I got a Diva Cup

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by asphodelblade, Feb 8, 2014.

1. asphodelblade

asphodelblade Guest

And I fucking love it!

Here's why...

It's a little silicone cup that you shove up your vagina and it just sits there all day. You push it in until the cup isn't sticking out and your vagina just puts it where it needs to go. It doesn't feel hard like a tampon ever, and while I personally find it hard to poop with a tampon in I don't feel that way with the Diva cup. You don't have to take it out for like 12-14 hours. Aaand... there's a measuring thing inside so you know about how much blood you lose in that amount of time. So far I haven't reached 15 ml. SO COOL!

It may also just be a perfect way to smuggle cocaine, or pot or whatever on an airplane. just saying. (very small amount though.) If you decide to try this please let me know how it goes.

I probably wouldn't recomend it to virgins, but shit, it's $40, and no excess waste to the environment other than the package.

I just had to share. Go DIVA CUP!

2. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

diva cups are awesome! they're convinient, economic, don't have to buy stuff, and better for the environment

3. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I've been thinking about getting one myself. Errr.... Not for drug smuggling though.

.... How do you pull it back out?

4. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I used to have one. And try and try as I did to get the darn thing to sit comfortably where it was supposed to I just could not get it to work.

I gave up pretty quickly though.... I'm sure I could have gotten it...eventually?

5. Driftwood Gypsy

don't put it too far in, or you'll have a really difficult time getting it out! use thumb and finger, squat and pull!

6. Driftwood Gypsy

i certainly had my share of a few akward cycles.... you have to get used to it.

7. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

I tried one several years ago before I had kids and it was really uncomfortable for me. I would try again, but I found these other disposable cups called "insteads" in the local grocery store so I bought that "instead" and they are cheap and I've gotten used to them. I like them a lot.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've heard one problem with the diva cup is needing to clean it in public restrooms but I guess if you can keep them in for 12 hours that should be easy enough to work around.

I tried the cheap disposable cups years ago but they didn't really work for me, I think it leaked if I recall correctly

9. Harpoe

Harpoe Member

I've been thinking about getting one. Is it messy when you take it out? And can you sleep with it in?

10. naturegirl1

naturegirl1 Member

I have a colleague at work who is a convert & has been trying to convince me to use one, but at 57 (nearly!) and on HRT, my periods will not last much longer, so I think I'll stick to what I've used for years....the good old tampon!

11. usedtobehoney

usedtobehoney Senior Member

Ugh...it's been so long since I used a tampon, I would much rather use pads. The cups feel soooo much better for me, but it does take a few tries to get used to it and figure out the right way to use it...which makes me think I would probably love the diva cups if I gave them another chance. There's a lot of different cups out there now though, so it's hard to choose which ones to try.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

when you get used to it, it may be messy. but eventually you'll get used to doing it mess free. yes you can sleep with them, since they are chemically inert unlike tampons.

if it leaks it might be the wrong size or inserted wrong. if you can't clean it, just take it out, empty and replace.

I've been using my diva cup for over a year now. it's great for liveaboard life where you can't flush them or take out trash as regularly. in no time they pay for themselves in all the tampons and pads you'd buy. they're better for the environment, no waste. and they're just silicon, chemically inert, so there's no (recorded) risk of TSS. no tampons to trash and carry around, no pads that feel like diapers and make pants look bad!

13. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

I love my diva cup, I wouldn't go back to pads or tampons! I got used to it pretty quickly, after just a few trials I was able to put it in place comfortably like an old pro. I never had any problem with it either, I love the fact it's 100% leakproof when inserted correctly, no risk of TSS, plus it reduces the waste I produce and makes me save quite a lot of money in the long run.

14. HotPink816

HotPink816 Members

Oh, my couz mentioned about this. Hmm. Yes, environment-friendly, but dunno if I this is gonna be my cup of tea.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Hold your nose and mouth when you sneeze