Whole wheat is not healthy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pressed_Rat, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Despite all the evidence that has emerged, I am still hearing health recommendations that include inflammatory, glucose spiking whole grains, and wheat is by far the worst. Not only is whole wheat immediately converted to glucose, but it also contains gluten, phytic acid (which leeches nutrients from the body), and wheat lectin (also known as WGA -- wheat gluten agglutinin) which is:

Pro-Inflammatory: WGA lectin stimulates the synthesis of pro-inflammatory chemical messengers, even at very small concentrations

Immunotoxic: WGA lectin may bind to and activate white blood cells

Neurotoxic: WGA lectin can pass through your blood-brain barrier and attach to the protective coating on your nerves, known as the myelin sheath. It is also capable of inhibiting nerve growth factor, which is important for the growth, maintenance, and survival of certain neurons

Cardiotoxic: WGA lectin induces platelet aggregation and has a potent disruptive effect on tissue regeneration and removal of neutrophils from your blood vessels

Cytotoxic (Toxic to cells): WGA lectin may induce programmed cell death (apoptosis)

1 person likes this.
  2. egger

egger Member

'Whole wheat' in the U.S. doesn't necessarily mean whole wheat. It is legal to label wheat as 'whole wheat' if it is refined white flour with bran added. Such a product lacks the wheat germ and the original inherent micronutrients of the germ which contains many of the micronutrients of the whole grain. Some of the micronutrients that are found in the germ can be added from an external source to make what is known as enriched flour.

Some flours in the U.S. that are labeled 'whote wheat' actually are true whole wheat flour and are made from grinding the entire whole grain which includes the germ.

3. egger

egger Member

4. Bud D

Bud D Member

I like wheat bread, don't fuck with my wheat bread bro!

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Damn....

This is an old thread.

6. egger

egger Member

An article that presents gene-based arguments that contradict claims that gluten is the source of problems such as celiac disease.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/05/opinion/sunday/the-myth-of-big-bad-gluten.html?_r=1

Excerpt:

"Are the gluten haters correct that modern wheat varietals contain more gluten than past cultivars, making them more toxic? Unlikely, according to recent analysis by Donald D. Kasarda, a scientist with the United States Department of Agriculture. He analyzed records of protein content in wheat harvests going back nearly a century. It hasn’t changed.

Do we eat more wheat these days? Wheat consumption has, in fact, increased since the 1970s, according to the U.S.D.A. But that followed an earlier decline. In the late 19th century, Americans consumed nearly twice as much wheat per capita as we do today.

We don’t really know the prevalence of celiac disease back then, of course. But analysis of serum stored since the mid-20th century suggests that the disease was roughly one-fourth as prevalent just 60 years ago. And at that point, Americans ate about as much wheat as we do now.

Overlooked in all this gluten-blaming is the following: Our default response to gluten, says Dr. Jabri, is to treat it as the harmless protein it is — to not respond.

So the real mystery of celiac disease is what breaks that tolerance, and whatever that agent is, why has it become more common in recent decades?"

7. egger

egger Member

8. egger

egger Member

Mat Lalonde. AHS11 presentation. "Organic Chemist's Perspective Paleo Mathieu Lalonde."

It discusses lectin and a variety of topics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNrne7SjWao

9. egger

egger Member

It's cut and paste from the Mercola website. Sources should be cited when posting the writings of others.

10. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

yes please keep resurrecting this thread egger

11. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Do you have some serious mental health issues or are you just a moron? This thread is from years ago, and much of what I posted back then I no longer believe.

Mercola is a fraud, and I no longer follow his work. I thought I made this clear.

12. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I only like White brad but now you cna only find it with "ENRICHED WHEAR FLOUR"

They are forcing this garbage on everyone!! -- NO..... WHEAT IS NOT GOOD FOR US!!