strattera?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by psychoactive321, Nov 26, 2004.

1. psychoactive321

psychoactive321 Member

are there recreational uses of strattera, if so what are the effects and the negative effects of use.

2. GothModernHippy

GothModernHippy Member

no strattera is an anti-depressant they have been linked to suicide don't pop anti-depressants

3. Primus

Primus Member

Stattera is ADAD/ADD medication.

4. stonr

stonr Member

lmao, im on anti depresants. statera has no recreational use that i know of

5. Primus

Primus Member

so it is an anti depresant as well?

6. Primus

Primus Member

Ok, so strattera is an ssri, how does it work for add? Does that mean prozak or something of the sort would be effective too?

7. stonr

stonr Member

well im not sure but ssri's in low doses can also be used to help break headache or migrane cycles,

8. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

ssris can be of use in add.

The link between antidepressants and suicide is VERY tenuous. However the link between untreated depression and other mental illnesses and suicide has been proven over and over. If one is depressed, clinical use of antidepressants is safer than no treatment. HOWEVER, antidepressants are NOT recreational. They can be dangerous to your circulatory system in large doses, and there are no antidotes to overdoses.

9. Primus

Primus Member

Its an ssri, so don't fuck with it. Just take your medication, if you feel it helps you, don't try to get high off it.

10. GothModernHippy

GothModernHippy Member

exactly the only two adhd medications that can be abused are adderall (a form of speed dextro amphedamine and levo amphedamine salts) and Ritilin (methylphenidate)
    I would know I trade my adderal xr for hits of good dope . Don't abuse selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. scientists have found a link between serotonin imbalances and self loathing just ask the razor blade scares on my leg. not only that but my freind did the same thing and none of us had any prior knowledge of each other doing it the only thing we had in common was the fact thatwe both OD 'ed on Zoloft (another SSRI) DON'T TRY TO ABUSE ANTI-DEPRESSANTS

11. rockymtnhigh

rockymtnhigh Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Strattera, was specifically developed as a non-stimulant alternative for ADD treatment. I know because I am prescribed it and I have no depression issues, just ADD.

12. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Strattera is NOT an SSRI. SSRI stands for selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Strattera is a norephinepherine reuptake inhibitor. It may produce SOME antidepressant effects, but not much.

There is NO RECREATIONAL VALUE to Strattera, and taking large amounts is harmful to your liver. I would not play with it.

Antidepressants DO NOT CAUSE SUICIDE!!! Depression causes suicide. Don't buy into media hype! The study cited by the FDA had ZERO completed suicides in the treatment group, but did have completed suicides in the control (non medicated) group. I don't know why this warning linking antidepressants to suicide was ever published. . .

13. lynsey

lynsey Banned

ssri's have also been proven to minimize adhd behaviors.

14. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

DAMN, Grant, I was just gonna say that. (He's good, really good. LOL)

Some info about this drug, which is NOT a stimulant.

(Pronounced Stra-tair-a)

Strattera is the first and only non-stimulant medication approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children, adolescents, and adults. Strattera is a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor, a class of ADHD treatment that works differently from the other ADHD medications available. Strattera is available by prescription only.

What are the Benefits of Strattera?

Proven Safe and Effective
    Six clinical trials have proven Strattera to be safe an effective in treating all symptoms of ADHD. Over 2 million prescriptions for Strattera have been filled since the FDA approved it in 2002.
    All-day ADHD Symptom Relief
    Strattera provides full-day relief of ADHD symptoms from school/work through family time, when taken as directed once or twice a day.
    Not a Stimulant
    If you have previous experience with stimulant medications, you might have been able to observe an immediate impact when it took effect and could also tell when it stopped working. You will not experience this with Strattera, since it is not a stimulant.
    Even Symptom Management
    Your system adjusts to Strattera gradually over the first month of taking it, and it can provide effective and even ADHD symptom management from that point on.
    Low risk of Appetite Suppression and Insomnia in Children and Adolescents
    With Strattera, once your child adjusts to the medication, their appetite and ability to get sleep return to their usual pattern.
    No Abuse Potential
    Strattera has been clinically proven not to have abuse potential, because it does not have stimulant effects on the brain
    Convenience of Phone-In Refills
    Because Strattera is not a controlled substance, it offers the conveience of phone-in refills between doctor's visits

They can give refills as well as samples of this drug. They cannot do this with any drug which is considered a "abuse potential." I would not mess with this drug, unless you have a legit prescrip.

15. Didymus Doppelgänger

Didymus Doppelgänger Misfit Lover

Strattera is an a.d.d medicine that doesnt have amphetamine or any other drugs like that . A.d.d is a big cause of depression, so i could see how you got mixed up with depression meds. I took it for my add and it sucked balls. Made me really nauseated all the god damn time. I'm taking adderal. Or was. haven't taken any meds for over a month.

16. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

YOU CANT ABUSE SSRIS! And yes, I was on Strattera aswell, and from what Ive gathered it isnt an SSRI but can be used to treat depression, and as a non stimulant ADD medication.

17. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

Makes you feel pretty fucking weird at first, atleast it did with me,... then one day I thought I was going to have a heart attack so i stopped taking that shit. Fuck Anti depressants. And yes, It was prescribed to me and used as directed.