former girlfriends cheated they had emotional affairs. They were going out on dates and had feeling for the other man. If they had just had a one night stand, I would have been OK with that since I am not hung up on monogamy as long as it is just sex.

15. DizzleBean

DizzleBean Members

No.. if you forgive them your opening yourself up to be cheated on again. There are somethings that are not forgivable. I also have this weird thought process only a cheater can forgive another cheater. If you cheat on your spouse and then they cheat on you, you don't have a leg to stand on therefore you have no choice but to forgive them of that fault regardless if it's intentional or not. However if you are true to your partner and they cheat, forgiveness is not required. If you want to be with someone else then save the heartache to your spouse and just end the relationship.

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I can forgive. Does that mean I'd stay? Nope.
    But it also doesn't mean I'd go.

The larger question in my mind is can a person who cheats ever be true again, to anyone?

17. LanaH102

LanaH102 Members

Had a coffee with a goog GF of mine a few days back. We were actually laughing how men are dicks and arseholes when they screw around and the psyche of women is we "Make mistakes" we both have read stories from women and have met women you have "Made Mistakes" It was just funny to have seen this comment now..

18. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

I could forgive in time... but I would never be in a relationship with that person again

19. drock69

drock69 Members

I’d forgive her, but I wouldn’t look at her the same. We’d probably break up!

20. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

I have a few times. Been forgiven too. I cannot forgive when I know but made out to be crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.