candy and a Chat bun..

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by deleted, Jan 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

im going to go to bed before midnight tonight. i have to get stuff done tomorrow. so. much. stuff. its supposed to be 56* tomorrow, so once it warms up ill probably get some work done outside.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiRMD_v2K0g"]Day 1 [ 3 years - lip sync everyday ] - YouTube

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

just got back from the gymnasio

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Obie is adorable. That is one lucky dog. :2thumbsup:

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

atavan IV knocked me down like elephant. now im up again like gorilla..

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

couple inches of snow overnight. the dog likes it, gives him some traction. the whole city has just been a sheet of ice for the last few days.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Rock icon Neil Young and the Canadian government don't see eye to eye on the country's oil sands energy projects and they most definitely have different views on how rock stars live. Young, who was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1995, began a four-stop concert tour this week to support the efforts of First Nations indigenous groups to stop the mining of the oil sands, a process in which the heavy crude is extracted from the sand, minerals and water with which it is mixed.
    Young says the mining damages the environment and the Canadian government is not honoring treaty obligations with First Nations groups in allowing it, according to CBC News reports.
    The government says the mining benefits Canada's economy and standard of living.
    "The resource sector creates economic opportunities, and employs tens of thousands of Canadians in high wage jobs, contributing to a standard of living that is envied around the world, and helping to fund the programs and services Canadians rely on," Jason MacDonald, a spokesman for Prime Minister Stephen Harper, said Monday, according to a CBC report.
    "Even the lifestyle of a rock star relies, to some degree, on the resources developed by thousands of hard-working Canadians every day," MacDonald continued. And that's where Young begs to differ.
    "Rock stars don't need oil," Young replied in a statement, according to the CBC. "I drove my electric car from California to the Tar sands and on to Washington DC without using any oil at all and I'm a rock star. My car's generator runs on biomass, one of several future fuels Canada should be developing."
    There's evidence to back up Young on that point. In a blog post dated September 3, he talks about driving his "Lincvolt," a modified 1959 Lincoln Continental, on a trip from San Francisco to Alberta.
    "On my recent trip to Fort Mac in Alberta, I drove Lincvolt about 1800 miles from San Francisco running on Cellulosic Ethanol fuel. I have chosen to use Ethanol, a much cleaner fuel created from plants nourished by the sun and rain and grown by farmers rather than run on gasoline," Young's blog post said.
    It does go on to point out that on the way out of Alberta, Young ran out of the ethanol fuel for the Lincvolt and couldn't find any in Canada.
    No word on how he got the car back on the road. Let's hope it didn't require a tow truck because, then, a rock star would need oil. Maybe.

8. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

would young be a rock star without oil? all the people that drive to his shows cant afford his fancy car. and all the tens of thousands (if that is accurate) people couldnt afford the tickets or cds if they were working at tim hortons instead of working in their new jobs.

hey im all for sacrificing for the environment. but only if i can actually make a living.

9. eggsprog

What they are doing to the tar sands is criminal. Our federal government only thinks in the short term and has no respect for Canada's Aboriginal peoples. They make me ashamed of my country.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

that little motherfucker got his own jet airplane, that little motherfucker hes a millionaire..

11. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

snowing like a champion here....I have to go outside and get my yard tools before I cant find'em

I don't give a fuck if neil young used oil...he's using his fame to raise money for a good cause....he could easily play an arena and keep the money....instead he is donating millions from the entire tour to a wonderful cause

not to mention he co founded farm aid with willie nelson....he has done lots to help people and should not be slagged here:)

12. eggsprog

Yeah snowing a lot here too now. Really makes me want to skip school so I dont have to go wait for the bus.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I went in to see if I could get a deal on a bong from my butane guy....I figured he'd remember me.....

he said he would give me 10% off and when I said i'd think about it he said ''I give you discount and you no buy....you hurt me''....lol....said in a thick Chinese accent

14. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

reminds me of an indian guy... i stopped at a gas station and asked for directions and he said "you buy gas? you buy gas? and walked away. i yelled ill buy some gas come back. he still walked away so i yelled YOU FUCK YOU FUCK....pretty much over and over until he got to the building and closed the door. i left the gas station and 20 feet later was a bridge. i went over the bridge and the first place on the right was the place i was looking for.

15. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Snowing out there again. In from our walk and drinking :coffee:

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

^^^ This!

And I'm not from Canada, but do support your First Nation groups.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Oh! and :coffee:

18. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

we should be recycling our garbage plastic back into oil, and we should be investing in other forms of energy. not only are we running out of "easy" oil (making finding and harvesting oil safely far more difficult, deepwater horizon, anyone?) but the nature of harvesting alternative sources of oil, like the tar sands, is different. it is more dangerous if something goes wrong. it sinks in water. no booms are going to stop sludge in the bottom of a river or lake.

we should sit on the oil we have, and try not to waste it. we should invest in solar and wind, and geothermal energy. and other alternatives too. if we dont, then what will we do when the oil IS gone? oh, i guess we should have looked harder at the alternatives. shoulda woulda coulda, but didnt. and now you have to try to figure out what to do while there is an oil shortage and probably riots as well. thats an environment conducive to learning. NOT.

this is also one of the reasons im so fascinated be the ways people lived BEFORE modern amenities. i like having a doctor, a dentist, a grocery store. but humans did not always have theses things, and we have STILL managed to infect the planet with our presence. and after the black death eliminated so many of us!

in other news, i cant find my pruning shears. i need new ones anyway, but i wanted to deal with the roses before i do inside chores. they are bright orange, and hard to misplace, but ive managed to do it. grumble.

19. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I just want to point out we were polite to each other during our conversation ....I like the dude....only guy in town stocks cases of 4 different kinds of butane....gives a case discount.......dude is right out of a movie

the other day....water overtaking my road

20. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

almost 420......where is everyone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.