study buddy?

Discussion in 'Other Languages' started by dreadzyahhmann22, Jan 4, 2014.

1. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

I am currently studying russian, and i was wondering if ne body else is, or if there is someone who speaks russian that would help me out and possibly become sort of a study buddy? :)

2. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

Well given how rude and argumentative you were with me last night, I almost don't want to respond.

But I am studying Russian. I can speak it but I sure as hell can't read it.

No I don't want to be study buddies.

3. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

lol im the opposite. buy yeh i agree, we both were pretty nasty

4. happilyinlove

Well ok then, good luck in your studies!

5. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

luck has nothing to with it, but thanks :)

6. happilyinlove

lol sure it does. like DNA - its a lottery ;) some are predisposed to learn languages better than others.

round house kick to the face :D

[​IMG]

7. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

8. M2D

M2D Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w_g8PkaHBY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w_g8PkaHBY

9. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

10. happilyinlove

Neuroscientists believe that aptitude for learning second and third languages depends on the individuals ability to interpret phonemes (audible distinction). Its a safe conclusion given what we know about hereditary hearing ability and loss.

11. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

i c ur point

12. happilyinlove

13. happilyinlove

Russian is my fourth language.. I learned English, German and French now Russian and I'm working on Spanish. Probably next is Italian.

The ability to interpret and mimic sounds is really useful.

14. M2D

M2D Member

If I had more time id def learn different languages

15. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

thats actually really awesome. polyglot. i hope ur not hinting that i cant interpret and mimic, cuz i sure as hell can

16. happilyinlove

no. why would i be hinting at that? I'm saying its useful to learn faster and be understood, no hidden meaning.

by now, from reading my posts, you should know I am direct.

17. dreadzyahhmann22

dreadzyahhmann22 Member

18. Mountain Valley Wolf

Mountain Valley Wolf Senior Member

That's interesting--so you are into languages---that's great!

Russian was my first foreign language. I was pretty good at it in High School---but today I forgot most of it---I can still read the alphabet. I still have one of my readers (I took it home from school and never returned it, ooops... I wanted to try to read the stories we didn't cover). I sometimes wonder if I try to make my way through that, that I will be able to remember it.

My German is a bit better than my Russian---after studying Russian, German was very easy---and also because it was close to English. I learned German so quickly that I lost most of it just as quickly.

I am fluent in Japanese, and also read and write it. I can read Chinese, but can only speak a little of it----when I read it I only know the Japanese sounds to most of the characters.

I understand Tagalog (Filipino) pretty well. I also speak a bit of Lakota (Sioux), but I am still working on that language. I am at the point where I can understand much of what a medicine man says in ceremony, and can pray myself in Lakota.

I never formally studied French, but I was able to study enough and then pick up enough to help us get around France a few years ago, and to flirt with the waitresses, and the girls working the counters at the hotels and what not.

One of the books I am working on spends a lot of time discussing global languages---probably about 3/4's of the book. It deals quite a bit with the oldest word in the human language--so I have hundreds and hundreds of dictionaries and lexicons, vocabularies and grammars and you name it. I even have obscure vocabularies that were personally collected by people for me---an Australian friend, for example, personally collected vocabulary from several aboriginal tribes. But you name any language and I most likely have gone through it, and might even have a dictionary or vocabulary from it.