the first temporal alliance - for agnostics

Discussion in 'Agnosticism and Atheism' started by theangrycanary, Feb 21, 2014.

1. theangrycanary

theangrycanary Guest

Hi everyone. Name's Jon. New to the forum. I posted this all in the introduction section this morning. Thread got locked. So I thought I would repost it here. Let me know what you think.

So... I was raised without religion, and find the doctrines to be self contradictory, contradictory with my own observations of reality, and I find the people testifying to their veracity to be... less than credible.

However, I have had my brushes with death. And I care about my family members. Plus, I want the universe to make sense, if you know what I mean. So I was driven to study religion/science/etc. like pretty much everyone I guess, in search of the truth.

Now, I did not find the truth. I still have no clue about the ultimate truth of reality, but I did come to an interesting conclusion.

It stemmed from one thing. Why was it that when people were visited by deceased relatives, spiritual entities, etc. These entities were so damned mysterious?

I was constantly frustrated. I was like, look, if ONE GHOST would just come back and tell us what was going on, then all of the confusion could be banished. Why the mystery? WHY?

Then one day I was reading an article, about some physicists saying that they had observed subatomic particles moving back in time.

I thought it was ridiculous at first. And so I set out to prove that the scientists were lying. What happened instead, was that I realized that I had not understood 'time' correctly before. And I finally understood how a particle could be observed to move backwards through time.

So of course I was thinking about time travelers, and how crazy it was that one day time travel might be real. Which made me wonder though... why don't I ever see time travelers?

And then I realized... oh yeah. They would have to be mysterious. They couldn't interact too strongly because-

And that's when it hit me. It was like all these things I had been studying, I had been thinking of as entirely separate. Religion and spirituality on one hand. Science on the other. Totally unrelated.

But in that moment, the two things were so obviously the same thing. Time travelers, with advanced technology, limited by the constraints of physics and laws, were messing with people. Not all powerful beings.

The more I looked into my theory and tested it out. The more sense it made.

And thus was born my idea. The first temporal alliance.

Basically, its like a religion for agnostics. I don't claim to understand the entire universe. The beginning or the end. The reason behind everything. But I believe there is a high probability that at some point in the future, people will develop the ability to travel into parallel realities, different futures, and pasts. And they will also be able to transport the consciousness of a person from one body to another.

And of course, people will want to save the lives of deceased relatives. And they could do this without interfering with the course of history, by opening up a portal right before they died, and transporting some energetic matrix of their body into the 'future'.

I also felt that these different realities, and futures would be competing for resources and the RIGHTS to peoples' consciousness. Because that is what I see in reality right here. And it matches everything I have ever heard about the 'spiritual' realm.

So I figure its all already happening. And the only way to make sure that when I die, or my relatives die, that I get to a reality where I am not a slave or in some type of negative situation, is to belong to an organization of people that will make sure this doesn't happen.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I hope you realize this is a long shot. You're making quite a speculative leap of faith on the basis of some scientists' interpretation about time and particles. A true agnostic would probably suspend judgment pending more data. I'd suggest you rename your proposed organization to something with a New Age appeal.