Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop
Photo
- - - - -

Wish You Could Go Back and Do School All Over Again?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted January 09 2014 - 08:09 PM

Private Tutor to take you through it all again???

I sometimes wish I could go back in school to do better, buy my text books, and keep all my work.

My thought is that if I am able to afford it ever, maybe getting myself a Private Tutor and having him or her take me through all the regular grades again.

#2 Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose

• PipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts

Posted January 11 2014 - 12:12 AM

Hello,

I sometimes wish I could go back in school to do better, buy my text books, and keep all my work.

My thought is that if I am able to afford it ever, maybe getting myself a Private Tutor and having him or her take me through all the regular grades again.

is no accepted as an answer? Doing stuff all over again is mighty boring. There are new universes to explore.

Regards
Gyro

#3 honeybooboo

honeybooboo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:08 AM

Na, school is for people who will lead boring simplistic lives. I got great grades and at 24 looking back like damn it if I had only followed my heart and passions Id be loaded by now

#4 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:15 AM

I don't wish I could go back to school. I know that if I did go back I would definitely take it more seriously now than I did then but that comes with age I think. I had a blast in high school and I somehow managed to graduate. That was the important part. The post high school education I got I excelled at. No regrets there.

This is like a dream come true... Rollin and ruby back in chat together! Better than the spice girls reunion~Asfandyar13

#5 Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose

• PipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:22 AM

Hello,

I don't wish I could go back to school. I know that if I did go back I would definitely take it more seriously now than I did then but that comes with age I think. I had a blast in high school and I somehow managed to graduate. That was the important part. The post high school education I got I excelled at. No regrets there.

high school seems to be not much fun in general. Anyways, while I don't like to repeat things, I enrol in new and different classes just for the kicks. Coming from EE and IT I'm now studying physics.

Regards
Gyro

#6 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 24,246 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:24 AM

Na, school is for people who will lead boring simplistic lives. I got great grades and at 24 looking back like damn it if I had only followed my heart and passions Id be loaded by now

Posted Image

#7 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hello,

high school seems to be not much fun in general. Anyways, while I don't like to repeat things, I enrol in new and different classes just for the kicks. Coming from EE and IT I'm now studying physics.

Regards
Gyro

I had a blast in high school. It was a great escape from the chaos that was happening in my real life at that point. You have NO idea what my life was like at that point. School was the lesser of all evils at that time. I did everything I could to not be home.

I still have to take continuing education classes for my profession. I take above and beyond what I'm required to take because I enjoy learning. I'm always looking for different classes to take in my field. Usually the classes are only 4-8 hours long though. Not a reoccurring class over many weeks.

This is like a dream come true... Rollin and ruby back in chat together! Better than the spice girls reunion~Asfandyar13

#8 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,633 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:29 AM

i have no real interest in repeating school itself, although do kind of miss playing sports, and i wouldn't mind a second chance at some of those girls that i didn't realize i had a chance with until it was too late.

#9 RubyS0h0

RubyS0h0

Organized Chaos

• PipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:34 AM

i have no real interest in repeating school itself, although do kind of miss playing sports, and i wouldn't mind a second chance at some of those girls that i didn't realize i had a chance with until it was too late.

I agree, except with guys, not girls. I wasn't a whore but I made out with my fair share of guys. I was a kiss whore. :D There were a few others that would have been fun to make out with. Missed opportunities. In the end we only regret the chances we did not take.

#10 Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose

• PipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:36 AM

Hello,

I had a blast in high school. It was a great escape from the chaos that was happening in my real life at that point. You have NO idea what my life was like at that point. School was the lesser of all evils at that time. I did everything I could to not be home.

OK.

I still have to take continuing education classes for my profession. I take above and beyond what I'm required to take because I enjoy learning. I'm always looking for different classes to take in my field. Usually the classes are only 4-8 hours long though. Not a reoccurring class over many weeks.

Enjoying the learning process, that is the point. At least for me. I don't see it as a way to make more money or advance my career. It's just fun.

Regards
Gyro

#11 Piaf

Piaf

• PipPipPip
  • 24,246 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:37 AM

Meh, I can't wait to be done with school.

#12 Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose

• PipPipPip
  • 4,009 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hello,

after 10 years in school I joint the work force, went back to school/university, joint the work force again and now I do both, maybe I'm on transition again. After being in school for a couple of years I had the desire to do something different. And after doing engineering work for a couple of years I have the desire to go back to university or a research facility. So, your opinion might change, too ;).

Regards
Gyro

#13 LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold

Cuz it will if you let it

• PipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hello,

after 10 years in school I joint the work force, went back to school/university, joint the work force again and now I do both, maybe I'm on transition again. After being in school for a couple of years I had the desire to do something different. And after doing engineering work for a couple of years I have the desire to go back to university or a research facility. So, your opinion might change, too ;).

Regards
Gyro

Oh the irony

#14 LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold

Cuz it will if you let it

• PipPipPip
  • 7,986 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 11:59 AM

I do want to take more classes, but not to do anything over. I would like to learn more not the same shit I already know. I dislike repetition.

#15 nz male

nz male

• PipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 01:22 PM

Some years at school where better than others -my teen years were the best

#16 youfreeme

youfreeme

•  Supporters
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 03:40 PM

Are you still in medical school? When do you think you will be done?

#17 Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted January 12 2014 - 09:37 PM

I wish I could go back and not have student loans!!!
No one told me anything about them or the interest.
And then I had to go to a highly accredited school, no less, so that I can pay
out the butt for most of my life. :(

#18 I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear

voice of sexy

• PipPipPip
  • 38,633 posts

Posted January 13 2014 - 07:50 PM

I wish I could go back and not have student loans!!!
No one told me anything about them or the interest.

seems like someone must have told you something about them, or you wouldn't have known they existed and wouldn't have had them in the first place.

#19 Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla

Go Ape

• PipPipPip
  • 12,323 posts
  • LocationDown Under

Posted January 13 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hell no, If I could get a rewind I'd go back make sure I finished high school by 12, Uni by 14. What a waste of time it was, could have condensed it all down by 3,4 years at least

#20 Already in Use

Already in Use

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 04:48 AM

I would have gone back and not gone to college. But, I'll probably would have looked into vocational training for the shop class I was in, in high school. Now, I'm too scared to go get vocational training for the shop class I was in because honestly I don't think I remember anything because I was busy in college. Oh, and I would have skipped the grade I could have skipped and taken the stuff I could have taken in grammar school and high school that would have speeded things up.

#21 Anaximenes

Anaximenes

• PipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 06:37 AM

I'd practice restraint. I'd seduce a woman and then get married as soon as possible. Vietnam would look confusing, but the Americans would then to me would not be right for justice and liberty. I'd understand what illegal is from unjust war.

God is Dead.

#22 Sallysmart

Sallysmart

Raynstorm Serenade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts
  • LocationIn your face

Posted July 06 2014 - 06:56 AM

I wouldn't want to go back as it was, I'd go back with my own pickings of what to learn. A lot of what I did learn was a waste of time.
Funny I did miss it at one point and for a good few years I was totally horny for more education so I took many things I wanted to learn, some at home and some through the university here. It paid off too. Got me where I am now and I still want to take a few courses but I doubt I will because I know I don't really need them. Had I known what I really wanted to do with my life I would have done this years ago but I can't say I regret doing any of the work I did.
A lot of what I'd like to learn now has to do with moving from what I do now into some other related positions but I really don't want to leave what I am doing now so best I stick with what I have and leave that learning for another life I might come back to, haha.
School wasn't bad tho but I still say lots was a waste of my time and theirs. Sometimes I think it's just a place to plant kids for 12 years so parents get a break.

Just call me Sally, I am not that smart, ;)

#23 Meliai

Meliai

• PipPipPip
  • 11,522 posts

Posted July 06 2014 - 09:14 AM

I wish I could go back to the point where I decided not to go to the college of my dreams even though I was accepted. I can't really remember now why I decided not to go but I would like to kick my younger self for making that decision.

It isn't really about education though, just life experience. The school was in a really cool city and I think I would have really enjoyed living there for a few years

Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens ~Tolkien

#24 themnax

themnax

• PipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts
  • Locationa small green planet in a distant galaxy

Posted July 08 2014 - 04:56 PM

nope.

wish i could take any class i want, at any college or university i feel like it, and have access to their science and engineering libraries and be able to check things out form them, for free, for ever.

but i wouldn't want to relive any part of my life i was a legal ward/dependent of anybody. i'd rather relive times i lived by myself out in the woods then any time i've ever had to live with anybody.

nothing against my current company. they're probably the best people i ever have lived with. i've just always felt happier and safer alone.

but there well never be an end to all the things more i would love to take classes in and learn.

my nation is the imagination

this is the dawning of the age of zootopia

and thank god i'm not quite human

=^^=
.../\...

#25 Irminsul

Irminsul

Valkyrie

• PipPipPip
  • 15,870 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Deutschland

Posted July 08 2014 - 05:27 PM

Nah I learned everything I needed to, got out of uni with a sports medicine degree, put in the effort.
Red, white, black are our true colours
For these colours we will fight!
Red, white, black will crush the enemy
And will bring back what is right!

#26 Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy

• PipPipPip
  • 6,208 posts

Posted July 08 2014 - 05:36 PM

Nope, I had a great experience. Although I'm only half finished paying for it.

#27 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman

; ; ; P

• PipPipPip
  • 3,542 posts
  • Locationwouldn't beleive me if I told ya

Posted August 02 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yeah sometimes I wish I could. I had a blast in college. When I was in high school, I thought I wanted to go into building hot rods and restore classic cars and go to tech school for that. I apprenticed for who ran his own auto restoration shop; I learned lots just working with him. But he fell into all sorts of financial and legal problems with his significant other. He became an alcoholic out of depression of all the situations he was being put into. Every day I had to run to the liquor store and pick him up a handle of very cheap vodka, otherwise he wouldn't work. But if he got too drunk, he became unproductive. He told me how much he hated his life and wished he'd have taken it a different direction. This convinced me not to follow this dream. Instead I got a liberal arts degree, and later a product design degree, a field with not a lot of opportunities. After graduating from both institutions, I worked a shitty mindless job before I finally found a client who'd take me seriously enough to hire me for freelance work. College was a blast, I would totally go back again and study car customization and mechanics, and do something I'm more passionate about. I guess I could go into that without a college degree though, but it would have made the process much easier. I'm very fickle about my career path, and I keep bouncing back and forth.

I would totally re-live college all over again. I'm still dwelling on a girlfriend I met in college who was the one that got away. I would relive those events again if it meant having a second chance with her.

Pardon Julian Assange

9e48d74a-9037-431f-a117-7763e16bed79_zps

#28 Heat

Heat

Smile, it's contagious! :)

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,584 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted August 02 2014 - 02:24 PM

I have to update in order to keep doing what I do so I actually have always had to stay current and never totally stopped my "education". I love learning so that has not been an issue. I honestly can not imagine not taking classes or reviewing material.

gallery_10_10951_30242.gif

The dew of compassion is a tear.
Lord Byron

Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.
Dalai Lama

#29 skip

skip

If you don't know me by now...

• Administrators
  • 12,251 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted August 07 2014 - 09:59 AM

I pretty much couldn't wait to get out of "school". :)

Check out my Travel Journal!

#30 the_doors_of_perception

the_doors_of_perception

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted August 09 2014 - 01:20 AM

I graduated college this May and would go back now if I could. Best four years of my entire life...the funny thing is, almost every amazing thing happened during the last semester of my senior year. xD