Why are feminists so despised by so many people?

Discussion in 'Feel Good Feminism' started by fraggle_rock, Jan 27, 2014.

1. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I'd like to hear from the actual feminists on this one... assuming they're not afraid to express themselves here anymore. I really don't need a laundry list of what feminists think or what you believe they think, because it's probably bullshit anyways.

It seems to me that a lot of people who rail against feminists don't really understand what they're railing against--they're reacting to something that they've never actually taken the time to fully understand.

I found this online:

http://everydayfeminism.com/2012/12/6-reasons-why-so-many-people-believe-feminism-hates-men/

and it seems to do a pretty good job of summarizing why there's a lot of hate for feminists.

2. redgingergirl

redgingergirl Member

http://agentorangefiles.com/

In this next video the conference of feminists were angry that the church spoke out against abortion. So when the feminists started rioting the men left thier homes, locked arms around thier church and prayed while the feminists spit on them and abused them verbally, physically, and sexually. The police that were present did not stop the women from abusing these men. The police were only there to make sure the women were safe from the men defending themselves. The police were quoted saying "What can we do? They are women."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOCD_T9Qqpc"]Feminists attack Argentina cathedral - YouTube

This happened during a national women's conference of approximately 24-25 thousand feminists and about 7000 took to the streets rioting. This is around one quarter of the attendees, not an insignificant minority of the feminist movement who are radical. This is one example of why feminists are hated so much and labelled a hate group.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

There's just more important shit to worry about IMO.
    Feminists and atheists and über religious people just like get on with life and shit, ya know? It's tiresome.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

From the thread starter's article:

If feminism is about equalizing both genders, why don't you ever hear feminists press the issue for male inequalities in our society? Women are less likely to be arrested for the same crimes men commit. When a wedded couple gets divorced, the wife gets most if not all the benefits. While the men most likely loses access to his kids and a majority of the material possessions. When was the last time you saw a feminist protest that car insurance for males is higher than females? Don't give me that "males are more aggressive drivers" sexist crap. Law enforcement is generally softer on women, and are more likely to give them leeway. Insurance companies know that men are more likely to get tickets, and therefore they exploit this by making auto insurance more costly. I had an old girlfriend back in high school cry her way out of an attempted hit and run. She got no ticket for slamming into a parked car and trying to get away.

It is relevant because:

As long as it has a feminist-supremacy image, they will not get male support, and the rest of the rational females will not want anything to do with the war on men, and feminism will fall. Do you think the civil rights movement would have been successful if no white person supported it?

LOL What a piss-poor excuse. There's so many things wrong with this I don't know where to begin. This author justifying an excuse to have female inequalities the main focus of societal progress, while casting men's inequalities aside. Females may have had a lot more disadvantages over a century ago, that doesn't mean we only need to focus on privileging only the female gender. Liberals seem to use history as an excuse to guilt trip people who took no part in past way of life. Which is clearly what the author is trying to do.

I'm for gender equality. I want women to make as much for the same labor that men do. I don't want them to make more just because they have a vagina. This is where "Equality" becomes irrelevant.

5. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Sorry to tell you but, by definition, you are a feminist.

6. 6-eyed shaman

If that's the case, then it makes no difference to me. I'm not one who focuses much on labels.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Someone on here said the other day that feminism is the biggest problem society is facing right now. I think that's the most hyperbolic statement I've ever read on HF.

In all fairness, there are some feminists out there who believe women are better than men. And also in all fairness, they are a minority of women who call themselves feminist and an even smaller minority of women in general.

There is a minority of men who think they are better than women also but you don't see me worried about it.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So, are there any feminists here to answer this?

9. gendorf

gendorf Senior Member

because they act like men, instead of acting like women.
    they become what they rise up against.

10. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm still not seeing answers by anyone who identifies as a feminist.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Because people are small. And conservative. Men who denigrate women for mentioning any rights they feel they need are particularly small. Little teeny motherfuckers. Those types remind me of the way women are treated in the middle east. "Yeah---suck this-here dick, get back in the kitchen and godammit-don't worry 'bout no rights. I'll let you know what you need--and when you need it." Pffffttt.

1 person likes this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Have you been to the middle east, scratcho?

13. 6-eyed shaman

Eggsprog called me a feminist. Does that count?

14. scratcho

No, so I'm sure I'm wrong. Never been to Haiti either, but I'm told they had quite a bad time recently. I can't prove it though, as I haven't been there. Never been to the South Pole, but I'm told it's cold there. Your point would be?

15. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

lol

16. newbie-one

By the same token, I don't know why so many people hate the second Iraq war. I mean, that was just about bringing freedom to the Iraqi people, and protecting the free world from WMD's and terrorism. Don't people understand that Sadam Hussein was the one behind 911?

Clearly, anyone who was opposed to the second Iraq war is a terrorist.

17. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

You're comparing an ideology to a war?

18. newbie-one

when the shoe fits...

19. scratcho

Reminds me of the tribe in ---------- that worships the mighty Foo Bird. They release it from its cage twice a year and it flies over the worshippers heads and shits on them and they must keep it on themselves for a period of time. The greatest insult is to wipe it off!! If you are a visitor to this ceremony--you must tolerate this. In other words--if the Foo shits --wear it.

20. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

What about when it really really doesn't?

If you're going to make an analogy, why not compare it to something like Nazism? You'd get the same thoughtless gut-reaction without the added complication of comparing ideas to events.