do you believe life is an illusion?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by The Instinct, Jan 14, 2014.

1. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

I certainly do! why do you?

2. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

theres an infinite number of ways to question reality when in all likelihood things are as they seem

3. How do things seem?

2 people like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

5. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

why do I what?

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

^what Einstein said.

7. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

Of course it is an illusion---it is based on something that does not even exist in physical reality, except for an infinitely small moment, but what is infinitely small, but nothing; and it is that which exists simultaneously clear across time, from time's very beginning to time's very end, and all points in between all of which occurs, once again, at an infinitely small instantaneous moment----I am talking about light.

8. Ice_Cool

Ice_Cool Member

Yes, it is much like an illusion, it is real by all means but it should not be our goal. This life is just like a pass by road leading to the REAL eternal life the one we will get into after the judgment day.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Einstein kind of in a way showed that time doesnt exist, but he got the Quantum Entanglement thing wrong though which kind of shows space doesnt exist either.

Then theres the Holographic Principle, the way things change scale to their surface not volume, so kind of in a way gravity doesnt exist either.

They've kind of already shown, space, time and gravity dont exist.

I keep saying kind of, cos they do exist, at least to the way we see it, but they can all be broken down to the effect of something else

10. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

some great educated replies here! I like it!

11. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

I sometimes wish we really could get rid of religion! I kinda feel like it keeps us in an illusion! people believe what some of these religions say! and religion to me is pretty uneducated! sometimes going on blind faith just isn't enough! at least not for me it isn't!!

Oddduck and canon9 like this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If it wasnt religion it would just be replaced by something else, another set of rules about what everyone else should do for the person quoting the rules without much thought about anyone else.

13. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

true but still, its just what "I" believe and "feel" I know it would never happen

14. Cosmic_Traveler

Cosmic_Traveler Guest

Life is most definitely an illusion. Reality is all about perception and previous experiences.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't. Life is not an illusion. But this makes me wonder:

Some of the people in this thread seem to treat the question "is life an illusion?" as the same question as "is reality an illusion?" like they are the same... :confused:

Persistent.

I went through this phase as well :p But... if I understand you correctly you believe life is already an illusion. So what's religion doing wrong in that regard?

16. I know this wasn't addressed to me, but I think there is more to life than what we can grasp with our senses, and in that way it is illusory. But that is a really vague sort of illusion, whereas religions try to define the illusion and that's why they suck.

2 people like this.
  17. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbn6a0AFfnM"]Joni Mitchell - Both Sides, Now [Original Studio Version, 1969] - YouTube

18. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

The illusion...

Hi, how are you? I'm fine, thank you. How are you? I'm good.

The reality...

(insert your own mental activity here)

19. The Instinct

The Instinct Member

very true! it would be replaced by something else! theres always blame in this world! someone/somebody/something else did it!

20. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

life is what it is, it is an experience. if it is an illusion, then what do you call real?